Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The most extreme music ever?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
I think I've found a contender.

Now if you're easily disturbed I'd tell you not to read on... it's 3am and it's probably not a good idea I'm doing this exactly, but I'm sure someone may be interested...

DO NOT click if you think you're prone to being disturbed:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EXg2HGFLLIc

Stalaggh, I've been told, are composed of artists, black metal musicians and noise musicians. One member is an insane guy who killed his own mother at 16. One of the "musicians" was almost murdered during the recording process and it was all recorded.

The video itself is recorded with WWII mental patients screaming footage with someone's manipulated screaming above it. The rest I'll leave to you.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 09:10 PM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
suiting video, it's really powerful. I like the band as well. Thank you.

This is extreme in a different way. It's a noise band that brought a forklift in for an indoor performance and tore a wall off of the venue. It's a slideshow, so you need to click the arrow thingie
http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~gin/rock/japan/hanatarasi/hanatarashi2/hanatarashi2.html
Old 07.30.2007, 12:11 AM   #3
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
FUCK YEAH HANATRASH! Eye is the craziest motherfucker in the world.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 03:26 AM   #4
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Rob
I think I've found a contender.

Now if you're easily disturbed I'd tell you not to read on... it's 3am and it's probably not a good idea I'm doing this exactly, but I'm sure someone may be interested...

DO NOT click if you think you're prone to being disturbed:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EXg2HGFLLIc

Stalaggh, I've been told, are composed of artists, black metal musicians and noise musicians. One member is an insane guy who killed his own mother at 16. One of the "musicians" was almost murdered during the recording process and it was all recorded.

The video itself is recorded with WWII mental patients screaming footage with someone's manipulated screaming above it. The rest I'll leave to you.

Do you know if they play parties and weddings?

Seriously, don't buy into this "using mental patients for the vocals and recording in abandoned monastries and factories where one band member nearly got killed by a mental patient" thing. It's just some made-up bullshit to create a tough image, possibly done by some kid living with his mum.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 03:34 AM   #5
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
The "mental patient" thing was done by SPK in the late 70's, and it's been oft mentioned that one of their members in their peak early 80's period was a former patient himself (I think he's the one taking bites out of a rotting cow's head in the "Despair" video).

As for extremity? Hmm, one person's extreme hell music is another person's "meh". Oh course, there's also extreme tunefulness, quietness etc etc.
Old 07.30.2007, 05:30 AM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
'Most extreme' doesn't really bother me as a category. I did quite enjoy the music mind. I'll probably invest in their album. Thanks, C. Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 06:35 AM   #7
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
The "mental patient" thing was done by SPK in the late 70's, and it's been oft mentioned that one of their members in their peak early 80's period was a former patient himself (I think he's the one taking bites out of a rotting cow's head in the "Despair" video).

As for extremity? Hmm, one person's extreme hell music is another person's "meh". Oh course, there's also extreme tunefulness, quietness etc etc.

I was just thinking the same thing about SPK.
Stalaggh left me cold - the whole 'grainy monochrome concentration camp footage' thing has been done to death, and I don't really see how it can relate to music in 2007.

I found SPK to be much more disturbing.

The guy who killed his mum is dead now. Killed in a car crash earlier this month.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 07:04 AM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Hang on there, are you two talking about SPK the band or SPK the terrorist group/ patients' collective? Or did the terrorist group make records as well? I don't know much about SPK the band, but I'm not sure they had any mental patients involved. It's possible they did, of course, but there are two SPKs. Checking wikipedia it transpires that SPK band worked in a mental home. Well, there you go then, that doesn't make anything clearer.

In fact, more than two - wiki 1

SPK 'patients' collective' & SPK band

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 07.30.2007, 07:16 AM   #9
sarramkrop

Can anyone remember that electronica record that came out in the late 90's by some German musicians that worked with a group of mentally ill patients? I have it at home, but I don't remember what it's called. It's not a very good record.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 07:19 AM   #10
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Gee that's pretty creepy. I played my harmonica over the top to lighten the mood.
Old 07.30.2007, 08:10 AM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Can anyone remember that electronica record that came out in the late 90's by some German musicians that worked with a group of mentally ill patients? I have it at home, but I don't remember what it's called. It's not a very good record.

This one? I assume it's that one, because that one isn't very good.

Quote:
Old 07.30.2007, 08:13 AM   #12
sarramkrop

Yes, that's the one. Listened to it once, and I don't wanna hear it again.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 08:29 AM   #13
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
i really dig this. this video doesn't bother me at all, though. the holocaust fascinates me to no end & i get entertainment from pictures of birth defects. ANYWAY, thanks for posting.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 08:43 AM   #14
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Glice - I was referring to SPK the band, who of course took their name from the original terror group/collective. Their head honcho Graeme Revell did work in a psychiatric hospital, and another of the members (Neil Hill/Ne-H-Il??) was the guy who legend has it had been a mental patient.
Old 07.30.2007, 09:37 AM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
The imagery is extreme but quite typical. It's being intense without really saying anything. A bit like a drunken stranger screaming at you from the other side of a busy road.

I just wonder what motivates them.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:39 AM   #16
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The whole thing really reminded me of an old SPK video too. This ground has been tread before, and quite a long time ago, but I still enjoyed it. It was better than Sleep Chamber, at least.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 10:07 AM   #17
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
where's the hijokaidan?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 10:09 AM   #18
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
and the sounds in that video were actually quite boring.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 10:17 AM   #19
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Glice - I was referring to SPK the band, who of course took their name from the original terror group/collective. Their head honcho Graeme Revell did work in a psychiatric hospital, and another of the members (Neil Hill/Ne-H-Il??) was the guy who legend has it had been a mental patient.

Ne/H/Il was a schitzophrenic who was with the band early on. He was the one responsible for the pseudo-german used in a lot of the early SPK stuff. He killed himself in the early 80's after his wife died.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 10:21 AM   #20
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
extreamly tame really,

im so cool, this mad shit doesnt even touch me
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth