Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Chi Cheng's family says say spread your love with your prayers for his car accident
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.08.2008, 03:07 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Good Deed of the Day
Hi,

I spoke to Chi's mother this morning, the Neurosurgeon treating Chi says the first 72 hours are critical, and as of now he is fighting the good fight and the doctors remain optimistic. We are seeing your prayers in action. The family asks that all the prayer warriors out there to continue to pray for Chi, and keep sending out your positive energy!

Today's good deed for Chi is to call someone you love, remind them of that love by saying "I love you," and like yesterday remind them to buckle up.

abe
nov7

Chi Cheng Update
Hello Everyone,

I am back from up North visiting our brother Cheng. His condition remains the same - serious, but stable. We, along with the entire Cheng family, would like to extend our gratitude to everyone that's said a prayer or sent out their positive thoughts to Chi. Your support means more than you know.

During his recovery process, Chi's mother has asked that each day we spread a little bit of good in his name. So each day Deftones will be posting what you can do to help Chi recover. Today, she has asked that you all remember to buckle your seat belts, and remind those you love to buckle up. By doing something so little in his name, you will be helping him find the strength to recover.

Thank you, and please check back daily.

-chino
nov 6 Chi
Hello everyone,

It deeply saddens me to inform you all that our brother Chi Cheng was involved in a terrible car accident last night. He is currently in a Northern California Hospital in serious, but stable condition. I am on my way up North right now to be by his side along with the rest of our band mates and family. Chi is one of the strongest people I know, and I'm praying that his strength will get him through this. Please say a prayer for him as well.

-chino.
nov 4

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
That's horrible. I hope the guy pulls through, Deftones are badass.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2008, 04:53 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I believe that is what is expected now.

Old 11.08.2008, 10:59 PM   #4
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i fucking hope he pulls through.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 01:09 AM   #5
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Can't say I'm 100% down with the prayer thing, but I certainly hope he makes it...

Deftones' last record, Saturday Night Wrist, was awesome.
Old 11.12.2008, 12:36 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Can't say I'm 100% down with the prayer thing, but I certainly hope he makes it...

Deftones' last record, Saturday Night Wrist, was awesome.

that was why his family and friends asked for people to spread love, not just prayer, cuz we all believe in love.

Chi Update 11/11/08
Hello Everyone,

Chi's condition remains stable and doctors continue to remain positive about his recovery. They anticipate Chi waking from his coma sometime in the very near future.

As some of you know, Chi is also a poet and released a spoken word CD, The Bamboo Parachute. A portion of the proceeds are donated to help homeless children as well as WEAVE (Women Escaping A Violent Environment). Because of this, today's assignment is to please go through your house, as well as your clothes and donate anything you aren't using to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army, Women's shelter, or homeless shelter.

Please continue to heal Chi through your prayer and love. Remember to spread kindness and love to the world around you, and please stay safe and buckle up.

A suggestion for you: If any of you want to keep a journal of good deeds as well as the good around you, please do so. You can post these on the blogs or share them with Chi when he wakes up. These journals will help him through his rehabilitation.

"Adversity introduces a man to himself."

I will continue to tell you about this good man daily.

With our love,
Jeanne

P.S. Oprah, I have an assignment for you: please call!

Chi Update 11/10/08 (UPDATED!!)
As you can see from last night's additional update, Chi is showing definite signs of improvement. His father expects when he fully awakes, they'll have to sedate him (again) so he doesn't start pulling out the tubes and wires from his body.

-chino

"Again you all are so very much appreciated. God has his hand on our son, please continue to lift him in prayer. For today please forgive someone who has wronged you or wronged yours. Not forgiving is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die. Please continue to stay buckled, show love and spread kindness throughout the day to those around you".

-Jeanne

A little addendum to yesterday's post. Jeanne has been reading all of your comments and when possible, will respond to you!

Posted by Heather on Nov 10, 2008 1:17 PM:

i am hoping the best for chi and his family, bandmates and friends....
i think the good deed of the day is a great idea. I think you should continue this even after chi is recovered. you guys have so many fans that listen... together we can spread peace and love even if its one small thing, one day at a time.

Posted by mae on Nov 10, 2008 10:17 PM

Dearest Heather, What a legacy that would be and how I would love to be a part of it. This thing that is happening is wonderful and healing. Healing to Chi and to me also. We lost our youngest son a year ago today. You all have kept me strong in a really tough time. If you are in then I am quite definitely in. We have an opportunity to do a truly special thing and it is so easy and simple. Those of you who will try to do this, please post "I'm in." The words Chi uses that are my favorite are "MAKE IT HAPPEN". Let's try to DO THIS GOOD THING! And may I say again that CHI IS GONNA LOVE THIS!!!!!

Baby, this one is for you. Heather love, where do you live? Who is the beautiful girl in the picture? And are you in? Could someone track down Heather and ask her to go online again and respond. Meanwhile, please continue to buckle up, designate a driver, show a kindness where you can and Please keep Chi lifted in prayer. Much love and respect worldwide!

-Jeanne
Chi Update 11/9/08 (Part 2)
Hello Everyone,

I just had the pleasure of speaking with Chi's mother. She, as well as the entire Cheng family, would again like to thank you for all your love and support and knows God is healing Chi because of your prayers, love and good work.

This Sunday saw the first signs of your prayers in action. Chi was able to hear and respond to his father's request to move his lower lip. His father also administered a tendon reflex test, of which both legs responded with movement. Doctors continue to remain optimistic, and the energy at the hospital remains very positive.

The family would also like to send a special thank you out to the three off duty EMTs that stopped shortly after the accident and saved Chi's life. It was by the Grace of God that these three individuals happened to be traveling on the road with medical gear in tow at the time of the accident. If not for them, the chances of Chi making to the hospital alive would have been poor.

Please, keep your prayers, thoughts, and love coming!

Old 11.12.2008, 12:47 PM   #7
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
best wishes and he'll be in my thoughts

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 08:26 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
shit!!! he's by far the coolest deftone of the bunch.

I know, I feel bad cuz I dissed him to his face one time, but it was cool, the last time I ran into that dude on the street in September he recognized me and I was able to apologize through the vibes.

peace and love to the brother in his recovery.

Chi Update 11/12/08
Hello Everyone,

Chi's condition remains stable. He is still hooked up to a respirator to control his breathing, but can now breathe on his own. Yesterday, while visiting, I let him know that all his fans are praying and waiting for him to wake up. He responded by moving his eyes underneath his eyelids. We are so very happy with all of these small victories.

Yesterday Fieldy, the bass player for Korn, came to see Chi. As his visit was concluding, this nice, wonderful man left me with this, "we have the freedom of choices to make, but do not have the freedom to choose the consequences of the choices we make." We make so many choices each day, both small and large, that shape the lives we live. Can anyone create a life making bad choices? Today's assignment in this: please think everything through today, both the insignificant as well as the important. Make positive choices and be aware of the consequences of your actions. Doing this will you and those around you better.

Please continue to pray for Chi, and spread kindness when you can.

Respect, Love, and Gratitude,
Jeanne

Old 11.12.2008, 10:13 PM   #10
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the closer i've been to dissing a deftone is when i pointed out chino moreno to a girl without talking directly with him.

actually, i like the deftones because a girl tried to pick me up with them as an excuse.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 10:22 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

the diss was an inconsequential misunderstanding, however it was inappropriate for sure..it was at some cheesy record signing, which I only went through for the novelty of it and cuz it was right after this secret show I had snuck into, but I dont like to meet bands that way. when I ran into him on the street it was under more normal circumstances.

I appreciate that sonic youth is a real band, and makes the effort to ACTUALLY talk to people under NORMAL circumstances, and I enjoy chatting with them at the smaller gigs I have had the fortune to attend.

the only difference between me and a band like the deftones is record sales.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth