Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.15.2007, 05:38 AM   #81
sarramkrop

Best thing from Florya yet. Thanks a trillion for both this and the pm.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 11:46 AM   #82
sarramkrop

Kristyl - Selftitled (Very Rare US Psychedelic Rock 1975)

Size: 74.8 MB
Bitrate: 256
mp3
Ripped By: ChrisGoesRock
Artwork Included

Recorded at Allen-Martin Productions Louisville, Kentucky. This is a psych christian rock group Kristyl who released this LP in private pressings of only 200 copies in 1975. The music is reminiscent of Wishbone Ash from the Argus album.

This album is homemade guitar psychedelia from Kentucky. A nice mixture of gentle dreamy passages, heavier acid guitar and wah-wah fuzz along with charmingly teenage vocals.

Highly regarded local Christian 1970s melodic guitar-rock with an open late-1960s westcoast vibe, dual guitars and great organic playing/vocals all around. They have a very distinct sound which makes the tracks seem similar at first, but it opens up after some plays and remains that way. The best tracks such as "Deceptions of the mind" and "Valley of life" are truly monumental. Personal fave, one of the big ones in the style. Great sleeve design - note the drummers t-shirt. Originals were pressed on very thin vinyl, so most copies have slight bowl warps.

Timeless pinnacle of teenage, rural, Christian psychedelia. The consensus seems to be that this is a 1975 recording, but dealers always (accurately) describe it as sounding much earlier. The psychedelic playing on ‘Deceptions of the Mind’ often contrasts with the anti-drugs/sex lyrics: “Alcohol and sex unclean, copping drugs all over the scene/What is it that we need, Lord it’s love and it’s for free”. Kentucky can’t have been an easy place to strike a deal to have this recorded, so maybe they felt they needed to put an anti-drugs message in here and there. The music is consistently wonderful, side 1 in particular, with side 2 ending with the beautiful ‘Morning Glory’. The dual guitars are laden with effects and full of interesting twists and turns. The singing is honest and clear. Not as crazed as Fraction, but in the same league of expressive, sincere musicianship. A beautiful, naïve feeling pervades the whole LP, like they believed anything could happen, the world could change as a result of their sounds. For me, they were right. Why is the drummer wearing a shirt with a hash leaf on it, perhaps it says “hash free zone” underneath? The sleeve art is also top-ten, being a monochrome crudely drawn snake encircling the earth.

This one of these "RARE AS HELL ALBUMS": http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4070187366

01 - Together

02 - Deceptions
03 - Like A Bird
04 - The Valley Of The Light
05 - Woman
06 - Blue Bird Blues
07 - Morning Glory

1. http://sharebee.com/31cde9a4

http://chrisgoes.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 12:57 PM   #83
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, that blog have loads of crap, but there are some good gems too...

thank you sir, it's nice.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 03:12 PM   #84
sarramkrop

Nocturnal Emissions - Live At The ICA

Nigel Ayers : "This was recorded at an event hosted by TV star Max Headroom, where apparently the Pet Shop Boys made their first public performance. I didn't see it, I had enough trouble trying to get on stage to do my act. The security guards were so stupid. "This was Nocturnal Emissions performing as a "proper rock band" though we didn't use guitars at this stage. Caroline K was no longer around. Our Dannywas on theGreengate sampler, Steve Tanza (Bourbonese Qualk) played drums and Fiona Harrold and me did vocals. We also had two circus performers standing on the speakers blowing fire; and a video display. The video display upset a drug-addled NME reporter, apparently because it featured a colourised Desmond Tutu!"
Live At The ICA was released on tape by Sterile Records (SRC9) in 1985.

Tracks :

1. Introduction
2. Hit and Run
3. Street Sounds
4. Revolution Baby
5. Power of Love
6. Never Give Up
7. Dear Marge
8. Sugar Can't Satisfy
9. No Separation
10. Aborigine

(Note : Both sides are recorded identically for continued listening pleasure. Don't fear, I only recorded one side as one track.)

Live At The ICA

http://thethingonthedoorstep.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 04:12 PM   #85
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the Noc's.
Haven't heard this one before.
Looks like a pretty cool blog.

Have you checked out the Club Moral website?
They have their whole back catalog available as free downloads.
There's some great avant/industrial stuff there.
Check it out. http://clubmoralstocklist.podomatic.com/

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2007, 04:49 PM   #86
sarramkrop

Top notch stuff. Thanks, it's hard to keep up with this amount of good stuff. I've listened to the Balance tape and the tracks you mentioned, i didn't know at all. Pure gold.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2007, 02:28 PM   #87
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
In November last year the 'Brainwashed' website/label had a 3 day event.
They also released a 3cd collection of artists connected with the label/site as part of that event.

CD1:
  1. Jack Dangers - A Strange Case of Instrumentation
  2. Dragon or Emperor - Part of Me Says
  3. The One Ensemble - I Am the Brown
  4. Hox - I Am Here
  5. Aranos - Inner Thigh in Buttercup Yellow
  6. Z'EV - 3m 18s brainwashed mix
  7. Wagon Christ - i r pufnstuf
  8. Nadja - Trepidation
  9. Coil - Journey to Avebury
  10. Irr.App.(Ext.) - The Swinging Generation Consumed (theoretically) by Faulty Ecology - and not a moment too soon (with special guest narrator Anne Chambers)
http://rapidshare.com/files/26261704..._CD_1.rar.html

CD2:

1. Throbbing Gristle - Convincing People (Turin 2005)
  2. Colin Potter - Knit Where
  3. Charles Atlas - Grumblebee
  4. Windy & Carl - Seiche
  5. V/Vm - Engulfer
  6. Little Annie - Baby I'll Make You a Man
  7. Sybarite - Walk Don't Run
  8. Amanda Palmer feat. Meredith Yayanos - The Lovers
  9. Thighpaulsandra - Am Smear Challenger
  10. Edward Ka-Spel - Sepia
http://rapidshare.com/files/26352658..._CD_2.rar.html

CD3:

1.Cock ESP - I Lied About Your Band So I Could Drink Beer for Free
2.Michael Wells - Spanish Lessons
3.Jessica Bailiff - Brother La (Twin Scorpio mix)
4.Keith Fullerton Whitman - 20041203.wfmu
5.Gaeoudjiparl van den Dobbelsteen - One of These Creatures
6.Greg Davis - Hand-Held Tamarack
7.Jack Dangers - The Self Enjoy
8.Black Light District - Stoned Circular 3
9.Current 93 - Black Ships Ate the Sky (alternate mix)
10.Troum - Drüsian

http://rapidshare.com/files/26360594...s_CD3.rar.html

Enjoy!

Old 04.16.2007, 07:04 PM   #88
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Ace, thanks. Odd that they would put Dragon or Emperor on there but omit Volcano the Bear. Anyway, the Dragon or Emperor album is really good and would appeal to people who would like the idea of some sort of Pere Ubu/Lightning Bolt hybrid.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 05:27 PM   #89
sarramkrop

http://www.comfortstand.com/catalog/037/

Foreword by Frank M. Young
Joe Meek's story is that of a man who triumphed over obstacles. Whether these obstacles were the repressive, conformist record labels and studios of pre-Beatles Britain, or not being able to sing in key, read music, or play an instrument, the producer/songwriter's apparent motto was "never say never."
As these, er, remarkable songwriting demos show, Meek had a definite ear for a catchy tune. He could also create simple, clever turns of pop-song phrase. Unlike, say, Carole King or Burt Bacharach, Joe couldn't convey his songs in a clean, clear, easy-to-get manner.
He could wail like a banshee, bang on pots and pans, stomp the floorboards and turn up the reverb to 11. Meek did all this, and more, whenever he got the notion to create a new popular song for one of his recording acts.
It was up to his associates with more conventional musical talent--David Adams, Geoff Goddard, arranger Charles Blackwell, and future heavy-metal icon Ritchie Blackmore--to translate Joe's caterwauling into structured, AABA hit material.
Meek can be a winning vocalist, as evinced here by his bouncy-creepy demo of "He's All Mine." His was the talent of just missing the note, sometimes by a hair. What he lacked in accuracy, he made up for--in spades--in over-the-top vocal dramatics. At times, he sounds like a tent-revival preacher about to talk in tongues.
Given Meek's hair-trigger temper, and his increasing tendency to fly into rages, I don't imagine it was any Sunday picnic for Adams, Goddard, et al to be handed off a typical Joe Meek demo. Just getting at what Joe heard in his head, in the first place, would have been a challenge.
Meek was fond of singing along to totally inappropriate backing tracks to other records. Sometimes he'd slow them down, sometimes he'd play them Chipmunk-fast, jamming wrong chord sequences and phrasings over the pre-fab backgrounds he fished out of the chaos at his home studio.
Meek did work with Adams and Goddard, and you can hear him working with Adams on the song "As Time Goes By" here, apparently in a good mood and receptive to his partner's ideas. For every peaceful moment such as this, there may have been 20 Yosemite Sam-esque flipouts. Meek was an unpredictable soul, to say the least.
Though Meek's otherworldly wailings would've never seen release back in the day, to modern ears his vocal stylings are pretty amazing. There is passion in his singing, lots of passion--a hint of madness, a soupcon of pathos and an unmistakable pride and sense of humor.
To enjoy Joe Meek's demos does require a sense of humor, and an appreciation of the absurd. Out of these moans and groans came the likes of "Telstar," a global chart-topper that also made a pre-Beatles hit in the US. A producer of daring, innovation and sometimes surprising grace, Joe Meek the singer was a different beast entirely. To this Mr. Hyde of pop, I respectfully bow my head, tip my hat, and brace myself for the music we are all about to hear. - Frank M. Young

Telstore Answering Machine Message
:19
He's All Mine
2:16
On The Bridge of Avignon/There Must Be
3:10
The First Day I Met You
1:31
Return of the Outlaws (acapella & over backing track "Telstar")
2:48
Untitled (over backing track "Telstar")
1:49
Studio Chat
1:35
Studio Fragments
1:09
No Matter What They Say
:31
Telstar (over backing track "Try Once More")
2:23
Sky Men
2:21
Untitled (over backing "The Big Beat Drum")
1:38
Bing Bang Bong
1:18
Magic Star
1:27
My Baby's Coming Home
1:50
Go On Then
1:27
The Beat of my Heart
1:54
Happy Valley
2:29
I'm Waiting For Tomorrow
1:31
Old Man River/Rockabye/Everybody's Got The Blues
1:47
As Time Goes By
1:59
I Had A Dream
1:15
Paper Boat
2:36
I Had A Dream Last Night
2:58
Piano Instrumental
1:49
Message To Dave And Dee
3:10
slimline

Credits:
01 Joe Meek's Secretary
04 with Geoff Goddard
08 with Geoff Goddard
11 with Geoff Goddard
20 with Dave Adams on Old Man River
20 with Geoff Goddard on Rockabye & Everybody's Got The Blues
21 with Dave Adams
22 with Geoff Goddard
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 05:41 PM   #91
sarramkrop

Doo Rag - Early Singles and Tour Cassette

"Sounds like howling wolf singing out of a cave on mars"

Pretty much sums up the bizarro Junk Yard blues rock sounds of Doo Rag. A Tuscon, Arizona based band that was formed in the early 90's by Bob Log and Thermos Malling. They toured quite extensivly in the early to mid 90's and I was lucky enough to catch them play a number of times. Always mind numbing. Bob with a crazy old resonator guitar with a few old contact mics being run through some archaic PA system...then singing into a funnel connected to a tube that goes through a vintage vacuum cleaner with I'm guessing a mic inside it going

into the PA. Thermos playing a total junk yard drum kit made up of upside down old tin wash bins with empty film reels being smashed on top. And for his kick drum which he would just hit with one arm he always seemed to use a budwiser 24 Bottle cardboard box,,, and it always was a bud case! For added visual effect (if there wasn't enough already) there was a old Oscilliscope with those sweet old tube wave formes boucing to their wild racket.

If you dig scratchy blues coming out of a old 78 player being covered by pussy galore and then stomped on by captain beefheart I seriously recommend these guys.

And I present to you their first 3 singles which really are their best material along side a super rare tour cassette that sounds fantastic. All digitized by me at one of Buenos Aires's finest sound houses. Their 2 full lengths are not too hard to find and a nice porch listen as well.

Download here,
Doo_Rag.zip.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 05:49 PM   #92
sarramkrop

Braen's Machine - Underground (liuto)

1971 Italy

Exploito psych monster rarity. Recorded by Piero Umiliani at the now legendary SOUND-WORK-SHOP studio in January 1971. Release in a very limited (less than 100) library only release on Umiliani's LIUTO label. The original vinyl is practicaly impossible to find, as far as i know there is no reissue. Acid Drenched Fuzz guitar with one funky rhythm section. The drum sound its pretty interesting.

The style is not far from other ghost-groups of the same period, instrumental music that could be used as a film soundtrack, with fuzz guitar and keyboards to the fore, and probably more psych-oriented than others. It's certain that behind the name Braen's Machine hid Umiliani himself and Alessandro Alessandroni, as they appeared with their nicknames Braen and Gisteri as the album tracks composers. The name Braen also appears as composer in the two Pawnshop singles.

Download here,
Braen's_machine.zip.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 06:12 PM   #93
sarramkrop

Pink Floyd / Syd Barrett Song From Demo Tape (MP3)

Here's a 1965 Syd Barrett song recorded as a demo tape with Pink Floyd before they started calling themselves Pink Floyd. It's called Lucy Leave, aka Lucy Lee in Blue Tights: download MP3
From the Pink Floyd hyperbase: Early Barrett song recorded on the first demotape late 1965. The band did not yet have the name Pink Floyd and guitarist Bob Klose was part of the band at the time. The song has not been officially released. The demo version is released with an italian book from 1996.
Thanks Spazz and RSM! RIP, Syd.
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/0...nk_floyd_.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 01:55 AM   #94
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Some cool stuff there Porky!
Thanks.

Old 04.18.2007, 09:33 AM   #95
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
In November last year the 'Brainwashed' website/label had a 3 day event.
They also released a 3cd collection of artists connected with the label/site as part of that event.

CD1:
  1. Jack Dangers - A Strange Case of Instrumentation
  2. Dragon or Emperor - Part of Me Says
  3. The One Ensemble - I Am the Brown
  4. Hox - I Am Here
  5. Aranos - Inner Thigh in Buttercup Yellow
  6. Z'EV - 3m 18s brainwashed mix
  7. Wagon Christ - i r pufnstuf
  8. Nadja - Trepidation
  9. Coil - Journey to Avebury
  10. Irr.App.(Ext.) - The Swinging Generation Consumed (theoretically) by Faulty Ecology - and not a moment too soon (with special guest narrator Anne Chambers)
http://rapidshare.com/files/26261704..._CD_1.rar.html

CD2:

1. Throbbing Gristle - Convincing People (Turin 2005)
  2. Colin Potter - Knit Where
  3. Charles Atlas - Grumblebee
  4. Windy & Carl - Seiche
  5. V/Vm - Engulfer
  6. Little Annie - Baby I'll Make You a Man
  7. Sybarite - Walk Don't Run
  8. Amanda Palmer feat. Meredith Yayanos - The Lovers
  9. Thighpaulsandra - Am Smear Challenger
  10. Edward Ka-Spel - Sepia
http://rapidshare.com/files/26352658..._CD_2.rar.html

CD3:

1.Cock ESP - I Lied About Your Band So I Could Drink Beer for Free
2.Michael Wells - Spanish Lessons
3.Jessica Bailiff - Brother La (Twin Scorpio mix)
4.Keith Fullerton Whitman - 20041203.wfmu
5.Gaeoudjiparl van den Dobbelsteen - One of These Creatures
6.Greg Davis - Hand-Held Tamarack
7.Jack Dangers - The Self Enjoy
8.Black Light District - Stoned Circular 3
9.Current 93 - Black Ships Ate the Sky (alternate mix)
10.Troum - Drüsian

http://rapidshare.com/files/26360594...s_CD3.rar.html

Enjoy!

Many thanks for this. I have a very similar brainwashed compilation with pretty much most of the artists on there, and that was put out a few years ago. Or it was free with The Wire, can't remember. Thanks again.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 04:04 PM   #96
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Many thanks for this. I have a very similar brainwashed compilation with pretty much most of the artists on there, and that was put out a few years ago. Or it was free with The Wire, can't remember. Thanks again.

'Brain in the Wire' perchance?

That's a great comp too.

Do you have many of the 'Wire Tapper' CDs?

Old 04.18.2007, 04:17 PM   #97
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
when there are descriptions of the music on offer in this thread, is it penned by the people who are posting it or not? Id be interested to see what people who post the links think of the music have to say about it, and if you have an idea of what it sounds like or where its influences come from/what it has influenced.
Much appreciation to all who post this stuff by the way, i might get down to more of it than i have but i dont have the time.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 04:46 PM   #98
ondskan
children of satan

ondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Bob Hund - "Ingenting" (nothing). demo, 1992&1993)

True, this is a great record. Got mine signed a few years ago, now i regret that.
ondskan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 12:24 AM   #99
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
when there are descriptions of the music on offer in this thread, is it penned by the people who are posting it or not? Id be interested to see what people who post the links think of the music have to say about it, and if you have an idea of what it sounds like or where its influences come from/what it has influenced.
Much appreciation to all who post this stuff by the way, i might get down to more of it than i have but i dont have the time.

Are there any particular artists that you'd like to know more about?
I'll do my best to give whatever info I have.

Old 04.19.2007, 04:10 AM   #100
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
'Brain in the Wire' perchance?

That's a great comp too.

Do you have many of the 'Wire Tapper' CDs?
That's the one. I have all the Wire Tapper cds that came free with the magazine and a few of the cds that were given to subscribers, i've found in record shops at one point or another.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
55 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth