Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Fushitsusha
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2009, 12:15 PM   #1
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I know there's a Keiji Haino thread knocking about already, but I really only created this thread to comment that the last track on the second disc of Fushitsusha's PSF 3/4, A.K.A. Double Live I, is simply one of the most breathtakingly amazing recordings of all time, so I figured a specifically Fushitsusha thread was more apt. It's fantastic all the way through, but when it really soars off into that mournful guitar part at about 16 and a half minutes in I swear that my heart almost stops, and I think I'll never hear anything better. And then it hits the last minute or so, with the super subdued backing and Keiji doing those high moans, and it somehow even manage to transcend the beauty of the previous 25 minutes. Beyond legendary.

If however you have something else to add about the amazingness of Fushitsusha that isn't about that tracks perfection, I guess this would also be the place.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2009, 06:33 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Great review, great band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2009, 07:40 PM   #3
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I agree, that song is especially good.

I used to have an absolute favorite track off of one of the Double Live albums, but I can't remember which it was. It might have been the last track on Double Live II. I haven't listen to them in a while.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Fuckin, The Wisdom Prepared. That is all I have to say, really.
Old 11.08.2009, 07:01 AM   #5
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I agree, that song is especially good.

I used to have an absolute favorite track off of one of the Double Live albums, but I can't remember which it was. It might have been the last track on Double Live II. I haven't listen to them in a while.

The last track of double live II is another of the best tracks they ever recorded, so quite possibly. It's certainly a candidate for the most rocking thing they ever did anyway. Just 15 minutes of straight up pounding drums and great bass riffage with Keiji doing some of his best ever rock guitar soloing over the top. Another favourite of mine. There's a bit right near the end when the whole thing briefly breaks down into total skronk, and then momentarily Keiji grabs it back with the whole new chugging riff that just KILLS. One of the best ever "little moments" in my record collection. God, those first two Double Live albums are just stupidly fantastic. As, of course, is the majority of everything else Keiji GOD has been involved with...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i lost my copy of double live 2 when i moved house....
there are plenty of amazing fushitsusha tracks but the one for me that immediately springs to mind is the first track on pathetique, it sounds like they're channeling pure evil!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth