Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth @ State-X New Forms 15-12-2006, The Hague, Netherlands
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.15.2006, 12:26 PM   #61
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
id like to go to the backstage.

quick, give me a mask of one of their friends.

i went to the melkweg backstage yesterday and its fucking funny, the iron was chained so that the bands dont steal it. i went to the storage room but could not find any traces of mudhoney
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:47 PM   #62
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
they better play teenage riot or there will be trouble.

does anyone know when their soundcheck is? in melkweg you could just walk in and no one cares
Old 12.15.2006, 12:55 PM   #63
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
please please please let them please play shaking hell tonight. please?

Hey I really hope that they play it for you Peter... you so deserve to hear it.

It was the best thing about the disappointing first set at ATP.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 01:10 PM   #64
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

request, the diamond sea
Old 12.15.2006, 10:26 PM   #65
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
Hey I really hope that they play it for you Peter... you so deserve to hear it.

It was the best thing about the disappointing first set at ATP.

thanks so much for hoping! they played it! i was so happy when thurston walked over to the other side of the stage to pick up mark's bass for the second time...

setlist was something like this (probably out of order from the 3rd song and onwards):

candle
reena
incinerate
what a waste
mote
do you believe in rapture?
turquoise boy
world looks red
jams run free
rats
pink steam
or
-----
the neutral
shaking hell

so all of rather ripped except for lights out and sleeping around and then candle, mote, world looks red and shaking hell.
i liked them much better than at atp (saturday show), probably also because i was up front this time... and they did shaking hell! finally!
sadly i still don't like rather ripped though and seeing the songs live didn't really change anything to that. but pink steam and jams run free work out pretty well on stage.

dream/aktion unit (flaherty/corsano/yeh/moore/heyner line-up) were pretty great as well, but didn't blew me away like two years ago at atp... probably seeing flaherty/corsano/yeh trio 3 times in the last week (atp/london/rotterdam) took off a bit of the amazingness as well... but i guess i've just been really really spoilt during the past 2 weeks. having said that, whoever decided for that last minute change to switch dream/aktion unit from playing at 2am to midnight is an idiot... because now they were clashing with my cat is an alien and i was really looking forward to seeing them again after their amazing performance at atp.

nnck were terribly awesome once again as well. can't ever see enough of them.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 10:43 PM   #66
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
two short video clips from tonight's dream/aktion unit performance:
http://download.yousendit.com/4BEB101D1F99B842
http://download.yousendit.com/11AAE3E66E492773

i have a bit of a crappy camera, so sound and picture quality are a bit crappy too.
Old 12.15.2006, 11:31 PM   #67
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
thanks so much for hoping! they played it! i was so happy when thurston walked over to the other side of the stage to pick up mark's bass for the second time...

setlist was something like this (probably out of order from the 3rd song and onwards):

candle
reena
incinerate
what a waste
mote
do you believe in rapture?
turquoise boy
world looks red
jams run free
rats
pink steam
or
-----
the neutral
shaking hell

so all of rather ripped except for lights out and sleeping around and then candle, mote, world looks red and shaking hell.
i liked them much better than at atp (saturday show), probably also because i was up front this time... and they did shaking hell! finally!
sadly i still don't like rather ripped though and seeing the songs live didn't really change anything to that. but pink steam and jams run free work out pretty well on stage.

dream/aktion unit (flaherty/corsano/yeh/moore/heyner line-up) were pretty great as well, but didn't blew me away like two years ago at atp... probably seeing flaherty/corsano/yeh trio 3 times in the last week (atp/london/rotterdam) took off a bit of the amazingness as well... but i guess i've just been really really spoilt during the past 2 weeks. having said that, whoever decided for that last minute change to switch dream/aktion unit from playing at 2am to midnight is an idiot... because now they were clashing with my cat is an alien and i was really looking forward to seeing them again after their amazing performance at atp.

nnck were terribly awesome once again as well. can't ever see enough of them.

sonic youth stopped 10-15min too early if you compared it to the schedule... i quess thursten had to run to the other stage

but hey, they played mote!!! that rocked...

one last thing: why is the dutch crowd always talking? always? learn to shut the fuck up...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 11:43 PM   #68
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

yeah, there was lots of talking tonight... pretty annoying. i really noticed it during the more quiet parts of dream/aktion unit and mono. it seems the later it gets the more people start talking... also, talking's pretty much part of festivals i'm affraid.
Old 12.16.2006, 02:56 AM   #69
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Was there a frontstage and did you saw Tokolosh and crew videotaping the Sonics and the Unit?

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 06:13 AM   #70
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
We've got the whole of Sonic Youth's show on two cameras. Left and right balcony. It's a nice venue with great vantage points. Thurston's first words after Candle were "Good evening ladies and germs".
The set was shorter than planned, and there were a couple of irritating groupies getting on the stage trying to hug and kiss Thurston. He refused their affection and was restled to the ground in the process. He had a good laugh though.
Some guy wiped out terribly, when he dived of the stage and the crowd moved out of the way.
Kim danced her ass off as usual, and I think I saw Coco on the right side of the podium behind the curtains... Not sure though.

First time I've seen DAU. They were all great, but Corsano! Wow!
I got the first 40 minute part of DAU, before my tape ran out.
The crowd was very annoying indeed. Talking all the way through the set. Some idiot threw a plastic cup at Thurston for no reason at all. It missed him but people that were standing around were like; WTF?!?

I managed to see:

Masonic Youth: Wierd masked doomers doing some kind of drone noise with a vibrating dildo on a scratch pad.
Danielson: Not my kind of music.
Julie Mittens: Really impressed! They're surely the loadest Dutch band I've ever seen. Thanks for the tip Nefeli.
Sonic Youth: Great show, but I wish they had done some 20 min feedback stuff.
Dream Aktion Unit: My favorite of the evening.
Mono: Brilliant! Bought the 2xLP coloured vinyl after the show.

I missed No Neck Blues Band, My Cat is an Alien. Damn!

The only boardie I met was rappard. Thanks for keeping a nice spot for me to film.

ps: Oh, I think that I saw pokkeherrie in the crowd, and I stood next to king_buzzo on the right side of the stage at DAU. He took a nice photo of Thurstons pedals, which I'm sure he'll post soon.

All in all, it was a great evening except for a few annoying stuckup indie twats.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 06:55 AM   #71
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

We're looking for other people that filmed and want to contribute to the video we'll be making of the SY show. If you're interested, pm me.
Old 12.16.2006, 07:26 AM   #72
sybhs
empty page

sybhs has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Kim danced her ass off as usual
This is the first time I saw Kim dancing like this. Well last show I've seen is already 4 years back, or so, in Paradiso. I cannot remember I saw a show where she danced so much. so: "She's finaly discovered she a..." (dancer)
(I told her so!) Ha finaly she's Kim Pop
It was great to see SY again, they showed they still have it. I was very very exited during the show. As we say in dutch: "het was kikken zonder pilletje".
I didn't hear the talking so much, but then again I stood in the front, just next to the pogoing people.
Did I really play mote? I thought it was another song.
sybhs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 07:41 AM   #73
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I've never seen her dancing like that either, but I was expecting it after seeing all the RR tour photos.
Old 12.16.2006, 09:24 AM   #74
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybhs
Did I really play mote? I thought it was another song.
no, it was mote, and it was fucking nice

i've seen tokolosh with his camera at the aktion gig (nice one though)

and the guy who throwed the cup on stage, didn't aim on thursten but on the lady who told chriss corsano they had to stop, cuz of the schedule... still it's a jerk-off...

i've seen only two songs of mono cause the talking was too much... on top of that, the sound was always - in every room - too loud, you had always some kind of bass drones... very sad... why do you need your earprotecters during a concert like danielson?

and masonic youth was just a laugh...
Old 12.16.2006, 09:26 AM   #75
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh

We're looking for other people that filmed and want to contribute to the video we'll be making of the SY show. If you're interested, pm me.

yep, saw you there. you were on the left balcony standing close to someone i know, no?

anyways, i didnt get my teenage riot, bu pokkeherrie got shaking hell.

where were you guys standing?

i was like next to the right balcony in front of the 2 gothic chicks who kept kissing.

for dream/aktion i was right in front of thurston and took pictures of him with his pedals.
has anyone got those pictures when some 2 blondes go on stage?

im gonna post my crappy pictures later.
Old 12.16.2006, 09:28 AM   #76
EvdWee
100%

at sonic youth i was just standing in the middle of the room, i had a good view...

during aktion i was on the same spot, but managed to go forward during the gig thanks to all the people who couldn't cope with it
Old 12.16.2006, 09:47 AM   #77
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

so you were standing like next to me?
Old 12.16.2006, 09:59 AM   #78
EvdWee
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
so you were standing like next to me?

nah, i meant also in the middle of the room...
Old 12.16.2006, 10:02 AM   #79
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

ahh okay, i found the dream/aktion unit more interesting than sonic.

but i really liked mote.

edit:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B8BCC03527C9D4D6

thurston saying merry christmas, happy hanoeka and such....
Old 12.16.2006, 11:43 AM   #80
tessel
empty page

tessel has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Whooh it was so cool! I really enjoyed this evening. Only a little much of the new CD and a little less of the old stuff. But I really did like the encore!

Bu what a crappy audience. A friend of mine was thrown out the concert because he tried to stagedive, and someone got agressive (I believe that's the guy that Tokolosh told about ) and the bassist from Mono (which was great btw) got beer thrown in her face :S
tessel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth