Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thank You Sonic Youth For The Filter Gig!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2006, 05:14 AM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Big thanks to Sonic Youth for the free LA show. IT was a perfect venue, and it felt like waiting for a free fillmore dead show in the 60s. Thanks to Steve and Lee for chilling with us after the show, and thanks to the band for giving us something so much better then pearl jam.

"Thanks for coming, yeah the last time we played in Downtown LA was in 1982." Thurston

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 05:22 AM   #2
Chaffie
empty page

Chaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the rough
Definitely. Great show.

Chaffie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:22 PM   #3
ashes2smashes
empty page

ashes2smashes has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Big thanks to Sonic Youth for the free LA show. IT was a perfect venue, and it felt like waiting for a free fillmore dead show in the 60s. Thanks to Steve and Lee for chilling with us after the show, and thanks to the band for giving us something so much better then pearl jam.

"Thanks for coming, yeah the last time we played in Downtown LA was in 1982." Thurston

What time did they finally start letting people in? Around nine?
ashes2smashes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:46 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, thanks a lot guys. It was such an awesome show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashes2smashes
What time did they finally start letting people in? Around nine?
Yeah, I think it was 9:05 when we started going in.
Old 07.09.2006, 12:46 PM   #5
ashes2smashes
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Yeah, thanks a lot guys. It was such an awsome show.
Yeah, I think it was 9:05 when we started going in.
Thanks for the pictures Alex's Trip!

Did you see Mike Watt there?
Old 07.09.2006, 12:49 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
No I didn't. I can't really say I'm disappointed though. I guess I'm too young to appreciate the Minute Men (and by that I mean I have never listened to them). I heard he was there though.
Old 07.09.2006, 01:00 PM   #7
Chaffie
empty page

Chaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the rough
Mike Watt showed up at around 6 with a bunch of people and just walked up to Thurton, talked for a bit. Then went back to his van and chatted with some people. Then when SY were soundchecking he went into the venue.

Old 07.09.2006, 01:07 PM   #8
Chaffie
empty page

No one recorded the stream?

Old 07.09.2006, 01:16 PM   #9
ashes2smashes
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffie
No on recorded the stream?
I believe there were problems with the stream.
Old 07.09.2006, 01:45 PM   #10
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone have the setlist?

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:54 PM   #11
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
There were no problems with the stream (what we thought were problems...was some kind of remix of the soundcheck? or something)...
Anyways, I'm sure someone recorded it.

Here is the setlist:
Incinerate
Reena
Catholic Block (Extended 12" version. Heh.)
Do You Believe In Rapture?
What a Waste
Sleepin' Around
Turqoise Boy
Schizophrenia (and a sweet sounding opening to it too)
Rats
Jams Run Free--> (an actual segue!)
Pink Steam
Or
---------------------------------------------END OF MAIN SET-----------
Lights Out
Eric's Trip
---------------------------------------------END OF FIRST ENCORE------
Shaking Hell
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:04 PM   #12
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
No I didn't. I can't really say I'm disappointed though. I guess I'm too young to appreciate the Minute Men (and by that I mean I have never listened to them). I heard he was there though.
Did you catch any of the water bottles Thurston threw out at the end?

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:33 PM   #13
Chaffie
empty page

the first encore was supposed to be The Neutral into Eric's Trip and the second encore lights out into Shaking Hell. But I think they got pressed for time.

Old 07.09.2006, 05:57 PM   #14
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffie
the first encore was supposed to be The Neutral into Eric's Trip and the second encore lights out into Shaking Hell. But I think they got pressed for time.
I snatched the setlist when they finished shaking hell. The setlist says:

Incinerate
Reena
Catholic Block
Rapture?
What A Waste
Sleepin' Around
Turquoise Boy
Schiz
Ratz
Jams
Pink Steam
Or
--------------------
Neutral
Eric's Trip
--------------------
Lights Out
Shaking Hell

But the encore really was:

Lights Out
Eric's Trip
-------------------
Shaking Hell

I didn't get a water bottle, but thats okay I don't really care about their water, lol.
Old 07.09.2006, 05:58 PM   #15
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
My stream wouldn't work for me at ALL.
Old 07.09.2006, 06:01 PM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
shitty shitty setttt.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 06:26 PM   #17
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
shitty shitty setttt.
The new songs are really awesome live. I guess if you are a Rather Ripped hater, then not, but RR rocks live.
Old 07.09.2006, 06:28 PM   #18
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Ya some of the songs were way better live. Particularly Rapture and Pink Steam. I think the highlight, though, was Catholic Block.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 06:31 PM   #19
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Ya some of the songs were way better live. Particularly Rapture and Pink Steam. I think the highlight, though, was Catholic Block.
Catholic Block was funny. Lee thought it was over, but they still had the ending part.

Schizo was a great part too. Jams Run Free was awesome live as well.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth