Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2009, 06:22 PM   #5421
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
The transformation scene in Lewis' Nutty Professor used to scare the living daylights out of me as a youngster. What strikes me most about the film now is the fantastic use of colors in each scene.

Scream.

Still just as mediocre as I remember it being.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 06:29 PM   #5422
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
While I don't feel the same way, I do feel that way about Darjeeling Limited. Not horrible, but still without any depth or life to it.

hmm...i definitely understand that the characters motivations/emotions were a bit vague (a common criticism of his films), but i didnt think it was without depth or development. as a whole, i love anderson right now cause he's a new discovery for me, but i can see his charm wearing a bit thin after a while.
Old 02.06.2009, 06:44 PM   #5423
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
The transformation scene in Lewis' Nutty Professor used to scare the living daylights out of me as a youngster. What strikes me most about the film now is the fantastic use of colors in each scene.

Yes, I noticed that, too! Also the sight/sound gags are perfect. In one scene where the students are filing out of the classroom in the background, they file out endlessly for a good two minutes, like the classroom never really empties. If you watch the background it's the same 10 or so kids over and over again.
Old 02.06.2009, 07:25 PM   #5424
me.
stalker

me. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's asses
for @sonicpark - trailer for new Asano movie 'Donju',

http://donju.gyao.jp/

Looks fun.
me. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 07:32 PM   #5425
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha oh man that looks amazing!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 05:33 AM   #5426
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Frost/Nixon

not bad ad all, a little simplistic, but it was directed with a nice touch, something I wouldn't expect by Ron Howard (never liked his movies from a "technical" pov). And Rockwell, well, rocks.

The Happening

UTTER CRAP, even Zooey was annoying. 1 good scene in the first 10 mins is all you'll get from it.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 08:20 AM   #5427
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Scream.

Still just as mediocre as I remember it being.

Are you serious?? God, I think the first one is great! (ps, do you have the VHS? The VHS is actually the only way to get the unrated version. the box says R, but it ain't R)
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 08:52 AM   #5428
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah the first Scream is pretty brilliant really.

Old 02.07.2009, 10:30 AM   #5429
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

fuckit, it was sad... truly a disturbed person.
i'm of the impression that the rape drove her nuts, and that her "gangbangs" were some sort of ritualistic attempts at controlling the events that had so scarred her. the rest (the "theory", the "feminism",the "empowerment", the "research", the endless razionalizations, the delusion of control) was bullshit. but this is not discussed in the documentary and it's left to the viewer to connect the dots. that poor woman may have been smart, but had serious mental issues which she acted out in painfully self-destructive ways. i hope she eventually got treatment.

anyway, an interesting cultural artifact that i first found in this cesspool-- i forgot who recommended it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 01:03 PM   #5430
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i watched simple men.
im not sure what to think on hal hartley. ive seen one other film of his (trust) and i dont know.
simple men is defiantly a good moon. and it defiantly has the cool facotr. and the scene with kool thing is one of the better dance scenes in cinema. but i dont know. those dialogues (which are his trademark) can get really annoying at times.
so i dont know

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 03:29 PM   #5431
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah the first Scream is pretty brilliant really.

fucking right it is!
Old 02.07.2009, 03:31 PM   #5432
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

8.5/10
The story initially smells of timelife movie shitfest, but the acting is just perfect, and the movie is well made. I was quite pleased, hard to say I enjoyed it because it isn't necessarily meant to be enjoyable, but still damn good.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 03:53 PM   #5433
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i watched simple men.
im not sure what to think on hal hartley. ive seen one other film of his (trust) and i dont know.
simple men is defiantly a good moon. and it defiantly has the cool facotr. and the scene with kool thing is one of the better dance scenes in cinema. but i dont know. those dialogues (which are his trademark) can get really annoying at times.
so i dont know

that's funny (funny peculiar not funny ha ha) cuz i love hartley's dialogues above most else in his films. they are always slightly insane and very theatrical-- the characters definitely do no speak "like real life". i think hartley might have come out of playwriting. if you don't believe me watch david mamet's "house of games" & notice the commonalities of that movies' dialogue with hartley's-- mamet of course is a playwriter above anything else. but the dialogue is always fucking great!

let me do a little digging: he actually studied painting in art school. but the theatricality of his dialogue is very clear to me.

hm... his resume lists only 1 stage play
http://www.filmreference.com/film/35/Hal-Hartley.html

anyway, im rambling at this point...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2009, 11:34 PM   #5434
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Are you serious?? God, I think the first one is great! (ps, do you have the VHS? The VHS is actually the only way to get the unrated version. the box says R, but it ain't R)

No, I borrowed a friend's DVD. The revelation of the killer's identity was pretty clever and all the "How to survive a horror movie" and in-jokes were amusing, but the flick as a whole just feels kind of flat to me. Perhaps a little bit too much of Arquette and Cox googly-eyeing each other?

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2009, 03:16 AM   #5435
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
The perfect late-night movie

Old 02.08.2009, 03:30 AM   #5436
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Milk, and was impressed. The end.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2009, 07:32 AM   #5437
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I think Scream was really brilliant for a mainstream horror film in 1996. Clever little film. Basically revived the horror genre, though most of the knockoffs and horror films since then have sucked. It is a bit flat now, but it was my favorite film when I was 10 (!) so I guess I just have fond memories. Oh, and the opening scene is amazing!

Old 02.08.2009, 08:18 AM   #5438
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, I borrowed a friend's DVD. The revelation of the killer's identity was pretty clever and all the "How to survive a horror movie" and in-jokes were amusing, but the flick as a whole just feels kind of flat to me. Perhaps a little bit too much of Arquette and Cox googly-eyeing each other?

had you seen it before? It sounds like you hadn't. When it came out, at that time during that film-landscape it was like ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Quote:

Awesome! I think I like the 2nd one even better, though. Haven't seen the "3rd" yet.
Old 02.08.2009, 08:20 AM   #5439
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think Scream was really brilliant for a mainstream horror film in 1996. Clever little film. Basically revived the horror genre, though most of the knockoffs and horror films since then have sucked. It is a bit flat now, but it was my favorite film when I was 10 (!) so I guess I just have fond memories. Oh, and the opening scene is amazing!

Hells to the yeah. Scream is still on my handful of "comfort films"... ones that I've seen so many times that I put on when I can't sleep. American Psycho, Rules Of Attraction, and Wet Hot American Summer are also on that list.
Old 02.08.2009, 08:24 AM   #5440
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Actually in 3D... Paramount finally got off their lazy asses and released the 3D cut. (it seems they're slowly going thru the films and releasing them uncut/deluxe/etc... which is great, but also means I'll be buying them all for the 3rd time now)

Pretty good. Entertaining anyway. No new info if you've seen the boxset documentary, or the documentary on Jason X bonus, or if you have the Crystal Lake Memories book.
222262269270271 272 2732742752823223727721272 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth