Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Yoko Ono & Thurston Moore at Helsinki Festival
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.18.2013, 03:15 PM   #1
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
I came to see Yoko Ono's & Thurston Moore's concert today at Helsinki Festival. I admit I was a little bit afraid of what might come out, but as soon as the gig started I was relieved. It was a great gig!

The concert started with 15-20 min. retrospective of Yoko's earlier works and installations. After that Yoko, Thurston and maybe the best finnish drummer Tomi Leppänen (Circle, Pharaoh Overlord, Aavikko, KXP, etc.) came on stage. The first song was "It Happened" and then they played "Why", "Will I" and one long improvisational piece. Then Thurston played two songs solo (Schizophrenia, Frank O'Hara Hit) and after that Yoko returned with Tomi Leppänen. Then they played "Rising" and "Don't Worry, Kyoko".

Acoustic version of Schizophrenia worked also well, but Frank O'Hara with just Thurston on guitar and vocals was quite crappy. But over all, it was great concert!
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
A little detail about this concert that I´ve just heard from the radio: Thurston weared Save Radio Helsinki t-shirt!

To those who know very little about Finland, Radio Helsinki is the only channel, where speakers can play the music they want and also they have something else inside their heads as sawdust. And this channel is qoing to end, because it doesn´t make profit!

There has been writings about how uncool Thurston is nowdays. I don´t care is he uncool or not, but I think it´s very great he weared that t-shirt. I think there are lots of artists, who don´t care about little countries small radio stations, also who don´t want to wear any advertise t-shirts.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth