Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.11.2015, 05:58 PM   #6461
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

This past few days I've just had no interest in watching football. Then of all the fucking times I miss two days of football these shockers happen. Saying that, a friend text me after the game saying it was a disgrace to football.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2015, 06:10 PM   #6462
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
The game wasn't great. Very niggly all the way through. Starting to come round to the criticisms levelled at Costa now. I still like his aggression but tonight he was little more than a thug. And watching Thiago score to dump Chelsea out was just one of those beautiful things.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2015, 08:18 PM   #6463
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

---

bayern took their revenge on shakhtar too-- i didn't have a chance to see it but i saw the demented score-- though it's no longer a surprise
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2015, 01:09 AM   #6464
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Feel slightly bitter-sweet about the Chelsea game. Always nice to see them beaten but I was kind of hoping for a big Mourinho v Pep match-off final (draw permitting). Although, even without last nights loss, watching highlights of Bayern, I think they'd have destroyed Chelsea. They have to be favourites now.
Old 03.12.2015, 09:32 AM   #6465
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i am not fond of predictions or odd-making which is why i don't gamble, but barcelona has to be a contender and who knows--- maybe even dortmund, or leverkusen make the final.

i have to wonder why bayern played so poorly vs. shakhtar in the away game-- maybe angela merkel asked them to be kind for foreign policy reasons ha ha. i'm willing to seriously entertain that thought. but a 7-0 result vs them is not that impressive-- it was more so vs. roma.

then again bayern has a way to get entangled with their own feet every now and then. the final is a single game after all and luck can have a big part. shit, even man city could possibly win it all.

anyway, i'll change subject to ask-- kent? i'll have to google the place. so what took you there? girlfriend? work? both?
Old 03.12.2015, 03:08 PM   #6466
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i am not fond of predictions or odd-making which is why i don't gamble, but barcelona has to be a contender and who knows--- maybe even dortmund, or leverkusen make the final.

i have to wonder why bayern played so poorly vs. shakhtar in the away game-- maybe angela merkel asked them to be kind for foreign policy reasons ha ha. i'm willing to seriously entertain that thought. but a 7-0 result vs them is not that impressive-- it was more so vs. roma.

then again bayern has a way to get entangled with their own feet every now and then. the final is a single game after all and luck can have a big part. shit, even man city could possibly win it all.

anyway, i'll change subject to ask-- kent? i'll have to google the place. so what took you there? girlfriend? work? both?

Over two legs I'd have to fancy Bayern but, you're right, in a final it can be anyone's. Remember how Chelsea defied all expectations in beating them a few year's ago.

As for Kent, I just got sick of London. I'd lived there all my life, in different parts and it was seriously starting to do my head in, even though I was increasingly seeking out 'greener' less urban parts of it. But those are becoming stupidly expensive. Anyway a friend told me about a place going cheap and I took the plunge. It's definitely going from one extreme to the other but that suits me.

Some pictures I've got online of spots within a few mile radius of me

Old 03.12.2015, 03:35 PM   #6467
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i googled kent-- looks nice & it's closer to france.

that looks amazing-- where i live we have forests but it's just dirt-- and mud when it rains.

e.g., a google of "juniper pinon woodland" turns up...

makes you thirsty just looking at it, doesn't it? it's a fucking desert. (that's not where i live, that looks more like a suburb, but the geography is the same).

desert or not, i can't complain about the space and having few neighbors (the fewer the better).

so what do you do for work? new job? teach online? commute by train? started a religious cult? did you buy the place? are you renting? why so stingy w/ the information? ha ha ha ha.
Old 03.12.2015, 03:53 PM   #6468
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It looks perfect!

Yeah, I bought it but it's basically a shack so I'm effectively rebuilding it as I go along. That's how I could afford it.

I teach art history at a university in London so I have to commute. It's expensive, about £40/$60 a day, but I'm only in for a maximum of 3 days a week and I've been staying at my girlfriends in London to cut down costs during term time. But I have stupidly long holidays in the summer when I only have to go in for very occasional meetings, plus I'm able to do 90% of my admin online, so it actually works out really cheap compared with having to rent in London.
Old 03.12.2015, 04:05 PM   #6469
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh i understand the setup now. there were big holes in your original story. congrats on buying a shack!!! shacks rule.

btw. look up ianto evans on cob buildings-- if you ever wanna put a studio or something on your land or rebuild differently, or have options. i have his book (kindle version).

evans is the one that gave me the idea you were in wales. he grew up there (fleeing the german bombings) and in the cob house book he called it "the indian reservation of the british empire" or something of that sort-- so when you said you were super-remote i thought--wales! the holy land of zeta! etc.

anyway, yeah, ianto evans. good stuff. check him. or-- look at THE WOODLAND HOUSE which is by one of your compatriots who makes a living as a coppicer and charcoal burner, probably somewhere near you.

dammit, man. so many possibilities living in the sticks. and you ahve rain! rain means more plants. plants are good.
Old 03.12.2015, 04:19 PM   #6470
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Cool! Thanks. I'll definitely give him a look.

Funny, my dad was evacuated to Wales during WW2 so he may have a point. Although he hated the place. Said he'd have rather taken his chances with the luftwaffe than with laverbread.
Old 03.12.2015, 04:25 PM   #6471
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

haaa haaaa haaaa haaa!

i've never heard of laverbread before. now i'll have to investigate...

--

eta: it's seaweed! i love seaweed! wtf, demon's dad! it's THE WELSHMAN'S CAVIAR!
Old 03.12.2015, 04:47 PM   #6472
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I like it but it's got a very distinct taste that people seem to either love or hate. It definitely doesn't taste like other seaweed I've tried. Lovely with cockles.
Old 03.12.2015, 05:10 PM   #6473
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Bitch, we need to talk about Lukaku! Why we can't see performances like we did tonight more often I'll never know. Anyhoo, going into the second leg with a lead. Bring on the next round!

Then we'll get to Sunday and i'll be despairing at how shit Everton are, and that Lukaku can kiss my ass.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2015, 05:44 PM   #6474
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

staring the bayern/shakhtar recording right now...
Old 03.12.2015, 06:49 PM   #6475
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
makes you thirsty just looking at it, doesn't it? it's a fucking desert. (that's not where i live, that looks more like a suburb, but the geography is the same).

n
I shitload more green than the "Angeles National Forest" i go hiking in..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2015, 07:57 PM   #6476
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I shitload more green than the "Angeles National Forest" i go hiking in..

like kim says in her book-- there's a bunch of burlap under LA

england looks amazingly green though--and kent is supposed to be greener than the rest from what i read

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Bitch, we need to talk about Lukaku! Why we can't see performances like we did tonight more often I'll never know. Anyhoo, going into the second leg with a lead. Bring on the next round!

Then we'll get to Sunday and i'll be despairing at how shit Everton are, and that Lukaku can kiss my ass.

i had to google to understand, since i wasn't aware of where everton was playing-- i thought you didn't care about the europa league!

at least the last time i asked about it everyone here told me not to give it a 2nd thought

========
========

my take on the bayern/shakhtar:

while 7-0 is an impressive score, it was made easy by the fact that a shakhtar player was thrown out on minute 2 of the game.

don't mean to be "negative" by dismissing such an absolute victory, but what i saw during the first half was a bayern that missed many many many many chances to score.

first half ended 2-0; it could easily have been 33-0 the way things were going. but it didn't.

and this is what i worry about-- the awful conversion rate in the first of such dominance -- all the tikitaka in the world scores no goals. this is when bayern can look awful (awfully ineffective that is).

2nd half with rode in for robben was when things went bananas-- well rode came in the first 1/2 with a robben injury.

this time there wasn't so much pass spaghetti in the area, but they scored more.

bernat in for ribéry, was good. dante for badstuber, just fine. happy to see badstuber recovered--and even score. i thought he'd spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair the way he was going.
Old 03.12.2015, 08:23 PM   #6477
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

england looks amazingly green though--and kent is supposed to be greener than the rest from what i read

Kent is dubbed the garden of England. It is very green, mainly because it gets a stupid amount of rain, so while it looks pretty it's heavily prone to floods.

Quote:
i thought you didn't care about the europa league!

at least the last time i asked about it everyone here told me not to give it a 2nd thought

It's interesting if the club you support are in it, otherwise you tend to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Bitch, we need to talk about Lukaku!

He reminds me of Adebayor, ie good when he can be arsed otherwise a complete waste of time (and £28m).
Old 03.12.2015, 08:39 PM   #6478
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Kent is dubbed the garden of England. It is very green, mainly because it gets a stupid amount of rain, so while it looks pretty it's heavily prone to floods.

sweeettt.

see, in a place like that you can have a dairy cow in your backyard. how much space have you got?

farm nerd talk: in a place like wisconsin (green) you can have a cow feed off 2 acres-- in wyoming, it's like 20 acres per cow. where i live it's more like 100 acres per cow (since hills don't count for cows--at least officially-- and this is hilly terain). the productivity of your land must be insane.

if you have a small space, a dexter cow might fit.

dammit, man. consider the cheese. or the steak!

Quote:
It's interesting if the club you support are in it, otherwise you tend to ignore it.

i love you sam! i'm happy to see sam go. i love you again sam!
Old 03.12.2015, 10:12 PM   #6479
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Actually LA itself has be named the most tree populated urban center in America, there is literally a tree for every person however our natural chapparel is much different, so when you leave the city for the nearby mountains there is less green because there is less water away from the aquaduct fed city

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2015, 03:54 AM   #6480
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
i love you sam! i'm happy to see sam go. i love you again sam!

Haha. I may be overreacting in wanting Sam out but where have I ever shown any love for him? If I was I was definitely being ironic. A grudging respect at times, maybe, pragmatism in terms of our position, definitely, even happiness when he was upsetting Mourinho and Van Gaal, but love? Never. For the record, I hated him being appointed in the first place but understood the reasons why. I wanted him out last season but saw an upturn in the way we played at the start of this one, but since Christmas we've started to implode again. I don't want him sacked before the end of the season, I just don't want his contract renewed in the summer. Although, again, I understand the reasons why the board would want to.

Quote:

if you have a small space, a dexter cow might fit.

Having animals would just mean something for me to worry about. I've moved here with the very intention of minimising it. I'm a few miles away from a large town, where I do my weekly shop, which works for me. I look at a cow and just think hassle.
274314321322323 324 325326327334374424 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth