Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page smashing pumpkins live
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2008, 01:47 AM   #1
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them tonight, and I must say that despite the line up changes, they put on a hell of a show. They played at least one song frrom every album according to my friend. I dont own all of their albums, and its been awhile since my pumpkins craze. But damn, I am really glad I went. They played for just over 2 1/2 hours pretty much non stop. Corgan doesnt have as much of a god syndrome, but more of a bitter fallen angel syndrome. they had 5 song acoustic set in the middle of the show, which corgan brought out his nine year old niece to sing "once upon a time" from the Adore album. It was the best part of the acoustic set. The first 1/3 of the show was awesome. The acoustic set...was decent. The last 1/3 of the show wasnt that great...a lot of filler; however they did an mind-blowing cover of Set controls for the heart of the sun. They ended the show with the entire band playing kazoos (with th exception of an accordian player that was brought on, and the girl playing keyboard, i forgot her name) during an interesting rendition of "in the summertime."

it was overall a good show. I havent heard the new album though, and now i might have to have a listen.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth