Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page EJSTNS in hi-res digital
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.11.2018, 04:06 PM   #1
mattiaslarsson
empty page

mattiaslarsson has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hi,
when the SY's Geffen catalogue was remastered and reissued on vinyl a few years ago the albums were also made available as hi-res downloads from HDtracks, Acoustic Sounds, etc. However, it seems that Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star is not available as a hi-res download. Does anyone know why?

Second (related) question: Is the digital download that comes with the EJSTNS vinyl album the same remaster as the vinyl? And is it only MP3 or also FLAC?

Mattias
mattiaslarsson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 04:43 PM   #2
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
I know it's been said that the EJSTNS sessions accidentally recorded over the masters for Sister, and you can hear some of that bleed through if you listen closely enough at high volume? I have not taken the time to listen for myself though. (Not really sure where you hear this exactly).

Not sure if that really matters, or if I am talking out of my ass with bad memory, but that might be part of the answer?
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2018, 07:39 PM   #3
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
[...] that might be part of the answer?

I doubt it, as the EJSTANS hi-res was actually announced. It just never materialized.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2018, 11:13 AM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I know it's been said that the EJSTNS sessions accidentally recorded over the masters for Sister, and you can hear some of that bleed through if you listen closely enough at high volume? I have not taken the time to listen for myself though. (Not really sure where you hear this exactly).

Not sure if that really matters, or if I am talking out of my ass with bad memory, but that might be part of the answer?

This is partially true. It was later revealed that while they did record over a copy of the master reels this was intentional and not an accident... part of a funny gag by Thurston and the band. It was not the original Sister master but a 2nd gen copy of the master, because EJST&NS was recorded at Sear Sound the same studio that Sister was recorded at. The bleed thru is apparant when listening to the album at extreme high volume, the space between songs on EJST&NS is where the Sister tracks can be heard faintly.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth