Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.16.2007, 07:30 AM   #21
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses

New TG Volume 2 : http://rapidshare.com/files/17637099/New_TG_-_Volume_2__ripped_from_original_cassette_recording _.rar

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 07:46 AM   #22
sarramkrop

Shuji Inaba-The Rapture of Being Destroyed
http://citiesonflamewithrockandroll.blogspot.com/

2004 Japanese Outsider Folk

This is one for the people who like Kan Mikami and Kazuki Tomokawa

but this guy seems to be less known

Shuji Inaba is a Japanese avant-folk singer and guitarist who hasn't reached the same level of documentation as peers like Kan Mikami and Kazuki Tomokawa. No 13 CD box set for Shuji yet! And some might find the prospect of such a box set quite frightening -- a single disc of his raw acoustic guitar playing and whisper-scream vocalizations will be more than enough for a lot of folks. Others will find Inaba's Rapture Of Being Destroyed to be a harrowing yet compelling listen. With some tracks filled with stark outbursts from silence and others more 'song' like, this is a great record recommended for those who already dig the likes of Dead Raven Choir and the aforementioned Kan Mikami. This Last Visible Dog cd release comes with Inaba's poetic lyrics translated into English by Alan Cummings." -- Aquarius. Shuji has appeared on PSF records and has two releases on Planktone records. Similar to Kan Mikami and Kazuki Tomokawa. This CD includes a lyric sheet with translations by Alan Cummings.

"Before a small audience in the Five Pennies club in Tottori, west Japan, Shuji Inaba performs his first song, "To A Corpse", in a whisper verging on the inaudible. It's something like a shamanic prayer to wreathe his listeners in trance. An explosion of raw acoustic guitar heralds the onset of next, called "Modern Terrorism". The shaman offers his audience a journey: "Let's fly together to the dark side of the moon / A gaudy name for our epitaph." Inaba's delivery is dramatic in the extreme, as he gulps and gasps, his voice overwhelmed in emotion. The antithesis of a cool, know-it-all singer-songwriter, his Japanese antecedents would include the stylised chanting of medieval epics over the violently struck biwa lute, or the lectern-thumping passion of the Gidayu narrator in Bunraku puppet plays.

By his third song, Inaba is prepared to settle down into a recognisable song form, with metre and verses. This is a lament for the destruction of Hiroshima, a political ballad with clear kinship to the tragic Enka love songs beloved of Japanese karaoke bars. After this relatively restrained interlude, he follows his Hiroshima theme into "Uranium 235", a terrifying raw vision of people running amok to escape the return of the Enola Gay atom bomb. Thrashing his guitar, his vocal reduced on occasion to panic-stricken gibbering, Inaba is determined to put his listeners right through the experience.

Inaba comes fro Shimane, near Hiroshima, and lines up with Kan Mikami and Keiji Haino as a performer prowling the very edges of what is possible given a voice, a guitar and an audience. This is a verité recording of a club show, complete with long gabs between songs. The lyrics are provided in an English translation by Alan Cummings. The most effective track may be the exhausted ballad that follows in the wake of the harrowing "Uranium 235". "Let's play, let's be played with" -- Inaba is grappling with the dark side, maybe not of the moon, but of cute Japan."

Go Download It!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 10:21 AM   #23
SonicSam
children of satan

SonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's asses
Cheers for that no core comp - 2nd side is killer!

SonicSam is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 11:38 AM   #24
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Has anyone got Guitarrorists (Number Six Records, 1991)? Will you link it, please?

I only have it on an aged cassette from FM radio when WUOG in Athens played the album back in the day.

I could buy a used copy, sure, but I can also just solicit for a download, right?

Atari, oh man what timing the Guitarrorists dowload just showed up in a blog that is either on or linked to www.mutant-sounds.blogspot.com as i remember seeing it in my searches lastnite...

right now i can't locate the exact blog maybe someone else can, because on my work computer "blog" sites are locked out and can't be viewed... otherwsie i'll update you later when i get home.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 11:40 AM   #25
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Shuji Inaba-The Rapture of Being Destroyed
http://citiesonflamewithrockandroll.blogspot.com/

2004 Japanese Outsider Folk

This is one for the people who like Kan Mikami and Kazuki Tomokawa

but this guy seems to be less known

Shuji Inaba is a Japanese avant-folk singer and guitarist who hasn't reached the same level of documentation as peers like Kan Mikami and Kazuki Tomokawa. No 13 CD box set for Shuji yet! And some might find the prospect of such a box set quite frightening -- a single disc of his raw acoustic guitar playing and whisper-scream vocalizations will be more than enough for a lot of folks. Others will find Inaba's Rapture Of Being Destroyed to be a harrowing yet compelling listen. With some tracks filled with stark outbursts from silence and others more 'song' like, this is a great record recommended for those who already dig the likes of Dead Raven Choir and the aforementioned Kan Mikami. This Last Visible Dog cd release comes with Inaba's poetic lyrics translated into English by Alan Cummings." -- Aquarius. Shuji has appeared on PSF records and has two releases on Planktone records. Similar to Kan Mikami and Kazuki Tomokawa. This CD includes a lyric sheet with translations by Alan Cummings.

"Before a small audience in the Five Pennies club in Tottori, west Japan, Shuji Inaba performs his first song, "To A Corpse", in a whisper verging on the inaudible. It's something like a shamanic prayer to wreathe his listeners in trance. An explosion of raw acoustic guitar heralds the onset of next, called "Modern Terrorism". The shaman offers his audience a journey: "Let's fly together to the dark side of the moon / A gaudy name for our epitaph." Inaba's delivery is dramatic in the extreme, as he gulps and gasps, his voice overwhelmed in emotion. The antithesis of a cool, know-it-all singer-songwriter, his Japanese antecedents would include the stylised chanting of medieval epics over the violently struck biwa lute, or the lectern-thumping passion of the Gidayu narrator in Bunraku puppet plays.

By his third song, Inaba is prepared to settle down into a recognisable song form, with metre and verses. This is a lament for the destruction of Hiroshima, a political ballad with clear kinship to the tragic Enka love songs beloved of Japanese karaoke bars. After this relatively restrained interlude, he follows his Hiroshima theme into "Uranium 235", a terrifying raw vision of people running amok to escape the return of the Enola Gay atom bomb. Thrashing his guitar, his vocal reduced on occasion to panic-stricken gibbering, Inaba is determined to put his listeners right through the experience.

Inaba comes fro Shimane, near Hiroshima, and lines up with Kan Mikami and Keiji Haino as a performer prowling the very edges of what is possible given a voice, a guitar and an audience. This is a verité recording of a club show, complete with long gabs between songs. The lyrics are provided in an English translation by Alan Cummings. The most effective track may be the exhausted ballad that follows in the wake of the harrowing "Uranium 235". "Let's play, let's be played with" -- Inaba is grappling with the dark side, maybe not of the moon, but of cute Japan."

Go Download It!

btw, i think that this is a killer recording...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 05:55 PM   #26
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses

For Bytor:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21385673/TG_-_IRC_14_-_Industrial_Training_College__Wakefield._1_July_19 78.rar.html

Old 03.16.2007, 06:11 PM   #27
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Atari, oh man what timing the Guitarrorists dowload just showed up in a blog that is either on or linked to www.mutant-sounds.blogspot.com as i remember seeing it in my searches lastnite...

right now i can't locate the exact blog maybe someone else can, because on my work computer "blog" sites are locked out and can't be viewed... otherwsie i'll update you later when i get home.

thanks, please do...I looked...but to not avail just yet
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 06:24 PM   #28
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Nevermind...i found it...2nd google attempt to the rescue...

http://www.megashitload/lamers/link is outta here...you had yr chance & blew it.com

Guitarrorists (1991)
1. Sonic Boom - Overture [Spacemen 3] (1:54)
2. Kurt Ralske - Tar, Iodine, Blood + Rust [Ultra Vivid Scene] (2:40)
3. Kathy Korniloff - I Really Can't Say [Two Nice Girls] (2:59)
4. Jeffrey Evans - Longwood Mansion [Gibson Brothers] (1:46)
5. Wayne Coyne - I Want to Kill My Brother: The Cymbal Head [Flaming Lips] (3:36)
6. J Mascis - A Little Ethnic Song [Dinosaur Jr.] (2:58)
7. Dean Wareham - West Broadway [Galaxie 500] (2:38)
8. Mark E. Robinson - Guitarrorists Theme [Unrest] (1:44)
9. Marc Gentry - Mariposa [Rein Sanction] (2:43)
10. Dave Rick - Where's Gitchi Oombigat At? [King Missile] (4:01)
11. Kat Bjelland - Bruise Violet [Babes in Toyland] (3:12)
12. Thurston Moore - Blues for Spacegirl [Sonic Youth] (4:51)
13. Helios Creed - Green Volcano [Chrome] (1:37)
14. Tom Hazelmeyer - Guitar Wank-Off #13 [Halo of Flies] (3:16)
15. Paul Leary - Fillipé Mepelpeepe [Butthole Surfers] (3:19)
16. Nick Salomon - Dark Field [Bevis Frond] (3:00)
17. Don Fleming - Sound as Steel [Gumball] (1:08)
18. Kim Gordon - Kitten [Sonic Youth] (1:43)
19. Nikki Sudden - Cat's Cradle (3:26)
20. Kramer - Ovulation Always Brings Me Down [Bongwater] (2:23)
21. Neil Haggerty - Fallen off the Rocks [Royal Trux] (4:03)
22. Wayne Rogers - Hoichi the Earless [Crystalized Movements] (3:28)
23. Rick McCollum - Spider Plum [Afghan Whigs] (4:18)
24. Marcy Mays - Always Late [Scrawl] (1:06)
25. Lee Ranaldo - Here [Sonic Youth] (5:27)
26. Steve Albini - Nutty About Lemurs [Big Black] (1:43)

don't bother copying and pasting this section above^. The blogger had many errors and misspellings which I corrected.

Password: screwed_the_pooch

The link was from a blog & is expired now or I have otherwise removed it. It's up to you to find it now and find out for yourself which is the case.
Old 03.16.2007, 09:09 PM   #29
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Bob Hund - "Ingenting" (nothing). demo, 1992&1993)

My favorite band besides SY, they are amazing live but since they sing in swedish, they don't see much exposure outside of scandinavia. THis was released on vinyl in 2002 (1003 copies) to celebrate the band's 10th anniversary, and also free on their website in four (4!) different audio file types if you go here. Also, directly cut-and-pasted links from their site ("ladda ner" = download):

--------------------------
1. Hippodromen Ladda ner 2. Kompromissen Ladda ner 3. Allt på ett kort Ladda ner 4. Den ensamme sjömannens födelsedag Ladda ner 5. Ett ja som låter som ett nej Ladda ner 6. Jacques Costeau Ladda ner 7. Telefonsamtal till mor Ladda ner 8. Vem vill bliva stor Ladda ner 9. Tack och godnatt Ladda ner
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 09:14 PM   #30
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I've got a request if anyone has got it. I really want to get the Ramsey Lewis album Mother Nature's Son which is all wacked out moog covers of songs from the White Album. It's never been released in the U.S. on cd, though it was in Japan. The import is like $50-100 or more!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 09:32 PM   #31
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
anyone interested in the why are we here 7" comp on no core?

it's considered to be the companion to no core and it includes the excellent stillborn christians, along with corrosion of conformity, no labels and bloodmobile.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 12:02 AM   #32
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Erotic Pacman

Thanks. Tried downloading it and had some sort of error, so I'll have a go again later.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 12:08 AM   #33
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
okay, i'm going to clean that patti smith bootleg i was talking about (because it has some weird silvery shit all over one side and i don't know what it is) and figure out how to record LPs to the computer and i'll post it in here.
Old 03.17.2007, 01:36 AM   #34
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
found these though (the T.G. is in the Feb archive)

I know - I put it there.

Old 03.17.2007, 02:37 AM   #35
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
okay, i'm going to clean that patti smith bootleg i was talking about (because it has some weird silvery shit all over one side and i don't know what it is) and figure out how to record LPs to the computer and i'll post it in here.
forget it. not happening.
Old 03.17.2007, 05:25 AM   #36
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

SPK - THE LAST ATTEMPT AT PARADISE

Cover artwork is included in the file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/21443254...adise.rar.html

Old 03.17.2007, 09:26 AM   #37
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
Old 03.17.2007, 10:16 AM   #38
Signpost
stalker

Signpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's asses
Cool thread!
Now here's something from me:

Witold Lutoslawski - Trois Poèmes D'Henri Michaux
(1966, Wergo WER 60019 LP.)

Side 1

01 Trois Poèmes D'Henri Michaux (für Chor und Orchester)
i. Pensées ii. Le Grand Combat iii. Repos dans le Malheur

Side 2

02 Postludium (für Orchester)
03 Streichquartett (für Orchester)

http://rapidshare.com/files/20876445...oemes.rar.html
Old 03.17.2007, 10:41 AM   #39
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Jim O'Rourke - Muni / Michel Piccoli

Label: Table Of The Elements
Catalog #: N 7
Format: 7" / White Vinyl
Realease Year: 1993

Notes: Ltd. edition of less than 1000.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hawnd7

* I don't have my own photos of the vinyl, but you can see some at discogs.com
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 05:27 PM   #40
sarramkrop

Anti Social - Battle Scarred Skinheads!

March 15th, 2007

REPOST FROM SKAFUNKRASTAPUNK.COM
Blackpool four piece Anti Social formed in 1981 under the name Hate Of The City and first contained six members.A name change to Anti Social ( after the Skrewdriver song which was a fav of Daz) and the shedding of two members saw the band change and start writting more hardcore oi! music in the punk scene.lack of press and a decline in the Oi! scene forced the band to split in 1983. Daz went on to form Skin Up and the other members went on to join into other punk bands.
Tracks:

1. Too Many People
2. Let’s Have Some Fun
3. Backstreet Boys
4. Your Choice
5. New Punks
6. Screw U
7. Battle Scarred Skinheads
8. Official Hooligan
9. Sewer Rat
10. What Have We Got
11. Bollocks