Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What are you latest concert expirience's
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
I got to see Devin the Dude @ the Dame in Lexington Ky the Dude lit up 3 times, & what a perfomance it was. I had a blast @ that show & had one drink too many. My next show was Souls Of Mischief & the had a great set as well. The group performed 93 till Infinity for their last song & That's When You're Lost as their encore. The dj had a Hify set to close out & it was awesome; I didn't even have a drink for this show.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Moppi ja Aivokurkiaiset in may.
They are sort of folkish, slightly psychedelic "schlager"-rock (?), with humorous and quite burlesque lyrics about homosexual intercourse.
very entertaining.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 06:02 PM   #3
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
Moppi ja Aivokurkiaiset in may.
They are sort of folkish, slightly psychedelic "schlager"-rock (?), with humorous and quite burlesque lyrics about homosexual intercourse.
very entertaining.

???? sounds like Vikingarna meets the Frogs, must have been entertaining indeed! You should check out Lucil Lederhosen, a blend of cheezy synth-pop with cliché-german imagery and funny lyrics....

Last concert I saw was Sunburned hand of Man, at the Suoni per il Popolo festival last month, after too many beers, and the only thing I remember from it was that it was weird, but in a good way
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
The Boredoms 77 Boadrum in Brooklyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
???? sounds like Vikingarna meets the Frogs, must have been entertaining indeed! You should check out Lucil Lederhosen, a blend of cheezy synth-pop with cliché-german imagery and funny lyrics....

Last concert I saw was Sunburned hand of Man, at the Suoni per il Popolo festival last month, after too many beers, and the only thing I remember from it was that it was weird, but in a good way
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2007, 09:34 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, if this counts, I played a show last night with Robe... it was Robe. (my dark droney glacial doom band with trombone), OS (who sound like Sunn with quiet vocals, bells, and weird electronics -- great band), and Souvenir's Young America (Crucial Blast Post-Rock band). It was cool, hopefully will have a video of it up, as we professionally recorded it to DVD, though the camera fucked up near the end. Good show..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 02:40 AM   #6
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
It was the BellRays a couple of weeks ago in Paris.
I had seen them at a festival, so knew they'd be even greater in a warmer place.
They were astonishing. They are devoted to their music and audience. They don't hold back. Their drummer is stunning, probably not subtle, but really efficient. The guitar player should pick a better instrument, as its sound doesn't deserve his skills. And the singer has a powerful voice, and she walked about the pit among the people there for bits of two songs.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 02:47 AM   #7
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
erm...let me think...I haven't been to a proper gig in a while, the last one was probably Fonal Records event with Es, Kemialliset Ystavat and Islaja. Es was great, the rest sucked quite a bit.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 10:20 AM   #8
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
wilco at warsaw last month was the best show i've ever been to.
the only show i've ever really felt a part of.

you can download it here
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 10:25 AM   #9
total-trash
children of satan

total-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's asses
man i haven't been to a show in a while. but i think the last one i went to was the books. they're shows are sort of interesting.
total-trash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 10:39 AM   #10
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Religious Knives last Friday at The Red Rose in Finsbury Park. I had a delicious plate of vegetable coucous before the show, which put me in a very good mood. Place was full of people with bad haircuts - not emo haircuts, bad ones - they looked like they'd cut their hair themselves with a blindfold on after spinning round and round for three minutes. Drinks were a good price, but I was driving so I couldn't really make the most of that. Bought a CD and a tape from Second layer records stall, settled down in a reasonably comfy plastic chair. First band up - Family Battlesnake - slightly noisy drone stuff, nothing too harsh, thought they were great, bought a CD-R. Second band - One Ensemble - featured a guy from Volcano The Bear - took themselves far too seriously for my liking - wandered out to the bar and didn't rush back. Third - Nalle - two people from One Ensemble, plus a girl - very much in keeping with the current trends in Finnish folk stuff - quite liked them. Penultimate - Airport War - noisy stuff - not my cup of tea. Headliners - Religious Knives - rather conventional - not what I'd expected or hoped for - some good basslines, but generally underwhelmed. Left a bit early - good journey home - in bed by one o'clock. Quite an enjoyable evening. End.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 11:34 AM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The Fall and others at a festival last Saturday, some dire local shite on Sunday, a folk festival the weekend before and I successfully failed to see Napalm Death on Wednesday. It's been quite good for gigs round my area of late. I've got Erasure coming up soon, and I think I'll probably nip up to catch some of the proms in London one of these weekends. Very tempted by Mahler's 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 03:30 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Itals in June
Don Carlos in May
Eek-A-Mouse- April

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 03:34 PM   #13
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Melt Banana a week or two ago. It was ok. I wasn't feeling great, but it was something I felt that if I missed I would have felt like a douche.

Its not everyday (or year, or century) bands like this come thru Omaha...
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 04:02 PM   #14
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
expirience's

Experiences*.

That shall be my only contribution to this thread.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 05:52 PM   #15
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Thank you spelling police!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Old 07.21.2007, 08:18 AM   #16
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Muse at the Garden Nef party festival in Angoulême and surprisingly they ripped (even if the latest record is rubbish).
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 08:58 AM   #17
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
I went to see the Brian Jonestown Massacre for the 3rd time last week, as always the band were complete ASSHOLES! and the audience heckled them throughout because of that, but when they played it was fucking fantastic, they are (next to the Flaming Lips) the best live band i have ever seen. Every time i go to see them i am totally blown away.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 10:48 AM   #18
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I heard they are cunts.

I saw Daniel Johnston on Monday and he was really good. I'm not a massive fan or anything but it was really enjoyable. He looked a bit shakey but not too scared or anything. He seemed to enjoy himself once he settled into it a bit.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 11:12 AM   #19
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I missed the SF melt-banana show that I pre-paid for.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 12:41 PM   #20
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

last week @ The Frownie Bear (the house I live in) I saw Wreched Worst & The Warmer Milks minus one do a set the both kicked ass then I saw some Wonder Year reruns. It's funny I have almost 2 weeks to move out the place but I'll stilll get to see the shows for free...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth