Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So Street Fighter 4 comes to consoles next week
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2009, 07:38 PM   #61
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
fuck yea dude!!!!!
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 11:24 PM   #62
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
SonikJesus -- PSN is a fine service in itself, the problem isn't with it but rather the demand from XBL. Developers are pushed to develop with the netcoding for XBL as a top priority from the studios due to the need for payment. If XBL didn't cost money, they'd put equal effort in to the netcoding for both of them. Fact is that publishers are more concerned about getting the product out fast, and not wanting to alienate the customers who payed extra for their online service. Don't blame the PSN, it's the publishers who are demanding less in regards to netcoding quality for the PSN.

Also, you mentioned BlazBlue. That's probably my favourite new fighter I've played in recent times. I regularily go to an arcade that's about 40 minutes from my house just to play it. I much prefer it to the new SF.

All of that aside, I spent 5 hours a friend's house playing SF4 on his modded 360 (game leaked, if any of you have a modded console) and the default control scheme fucking sucks. Right bumper for fierce punch and right trigger for fierce kick? You can adjust it... but it sucked when we took turns playing through arcade mode fights to unlock more characters. I couldn't get used to it at all.

chairman of the bored, you forgot to mention the best feature of the PS3. Full USB gamepad support. I'm probably going to mostly playing SF4 on a USB Sega Saturn controller, with the DPAD OF THE GODS.

Wow, you have one of those Saturn pads? I want one of those so bad. They are fucking expensive though. If i was good at modding I'd mod my saturn controller to work with my 360.

And yeah, BlazBlue is awesome. King of Fighters XII is looking to be amazing too.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2009, 02:39 PM   #63
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Ordered one off ebay, just waiting on it. Next week I'm also picking up a cheap hori stick =)
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2009, 02:57 PM   #64
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
I meant couldn't you change the button config on your controller if you didn't like the default? I've been doing that since snes.

And congrats on the tourney.

I'm thinking of getting this. A close friend has said xbox is the way to go, especially if I don't really need to play online. Due to other good games. Also is Blanka in this ? Oro?

Quote:
What do you mean, Kloriel? The button mapping or something else?

In regards to the SFIV arcade mode, it feels like any other arcade mode I've ever played. I think it's 6 wins, rival then Seth. The challenge mode looks fun from what I've seen.

As for the tournament, I made it to the 3rd round and lost. Not a great performance, but considering the talent there I'm happy with how I did. It was a lot of fun too!
Old 02.21.2009, 03:12 PM   #65
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Blanka is in. Oro isn't. The basic character list is everyone from SF2 Turbo other than T.Hawk and Dee Jay. + Rose, Sakura, Gen, Dan. Six new characters (C.Viper, El Fuerte, Rufus, Abel, Seth (new boss) and Gouken is finally playable)

And yeah, you can configure the layout but I mean the actual controller's functionality is awkward compared to a stick. It's harder to pull off supers with the analogue stick on the controller, and the d-pad is awkward as well.
Old 03.01.2009, 01:04 PM   #66
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
just got it a couple days ago...its great!...seth is a fucking cheeseball though...i tried playing online and got nothing but one as whooping after another...fucking brutal kids...so who wants to fight? at least youll get soem battle points off of my pathetic ass
Old 03.01.2009, 01:12 PM   #67
vulva
the end of the ugly

Seth is ridiculous. I'll be back at my place that has SF4 in a day or so. If you're on the PSN I'll add you when I got home and we can do battle. I'm not very good, so it should be an even match ^_^
Old 03.01.2009, 01:23 PM   #68
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
ok...i sent a friend request to evolghost already (answer that shit!)...and ill send one to timmay next time i'm on....mine is: MikeWatt
Old 03.01.2009, 01:37 PM   #69
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
ok...i sent a friend request to evolghost already (answer that shit!)

I accepted a while ago man. I saw you on the other day.

ps Seth is a friggin' douche bag. I unlocked everyone but him. I don't care too much for him. I'll unlock him later. Right now I have to get better.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2009, 01:38 PM   #70
vulva
the end of the ugly

Since I'm far away from SF4 right now and going through withdrawal I figure I'll ask... who do you guys main as? I'm usually Chun Li and been trying to get better with Viper.
Old 03.01.2009, 01:49 PM   #71
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Since I'm far away from SF4 right now and going through withdrawal I figure I'll ask... who do you guys main as? I'm usually Chun Li and been trying to get better with Viper.

my Main is Ken. He's just so awesome. but besides him and the clones (Akuma, Ryu and Gouken i guess) I try to use Chun Li. Abel is pretty sweet but his grabs and roll are super cheap so I stopped usin' him. Viper is pretty cool, but I don't like using her much. I'm actually gonna start using Vega too. Never really got good with him, so I figure I would....heh.
Old 03.01.2009, 01:49 PM   #72
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

oh yeah and Sakura! can't forget her.
Old 03.01.2009, 01:54 PM   #73
vulva
the end of the ugly

Viper is weird since her movesets resemble SNK characters more than SF ones, which is why she's so different from everyone else in SF4.

I'm pissed at the amount of Shotos in this game to be honest (Ken, Ryu, Gouken, Akuma, Dan, Sakura and Sagat) but I guess it had to happen. We really don't need that many characters with the overall same movesets. I like playing with Akuma though, since the teleport really pisses people off. I try not to get cheap with him though.

Also, if you want a fun technique to practice that's kind of hard to master, but once you do really pisses off other players try this; play as Dhalsim, send a slow fireball their way and then teleport behind them and hit them. There's no D for it if you do it right haha.
Old 03.01.2009, 05:07 PM   #74
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
I still prefer ssf2t. Not that 4 isn't good, I just like super turbo better. If anyone has hd remix on 360, send me a request. My GT is JazzBlaster19.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2009, 11:36 PM   #75
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm pissed at the amount of Shotos in this game to be honest (Ken, Ryu, Gouken, Akuma, Dan, Sakura and Sagat) but I guess it had to happen. We really don't need that many characters with the overall same movesets. I like playing with Akuma though, since the teleport really pisses people off. I try not to get cheap with him though.

yeh....Sakura and Sagat still have their own feel for the most part I think. and Gouken I hear resembles Ryu in SF3. I still haven't played as Gouken. and Akuma is kind of overpowered. I still like usin' him though.

Quote:

Also, if you want a fun technique to practice that's kind of hard to master, but once you do really pisses off other players try this; play as Dhalsim, send a slow fireball their way and then teleport behind them and hit them. There's no D for it if you do it right haha.

nice tactic.
Old 03.01.2009, 11:48 PM   #76
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Abel is such a cheap character. especially when the godamn AI plays as him
Old 03.02.2009, 12:54 PM   #77
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
Abel is such a cheap character. especially when the godamn AI plays as him

amen.
Old 03.02.2009, 05:09 PM   #78
vulva
the end of the ugly

Man, Abel's easy. When you get hit and are getting up just make sure you're hitting grab as well so it cancels out his grab and you'll be fine.
Old 03.02.2009, 05:35 PM   #79
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

thanks for the tip. im new to fighting games. never got into any of the post-snes games. besides alpha 3.

Seth is such an uninspired villian. a lame naked blue dude with all of the male move sets. fucking lame
Old 03.02.2009, 05:41 PM   #80
vulva
the end of the ugly

Looks like a dildo

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth