Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.18.2016, 07:03 PM   #761
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Well, looks like NR is FINALLY about to hear TLOP..

louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2016, 07:05 PM   #762
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Unless those people are trolling, of course.
Old 02.18.2016, 07:17 PM   #763
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
No man The Book of David was from like 2012. He dropped an album called The Midnight Life two years ago. I think that only SuchFriends was reppin it here.. I've heard a couple of songs but never the full album. I'm sleeping on his discog big time.

my bad x2.

"Book Of Daniel" was a MF Grimm song (about MF Doom).
Old 02.18.2016, 07:19 PM   #764
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
T2 had some very obvious "buddy comedy" overtones that everyone conveniently forgets about when they talk about the movie. The T1000 was truly terrifying. But the cheeky interplay between "cool dude John Connor" and the "friendly" killer robot from the future had some seriously nauseating qualities to it.

Still, great movie. But The Terminator is not cute at all. It's actually really scary, even now. Things that come at you without stopping are, like, just universally and archtypally horrifying in some really global and primitive way.

That's why IT FOLLOWS was so scary. And that film borrowed a great deal of its menace from the Terminator films. (Man, something as simple as the T1000 breaking into a run was so subtle yet scary that it actually made me contemplate my mortality at the age of 10.)

It Follows was great.

Have you seen The Guest? I don't want to spoil anything, but I will go on record to say that YOU WILL LOVE IT. And everyone that I've said that to, and told them nothing about it, came back and told me "OMG I LOVED IT."
Old 02.18.2016, 07:20 PM   #765
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes Terminator is definitely a horror flick whereas T2 is scifi

I guess I should see T1 again. Y'all are making me interested.
Old 02.18.2016, 07:23 PM   #766
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
my bad x2.

"Book Of Daniel" was a MF Grimm song (about MF Doom).
True I just remembered about that song.

And you just reminded me of DOOM and now I'm sad.
Old 02.18.2016, 09:34 PM   #767
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
yeah, if your interested in TLOP. just sign up to Tidal and cancel after 30 days. pretty sure the album will be available until or within then.

Yeezus was an awesome detour but this album might be a disappointment. shit talking mush mumbling modern rap with atmospherics that stick here and there. otherwise it's a mess and not a good one at that.

Run the Jewels series rule for now. just like they topped Watch the Throne. well, kinda.

I just listened to the whole album, and I like it better than Yeezus.

Run the Jewels has nothing on this or any Kanye record. This album is, yeah, a little loose and sloppy at times, but WE'RE SONIC YOUTH FANS. Loose and sloppy is fine.

Actually you mention how FML sounds like 70s punk or whatever. I was just thinking today that the tail end sounds almost like Sonic Youth!! I don't know who's being sampled, but it's Fucking ass kicking, and FML is a glorious song.

Real Friends
Famous
FML
NMPILA
30 Hours
Wolves
Feedback
Fade
Ultralight Beam

These songs, all of them, rank with the best work Kanye's ever done. There's more scorchers on this album than on any Ye album except for MBDTF. I think these are all 5/5 songs, and for once in my life I'm so glad Pitchfork wrote a praising review.

Highlights is dope as hell too. So is Waves.

This album may be sloppy and not what we're used to, and as an album its concept is a little all over the place, but the gospel shit holds the thread. Whatever it lacks as an album it makes up for by having individual songs that are among his best ever.

Ain't no mumbling! Yeah Ty$ does some mumbling, but I like it. Ye doesn't mumble. Sounds nothing like anything else out there, thank you very much.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2016, 09:37 PM   #768
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"30 hours" and "Real Friends" are haunting. "FML" gets all 70's synth punk at the end. it's my favorite song.

the rest is so sos.

Ugh. Yeah, "Ultralight Beam" is totally "so so" ... Not like it has the best verse of the year on it or anything. Were you sleeping during "Fade"? Why you hatin?
Old 02.18.2016, 09:39 PM   #769
louder
invito al cielo

You know, I feel bad for the people who actually love this album (e.g. Sev..) because I'm sure they're already used to hear this album a certain way and the little tweaks Kanye might add would ruin it for them..
Old 02.18.2016, 09:40 PM   #770
Severian
invito al cielo

I don't get how any human being could listen to Ultralight Beam and go "meh, boring" ... Do you just hate soulful music? Don't like the fact that Kanye had help? Well, sucks for you. I want that shit playing at my funeral.
Old 02.18.2016, 09:46 PM   #771
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
You know, I feel bad for the people who actually love this album (e.g. Sev..) because I'm sure they're already used to hear this album a certain way and the little tweaks Kanye might add would ruin it for them..

That's why I have the album as it is. And that's why I will buy the album when it comes out on iTunes or physical cd or whatever. Any version that drops, I'll have it. It will be impossible to ruin it for me.

I listen to so much hip hop and so much of it sounds exactly like vanilla pudding. Anything Ye drops is totally welcome to my ears, because it makes the rest of that shit look like interchangeable cookie cutter bullshit. Plus Kanye would have to do a lot more than release one album that I want crazy about for my opinion of him to change. I wasn't crazy about most of his shit at first.
Old 02.18.2016, 09:48 PM   #772
Severian
invito al cielo

Everyone just like it already!! God damn man! Or at least admit that your feelings about it might change. Hell, my feelings might change.
Old 02.18.2016, 09:50 PM   #773
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, looks like NR is FINALLY about to hear TLOP..

Wait man, that's from Feb. 15.

It's Feb 18.

???
Old 02.18.2016, 09:55 PM   #774
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
maybe people have heard better!!! don't mock me or anyone else with your Kanye love!!

How exactly does one mock someone else with their love?
I'm not shitting in your cereal dawg, I'm just saying I don't get it. Ok, so you've heard better. I still just don't understand how anyone could not have an emotional response to that song. Even if it (gasp) wasn't the best song they'd ever heard.

Ain't my favorite song ever. That would probably be something by SY or "Good morning Captain" or some shit. But it still gives me the bubbles in my tummy.
Old 02.18.2016, 10:00 PM   #775
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wait man, that's from Feb. 15.

It's Feb 18.

???
True just noticed.. but the other guy said Thursday. Either way I'm starting to believe it won't happen.
Old 02.18.2016, 10:13 PM   #776
Severian
invito al cielo

A really well written review from hotnewhiphop. I like it. Not just because it's glowing, like all other reviews I've read, but because it addresses some of the things folks are complaining about.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/review-k...ews.20229.html

Some really good points are made here. About a lot of the shit we've been talking about.

And it's help me come to the conclusion that resenting an album for not sounding like "the old Kanye" is absurd. It's like resenting the human beings from not being cavemen. Did we acquire a whole shit ton of flaws in our evolution? Sure. But we also grew exponentially and became more complex.

Who the fuck resents an artist for NOT just repeating himself? giving people what he's sure they want? For not doing the same thing over and over again until whatever good he did loses all meaning?

I'm glad this album is controversial (at least among folks in the cafe). If it wasn't, then I'd be worried.
Old 02.18.2016, 10:16 PM   #777
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i just think you need to calm down and take the Kanye notch down a level.

you are kinda mocking and don't even realize it because you are a spazz.

mocking in "we don't love the album" like you love it but, maybe some of us just like it.

Yes I am a spazz. Ok. Again I'm glad you like some of it at least.

But man I'd love to have someone here who also loved it.

Not trying to mock. I'm just... well, a spazz. So we've been over that. Yes.
Old 02.18.2016, 10:29 PM   #778
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
then be proud of being a spazz and stop trying to convince others to liking the record when they really don't you critic you because that's what yr trying to do.

if you want to hear the album you can. stop being an asshole.

I'm fine with being a spazz. But I'm not ok with being an asshole.
Damn man. Now I feel bad.
Old 02.18.2016, 10:33 PM   #779
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
or you can listen to Future and Young Thug which will bore you to no end.

you want trap? trap is over. move along. where is Rob instigator? he's late.

eat mushrooms to Gucci Mane back in 2004. you'll catch lots of fish.

I don't want trap. I don't want Gucci or mushrooms or trap. I just feel like someone should be speaking up for the record, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't heard it yet. If all they have to go on is negative shit, it's going to make it more likely that they hear the negative.

But geez man, I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure you know I'm not trying to be an asshole. Just like I know you're not trying to be an asshole by calling the album mumbly and generic. Just speaking my mind. Nothing personal.

Like I said, if there wasn't some controversy I'd be really freaked out.
Old 02.18.2016, 10:56 PM   #780
noisereductions
invito al cielo

can I switch gears for a second

have y'all heard this new A$AP Mob song: https://soundcloud.com/awgeshit/aap-...ds-never-worry
363738 39 4041424989139 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth