Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Spice Girls
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.24.2007, 10:14 PM   #61
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
Wait.
I think I saw Jim wearing an Spice Girls' shirt once.
Old 08.24.2007, 10:15 PM   #62
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Yr a willful fan of those femmes...respectable to a very small extent.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 10:18 PM   #63
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I'm sorry...I have never met a real spice-girl fan...this isn't a joke? suk for honesty on yr chest?

Old 08.24.2007, 10:43 PM   #64
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I don't suk for anything.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2007, 10:47 PM   #65
lovesonicevol
children of satan

me neither...this is as far as I'm going with this thread.

Old 08.24.2007, 11:03 PM   #66
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
are you talking to me?
Old 08.24.2007, 11:09 PM   #67
Groove(Y)
empty page

Groove(Y) ain't too shabby
it seems so.

Groove(Y) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 12:39 AM   #68
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
I love the Spice Girls and want to have their babies............
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 12:52 AM   #69
total-trash
children of satan

total-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's assestotal-trash kicks all y'all's asses
i really liked them when i was in 3rd and fourth grade. it'd be fun to see them on tour now, but quite frankly i'd probably hate myself and regret it the minute i'd buy tickets.
total-trash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 01:33 AM   #70
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
TLC was and always will be better.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 03:14 AM   #71
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
To be honest, I was a 90s kid, and I didn't like the Spice Girls... at all. I was listening to KISS [which is, hilariously, just as big a marketting piece of shit as the Spice Girls] from the time I was like, 6 until I discovered better music.
I do ackowledge their presence in my youth, as does anyone of the time period. As to whether or not yr in any position to judge the music of the Spice Girls... care to explain why you aren't??? Of course you are, otherwise, you are apparently living under yr own fascist rule.
To summarize*, of course they were an "important" part of youth culture throughout the 1990's, but that in no way justifies saying they are somehow worth praise or... fuck it, a reunion tour. It's hogwash, and even amongst the people that are going to see any Spice Girls reunion crap (probably teenage girls and the like) it is still about maintaining some hip irony status... seriously. Irony is hip everywhere, not just in the independent music world. Nobody actually cares to see or hear it, they just want to be able to say they have seen or hear it, because that, in this backward-ass society, is totally rad.
And of course, the finale to all my rants and raves, a relation to Nazism and fascism! Nazism was all the rage back in the 30s and so, yet we don't look back on that and say, "Hm, maybe we should give it another shot, some people had fun back then!" **

*summarize my ass! it's longer than the rest of this crap!
**this last bit is kind of a joke... don't take it seriously...

That's all well and good, but I'm afraid your assumption that all fans of teeny-bop pop have some sort of self-conscious irony thing going on just aint true. A catchy song is a catchy song. Why do you think that stuff is so popular in the first place? Because it's catchy. I like catchy. I'm sorry that you have to go through life being such a miserable fuck.

Kiss are awesome, by the way. (no irony)
Old 08.25.2007, 03:16 AM   #72
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
cunt the fuck off.

tragically under-used phrase.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08.25.2007, 06:39 AM   #73
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, anyone who goes to see the spice girls reunion tour i would imagine is probably more likely to be going out of a genuine liking of the spice girls, aside from glice, he's just trying to set the cat amongst the pidgeons, like the bros song that he thinks he likes.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 06:42 AM   #74
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Two words for you: Jail. Bait. Perhaps cat amoungst the pidgeons [sic] is some sort of metaphor for bumming teenagers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2007, 10:46 PM   #75
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
That's all well and good, but I'm afraid your assumption that all fans of teeny-bop pop have some sort of self-conscious irony thing going on just aint true. A catchy song is a catchy song. Why do you think that stuff is so popular in the first place? Because it's catchy. I like catchy. I'm sorry that you have to go through life being such a miserable fuck.

Kiss are awesome, by the way. (no irony)
ç

I looooove catchy songs.

I hate people who are ashamed of liking catchy songs. Ashamed enough not to admit that they like a catchy song.

There are lots of people like that over here.
Old 08.26.2007, 05:49 AM   #76
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I'm well passed having elitist views on music. When I have a party, songs can range from My Chemical Romance all the way to Phillip Glass and Shostakovich and everything else in between. The joy of music is discovering something new and exciting, now of course it would be stupid not to acknowledge certain artistic and asthetic prejudces but the less of these you have the better.

K-Krack the reason I say "i'm not in position to judge" is because whether it is good on any level is irrelevant to me. When I listen to it im immediately drawn back to a really great time in my life. The Spice Girls had a huge cultural impact, if you are of a certain age the music makes you re-live that time and place and that goes beyond all the hip, ironic and elitist reasons people may think. Every kid usually has some music to which he has a certain degree of nostagia and why is the Spice Girls any different? The reason is because The Spice Girls are a real unifier. They defined an age. Now this probebly meant a lot more to you if you were between the ages of 8-13. People forget how great it was to have a band that was your band, not something your parents liked or something you picked up from your older brother. These wer the days before we understood youth orientated marketing so it was as real as anything else. If I was a little older perhaps I would have wished the whole annoying fad away and spent to hours instead up in my room listening to OK Computer and A Thousand Leaves.
Old 08.27.2007, 09:05 AM   #77
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

exactly.
i even have their dolls

SHAJHJA
Old 08.27.2007, 09:17 AM   #78
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
When I have a party, songs can range from My Chemical Romance all the way to Phillip Glass and Shostakovich.
Haha. Bet those last two get the party jumping.
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2007, 09:32 AM   #79
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
The Spice Girls had a huge cultural impact, if you are of a certain age the music makes you re-live that time and place and that goes beyond all the hip, ironic and elitist reasons people may think. Every kid usually has some music to which he has a certain degree of nostagia and why is the Spice Girls any different? The reason is because The Spice Girls are a real unifier. They defined an age. Now this probebly meant a lot more to you if you were between the ages of 8-13. People forget how great it was to have a band that was your band, not something your parents liked or something you picked up from your older brother. These wer the days before we understood youth orientated marketing so it was as real as anything else. If I was a little older perhaps I would have wished the whole annoying fad away and spent to hours instead up in my room listening to OK Computer and A Thousand Leaves.

This is a superb point. And, at the time of the Spice Girls, I was in that awkward 'I want real music' phase of teenhood and, strangely enough, sat in my room listening to Ok Computer and A Thousand Leaves. Some of the music from that period I was wrong to overlook, methinks. I wouldn't include the Spice Girls in that, but that's probably a personal thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2007, 04:50 AM   #80
sarramkrop

Anyone who seriously thinks that the Spice Girls were truly influential or 'created' attitudes in the music business needs to get their head checked, and as soon as possible too. They perhaps incremented the amount of shit that this world has to bear on its shoulders, but that shit was around before they creeped out. It's just a case of them getting luckier than most with their wrong doings. Sorry, but you've got to draw a line somewhere or the silliness goes on and on.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth