Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.09.2011, 08:22 AM   #4701
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah dood. Top tier!

Have you gotten any preference of what SA to use?

yeah I use the 2nd one, which is like the fastkick ending in a glorious highkick. It's similar to the same one I use in SSF4, except it feels a lot easier to pull off!
Old 12.09.2011, 10:44 AM   #4702
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Haha yeah. the Super arts are much easier. Much easier than charge version. Quarter circle forwardx2. You should also learn to cancel into super jump(hehe I got that from the trials in Online Edition)..that is if you haven't already. I find the timing to be a bit tricky, but seems like it's totally worth it to add some extra damage/hit(s).
I also love Remy's "flash kick" SA. I find it extremely hard to do Guile's flash kick with charging and having to do the double motion. But yeah...Charge moves seem a bit easier in SF3 too.

I dunno. I love SF3 so much. The speed of the gameplay is feels perfect to me. SFA3 seems like you have to have insane reaction timing, while SF4 seems unbearably slow.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2011, 10:46 AM   #4703
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Also, I started MGS4 again, but my dumbass left my CD out and my nephews got a hold of it. Now there's a deep scratch that won't let me past the 2nd act(first boss). I'm stupidly annoyed with it. fuck.
Old 12.13.2011, 10:28 PM   #4704
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Old 12.14.2011, 12:13 AM   #4705
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Old 12.14.2011, 05:36 AM   #4706
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

Every fighting game I ever play, this is always the move I try first. Such a staple.

GOG.com has a sale going on right now, everything half off. So for 18 bucks I picked up:

Master of Orion is a real treat. A real progenitor of the 4X strategy style of gameply. Considerably deeper than more generalized strategy games, the learning curve is pretty steep. I usually go several dozen turns before I realize I could've done this or that to really improve my economy and spread to other worlds quicker. I'm not really a fan of the ship design feature although I think it's a genius addition. But I always hate having to re-service my fleet everytime I come up with a new type of armor. The art is amazing and the races are extremely diverse and feel really unique.

This came bundled with the first MoO so that was nice. I haven't played a whole lot of it yet, but has pretty close to the same feel as the first one, though they add a little more character and variety to it with these alien experts that you can hire and assign that boost your stats in different ways. The art is even better here, and I have a feeling that given enough time I'll prefer it to the original. I have no idea what happened at Microprose, they have one of the most impressive publishing catalogs ever.

Alpha Centauri is probably objectively the best Civ game to ever come out of that whole line of Civ games, though I'm still extremely fond of Civilization I and II. This game has an amazingly broad vision and the most successful examination of all of the intricacies that populate a civilization. Religion, diplomacy, warfare, commerce, all handled extremely deftly. Like MoO, has a steep learning curve, but well worth it. I'm not a huge fan of the research system as you can only lean towards the direction you want to research in, as opposed to specifically researching x topic, but still pretty intuitive and fun.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2011, 05:36 AM   #4707
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Cont'd:

Incredibly innovative action game. While everyone was making their Doom clones like Corridor 7 or Dark Forces, Origin came out with Crusader No Remorse and went in as different a direction from Doom as nearly possible. Isometric perspective, highly detailed (for the time) graphics, fully destructible environments, deep story, puzzles and traps that go beyond mere key hunts, controllable robots to dish out the carnage for you. This game is incredible. You never feel more uncertain of your morality than when The Silencer is walking the halls blowing up everything in sight, including gutting security guards and setting innocent bystanders aflame. All the while the Silencer shows no emotion, or no remorse if you will. The FMV sequences are pretty funny and definitely take you back to the mid 90's. The controls were extremely awkward at first, but are slowly becoming second nature. Also, the music is amazing.

Like Crusader No Remorse, Total Annihilation decided to turn the strategy genre on its head a little and try something a bit different. Instead of the general resource acquisition you see in pretty much any RTS ever, you merely just build these buildings that constantly acquire the resources for you, the catch being the more you build, the quicker they gather. On paper that doesn't sound a whole lot different, but it really is. TA is also in a sort of pseudo-3D environment so terrain is more important here (for cover or slowed movement speed), and the units while all similarly blocky, are fun to watch get into combat and see explode into hulking wrecks. Definitely a cool change of pace from the typical RTS fare.

Haven't actually played this one yet. I'll probably get around to it this summer when I can sit with it for longer than hour long increments. But I've read about this one for years and it's well regarded. Apparently it's a very dense adventure game set in New Orleans, with all that great voodoo and what all it seems. Very excited to give it a go, I enjoy Sierra quite a bit.

I know even less about this one than Gabriel Knight, but I had read about it several years ago on some list of 'scariest adventure games' and it sounded interesting, a spook adventure game, haven't really played many of those, and it has more of an indie developer vibe and I generally enjoy that. So that should be exciting.

Old 12.14.2011, 05:53 AM   #4708
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Count Mecha, you rule.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2011, 11:27 AM   #4709
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

that red guy kind of looks like an imperial guard from Star Wars.
Old 12.14.2011, 11:37 AM   #4710
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Crusader No Remorse is an instant classic

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2011, 06:06 PM   #4711
Count Mecha
100%

Yeah, the Silencer reminded me of Boba Fett myself. But yeah, imperial guard is a better fit.

Definitely Slavo, after playing it for less than half an hour, I had several of those "why wasn't I playing this game ten years ago?" moments. One thing that's really neat about Crusader No Remorse is its controls and how it plays. When I first started I was frustrated because the controls are sort of complicated, not so much that the key combinations are complicated, just that there are quite a few of them, and that makes it hard to remember. When I had first started playing, one of my first thoughts was how I could see someone reacting negatively to the controls. Whereas in something like Contra or Zelda, they're near flawless and you can pick them up instantly. But in that sense, you're restricted to only a few playstyles, but Crusader gives you several to toy around with.

Another thing, is I think is that inadvertently the control scheme gives you a really neat sense of progression. When I started out, I was really sluggish, took a bunch of bullets to the face, walked into walls, so on. But now I can kind of crack draw on the guards and kill a couple of them quickly, and I have a pretty good feel for the tuck and roll to get in and out of cover quickly and surprise the enemy. And I really have to comment on the soundtrack again, it's so good. Perfect synth rock for a futuristic action shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmqoFpDWCYY

Old 12.14.2011, 06:21 PM   #4712
dirty bunny
expwy. to yr skull

dirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's assesdirty bunny kicks all y'all's asses
Today I'm playing Civilization III because I'm weary of interacting with people.
Old 12.15.2011, 03:21 PM   #4713
Count Mecha
100%

Civilization III is the only one of those I haven't played yet, if you don't count those Colonization offshoots. I don't even really know what's different in it.

Old 12.21.2011, 02:52 AM   #4714
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
For $9.99 I bought this BRAND NEW at Best Buy today...

Easily the best deal out there at the moment. The game is phenomenal. A steal, go get it.

Playing a lot of Bit.Trip FATE also, and Other M.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2011, 01:03 PM   #4715
Count Mecha
100%

Haha, that's an excellent cover.

Old 12.22.2011, 08:42 AM   #4716
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I just read Skyrim pipped Just Dance 3 and Modern Warfare 3 to the all formats Xmas No.1 spot in the UK. It's the first time in 8 years the Xmas top spot hasn't been held by an EA or Activision title. Well done Bethesda.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2011, 01:03 PM   #4717
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Good job Skyrimjob....
Old 12.24.2011, 04:30 AM   #4718
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Just got a ton of games on my ps3.

RE1-3 and Code Veronica
Wild Arsm1,2
FF7-9
Parasite Eve
Castlevania SOTN
Xenogears
AAAAAND Vagrant story....w00t
Old 12.24.2011, 06:01 AM   #4719
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Let me just say...

1) Count Mecha - AWESOME READS. Even for someone like me who hasn't played a PC game since the Myst days. THANK YOU. Top notch posts, as per usual.

2) Hadouken kitty - AWESOME

3) Sin & Punishment 2 rules so fucking hard. One of the best on the Wii, easily. I actually just saw it in a giant Wal-Mart budget game bin for the same price. I couldn't believe it was only $10, since the bin was filled to the brim with worthless crapped, mostly priced at least $15 a piece.

Maybe I'll go back there tomorrow, first thing, and snag it up for my cousin. I'm sure nobody's picked it up. ALSO WORD TO GHOSTCHASE - BEST BUY ALSO HAS LOST IN SHADOW (Wii) FOR $10 NEW. If ya wanna give that a whirl.

4) I'm really glad Skyrim hit it big. Kinda odd that everyone jumped on the Elder Scrolls series like that, especially so late in the game. But I'll take it as a sign of the general public growing tired of CoD/and whatnot. This is a change I couldn't welcome with more open arms.

5) Were those game all PSN, EVOL? I can't wait to get my hands on Parasite Eve again. I'm currently in the process of moving and only have my GC and DS on me for the time being.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2011, 05:01 PM   #4720
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Yes, they're all available on PSN...

I think....like 98% positive...
186226233234235 236 237238239246 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth