Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are irish people generally sexy or is it in the water?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: well?
yes 7 35.00%
yes 2 10.00%
yes 9 45.00%
yes 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08.01.2006, 12:12 PM   #81
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ok. will all americans stop calling themselves irish...........

irish decent ok, if your folks are irish. why do americans cling on to the hope that they will be accepted as irish. i mean 50% of you are american, 50% italian!!!! i dont mean to be offensive and i hope im not taken up that way but my fathers cousins are from england but i dont call myself english!

it seems inbred in the american psyche to overpower their own nationality with another and the obvious one is irish cuz we "invaded your wonderful country in the 1800s cuz we grew sick of potatoes.

and also, therapy? are northern irish, different country, different governmant, different currency, same shore!!!

sorry but seriously i do not mean to cause offense, just stating my opinion. i have the utmost respect for americans but this national trait can get annoying....
Old 08.01.2006, 02:36 PM   #82
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Well, that's what happens when immigration forms the basis of the overwhelming majority of family histories and geneaologies. It's a young country populated by the children of immigrants and conquerors.
For future reference, how many generations removed can one be from the original immigration and still be able to speak of their lineage in this way?

(I myself refer to myself as American, FWIW)
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 02:46 PM   #83
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
It's cause being American is a very vague concept. A lot of people here are either not natives or not native within the last couple generations, so to be "American" doesn't really tell you anything about a person. It's very detached, almost a political separation. To establish a sense of identity, we connect ourselves to countries with established identities. Plus, it can sometimes be an excuse to claim you have something to do with a country you admire.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 02:53 PM   #84
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
My personal arbitrary system says that if you are third-generation born in America, just say "American."
Heritage/lineage is one thing, but you're from fucking America. So are your parents and so are your grandparents.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 04:40 PM   #85
michael71
little trouble girl

michael71 ain't too shabby
I remember talking to an American guy in Holland once and he was convinced that he was Irish just because he had an Irish type name (I can't even remember what it was now). It was funny because this guy was soooo American if you know what I mean. I did find that when I visited Europe, Irish people are generally liked, which is sort of handy. The strangest thing that was said to me was that I looked Chinese when was in Thailand! Now, that is funny because I'm a pasty-faced blue-eyed fucker.
michael71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth