Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Les Savy Fav: Lets stay Friends
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.27.2007, 03:33 PM   #1
cellscape
little trouble girl

cellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone heard this. I'm having a hard time taking it from the cd player. At first I was a little dissapointed b/c its considerably less heavy and more melodic in my opinion than any previous releases, but it quickly grew on me.
cellscape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 03:37 PM   #2
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Les Savy Fav is all about melody as far as im concerned. Ive not heard it yet but im lookin forward to purchasing it when it comes out in the UK, i refuse to download albums i know i want to buy (unless i cant find em)
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 03:38 PM   #3
cellscape
little trouble girl

cellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to behold
Good, I think you'll like this one when your able to purchase it.
Old 08.27.2007, 03:42 PM   #4
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
having said that i did download 3/5 before it was rereleased, and cause it wasnt rereleased with anything at all i didnt bother buying the CD. Morally.... i dont care, but thats how it is
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 03:49 PM   #5
cellscape
little trouble girl

I decided sometime back that I didn't have much of a problem downloading b/c its the only way I can afford the 40,000 songs I have. That being said I still buy cds on a monthly level, have 800 in my living room, and see about 60 live shows a year if you count festivals. Plus I buy merchandise, tour posters and turn a lot of people on to music they have never heard. Not that I want to turn the topic into that. Back to LSF, there also a nice dub song on there.
Old 08.27.2007, 06:39 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
EH.

it's okay..

as usual, the guitar player is a fucking GENIUS.. but even he seems subdued.. the vocals are pretty bad, as usual, but .. i dunno.. they don't seem as irritating as before, but they do ruin plenty of parts of rockin out.. the delayed guitars and the amazing rhythm section hold down the fort.. i dunno.. the songs just aren't that memorable.. strangely, i'm not a fan of dance music, but the danciest song on here -- track 4, i believe -- is my favorite..

3/5.. inches.. go forth.. and ESPECIALLY rome upside down.. those are the jams.. this is probably their worst album. but it's not BAD.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2007, 06:08 AM   #8
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
its ok. not a patch on inches. they have the thing tho. i was disappointed with it....
Old 08.28.2007, 12:04 PM   #9
cellscape
little trouble girl

I was dissapointed at first to, but several songs became stand outs after a couple days of listens. Oh, and I always liked his voice and still do. I still won't say its there best.
Old 08.28.2007, 12:49 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
it's just boring, bland, predictable, and too .. i dunno .. subdued? it's not BAD, just.. their worst album, i guess.

anyway, nothing is better than "God bless the cyborgs at your door, it feels like it's been here seven, se-se-se-se-seventy times before."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2007, 01:11 PM   #11
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
worse than U2. nowe thats saying a lot.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth