Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Dirty boots single
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2008, 11:21 AM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
oops
the recording that circulated actually is not the whole show
it's the show w/o encores though
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/cc/110390.htmlnever seen the two encore songs anywhere

Aaron Mullan remastered the cherry-pickings for the Dirty Boots ep.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/ep22.html
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2008, 11:26 AM   #22
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Pokkeherrie,

I would love the full show. But, if its not the same quality than maybe not becuase the singles is pristine quality. It would be great..
Old 05.29.2008, 11:42 AM   #23
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
There is some more stuff here...

http://www.sonicyouthmedia.com/alt-main/goopop.html
Old 05.29.2008, 05:42 PM   #24
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengine
The live version of 'Catholic Block' on a Geffen promo compilation...? That one escapes me for the moment.

It's on this one:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/comp33.html

The rest of the show is on this one:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/boot19.html
... except for The Bedroom, but that's already on the official Dirty Boots EP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
Pokkeherrie,

I would love the full show. But, if its not the same quality than maybe not becuase the singles is pristine quality. It would be great..

I think it's sourced from the same recording (FM-broadcast? soundboard?) as the official EP. Except the EP sounds better of course because it's professionally mastered unlike the bootleg.

I'll have it up in a few days, but it'll take me a while to find the CDs I'm affraid. I don't think I've seen them in years. My place is such a mess that I can't find ANY CDs back, except for the ones I've recently bought... they'd be all in random piles on my desk.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2008, 07:59 PM   #25
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
after you hear how fucking out of sync kim is with the rest of the band on "my friend goo", you'll wish you never heard the whole show.

ah she fixes it by the first chorus. not like that one version of JC.. you know the one.

and 'be yr dog' w/ mudhoney is pretty awesome.

k i take it back, the encore rules
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2008, 08:51 PM   #26
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, she messes that one up way beyond terrible... anyway, i found the bootleg but not yet the compilation. hang in there folks.
Old 06.05.2008, 06:56 AM   #27
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Here are the other tracks from the "dirty boots" bootleg and the "submerge yourself in sound" compilation:
http://www.badongo.com/file/9740803
(V0 mp3)

this bootleg + this compilation + the dirty boots ep = the full show

I'll put up FLAC-files later if there's interest for a lossless version. Sorry for those who don't like badongo, but I've tried to upload it on sharebee three times and failed.
Old 06.05.2008, 08:42 AM   #28
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Amen...

Many thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Here are the other tracks from the "dirty boots" bootleg and the "submerge yourself in sound" compilation:
(V0 mp3)

I'll put up FLAC-files later if there's interest for a lossless version. Sorry for those who don't like badongo, but I've tried to upload it on sharebee three times and failed.
Old 06.05.2008, 09:37 AM   #29
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Hate to be a bitch but can someone uplaod Catholic Block mp3?
Old 06.06.2008, 05:58 AM   #30
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
Hate to be a bitch but can someone uplaod Catholic Block mp3?

I already did and it's on your hard disk, check again.
Old 06.08.2008, 10:04 AM   #31
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Is there an encryption on it? The .ab file? I am having a hard time extracting the file...
Old 06.10.2008, 07:55 AM   #32
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

No, it's not encrypted but it's Badongo that automatically does that with files over 100mb.

You have to download bot the .aa and the .ab file and then the merge-file (the .rar.bat file in the link below those two). then double-click on that .bat file and you get a normal .rar.

But nevermind, I'll upload it to another site again because badongo is a bitch.
Old 06.10.2008, 06:21 PM   #33
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

pokkeherrie,

That was remarkably easy...Just followed the instructions. And to think I even bought Winzip this past weekend....

Bought it! The program nobody buys...
Old 06.11.2008, 01:28 AM   #34
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
(V0 mp3)

Thanks pokkeherrie i only read this thread yesterday and have just downloaded the mp3's, it would be nice to have the flac files but don't worry if it's too much trouble

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth