Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Of Deluxe Editions...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2006, 01:54 AM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I have been enjoying the SY deluxe editions thouroughly, but I cant decide which is better. Dirty has a fair amount of besides and rehearsals, but Goo has practically every Goo song in raw form (-Scooter and Jinx) and the flexi interview is just wonderful. KAREN...............KAREN......................... ..........
Kim at her eeriest....haha. I guess the better of the two is self opinion. What should the next deluxe edition be? Or is there already news of the next one that i haven't heard?

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:57 AM   #2
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
How about Daydream Nation or Murray Street?
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Television: chewing gum for the eyes. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
swimsuitissue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:01 AM   #3
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Yea I was definitly thinking Daydream Nation. I sadly dont even own Murray Street yet. I am very soon going to order $220 worth of SY stuff from the online store. I need to pick up on my SY collection. I have 12 of their albums, but that is not enough.

Old 07.09.2006, 09:59 AM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsuitissue
How about Daydream Nation or Murray Street?

Neither of those are deluxe'd. Unless you meant that they should be. I've always been interested in what shit got left out of DDN. Murray Street leftovers are pretty easy to find anyway.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
I think the next to be deluxed is gonna be Daydream Nation ; but I would like to have a Deluxe Bad Moon Rising.

Between Dirty DX and Goo DX my preference goes to Dirty... I love the fact that you can hear tracks in differents moments of developments: it's a bit like SYR1 and 2...

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 10:12 AM   #6
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
I'm awaiting Goo and Dirty deluxified. I kinda wish they'd do what many other bands do....put extras, demos, alternates on disc 1....and a LIVE show for disc 2 !!! Something from the era of the original album.....so maybe with DN....

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 11:36 AM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by against_the_grain
I'm awaiting Goo and Dirty deluxified. I kinda wish they'd do what many other bands do....put extras, demos, alternates on disc 1....and a LIVE show for disc 2 !!! Something from the era of the original album.....so maybe with DN....

I'd love a 4-disc DDN deluxe.

Original album remastered on disc 1, Outtakes, Alternates, Demos on disc 2, Live Show on disc 3, and some sort of DVD on disc 4.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:00 PM   #8
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself

Original album remastered on disc 1, Outtakes, Alternates, Demos on disc 2, Live Show on disc 3, and some sort of DVD on disc 4.

That would be sonic insanity!

Old 07.09.2006, 12:10 PM   #9
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I wonder if SY could put out a "Making of Daydream Nation" DVD. Where they could show footage of them rehearsing songs, recording rough early versions of songs, and then showing them after the album has come out, with promotion spots and of course, concert footage during the tour for DN. Since its such a landmark album not just in SY's carrer but in rock N' roll music, it should really just get "the Works" so to speak.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:33 PM   #10
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:

It would be the most perfect CD package ever!
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Old 07.09.2006, 01:40 PM   #11
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i would like te see daydream nation or some old stuff reissued

"i hope goo is an popular name for expectant parents in the 90s"
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 04:14 PM   #12
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
i would like te see daydream nation or some old stuff reissued

"i hope goo is an popular name for expectant parents in the 90s"

I love that interview on Goo disc2!

Old 07.09.2006, 06:31 PM   #13
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

Quote:
Neither of those are deluxe'd. Unless you meant that they should be. I've always been interested in what shit got left out of DDN. Murray Street leftovers are pretty easy to find anyway.
It would be nice and pretty convenient I might add to have those Murray Street leftovers all in one place though.

Old 07.10.2006, 01:14 PM   #14
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
if i had to choose between the 2 deluxe editions i'd go 4 goo
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth