Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2009, 01:18 PM   #4241
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
megadeth-countdown to extinction
neil young & crazy horse-live rust

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 03:46 PM   #4242
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.25.2009, 04:02 PM   #4243
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Back cover of Patti Smith boot:

ac
Old 04.25.2009, 04:08 PM   #4244
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Last night...

joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 05:41 PM   #4245
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku

ac

Very nice artwork !
Old 04.25.2009, 05:45 PM   #4246
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku

ac

Sweet! Is this as good as you'd hope a 1976 Patti Smith bootleg would be?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 05:55 PM   #4247
gmku
invito al cielo

Oh, yeah. It's nice. It's a good mix of stuff, from her underground single (Piss Factory/Hey Joe) through some of her 76-era live stuff and even some bizarre interviews on things like the Mike Douglas show.

I saw another boot at the store that was totally the live show in Sweden in 76, and in a wealthier lifetime I might have sprung for both, but you know... Wish now I'd maybe gotten that instead of the Count Five thing. Also had to pass up the VU Live at the Gymnasium. Fuck, I just know both will be gone before next paycheck!
Old 04.25.2009, 07:18 PM   #4248
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Daughter Of The Sun - Rings

Excellent polyrhythmic blissout psychedelia from our area. Highly recommended.

Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2009, 04:26 PM   #4249
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Went shopping for second hand vinyl at the market. Got some gems, and at good prices. All on vinyl:

Patti Smith Group - Easter

Isaac Hayes - The Issac Hayes Movement

Hawkwind - Space Ritual

The 70s are definitely making a comeback in my household tonight...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 04.26.2009, 04:30 PM   #4250
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
crash my moon yacht

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2009, 05:42 AM   #4251
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
henry cow - leg end
john fahey - of rivers and religion
john fahey - guitar soli christmas album

found these beauties during a rummaging session in an old record shop near where i live
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2009, 01:43 PM   #4252
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Inspired by a combination of the Dylan discussion in the "If Only [x] Was Their Final Album" thread, having just listened to "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" in the car this morning, being crushed by the amount of work I have to do, and breaking up with my girlfriend, I decided to say "fuck it" and finally got a copy of "Blonde on Blonde" on vinyl. I can now tick that off my list of "all time unimpeachable favourites that I don't have on vinyl yet".

By the time I finish (if I finish) my essay tonight and slump at what will probably be 2 AM with this at top volume, I may well be a total wreck.

The guilty undertaker sighs,
The lonesome organ grinder cries,
The silver saxophones say I should refuse you.
The cracked bells and washed-out horns
Blow into my face with scorn,
But it's not that way,
I wasn't born to lose you.
I want you, I want you,
I want you so bad,
Honey, I want you.
Old 04.27.2009, 02:52 PM   #4253
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
deluxe edition of dirty
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2009, 02:52 PM   #4254
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^definitely my fav Dylan LP. Untouchable.
Old 04.27.2009, 03:27 PM   #4255
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

I couldn't agree more. I mean jesus christ, each of the first 3 sides would make one of the greatest EPs of all time, and then there's Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands, which is utterly transcendent and could go on for an hour and I would still love every second. It also flows fucking perfectly as an album. Everything about it. The dynamics, the production, the backing, the lyrics. I adore it as much as any music ever recorded.
Old 04.27.2009, 09:11 PM   #4256
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Over the last few weeks...
Ultramagnetic MC's - Critical Beatdown CD
Ramones - Ramones LP (Glad to finally have it on vinyl)
Black Flag - Slip It In LP (Totally amazing, underrated hard rock record)
Brainbombs - Live LP
Brainbombs - Fucking Mess LP (yessssss)
Kurt Vile & The Violators - The Hunchback EP 12"
Dave E Cool & The Cool Marriage Counselors - Searching Through Sears 7" (bootleg reissue of post-Electric Eels recordings.)
Dead Luke - Record Two 7"
Moonmilk - Our Breath Their Breath CD-R
Middle American - Every Night 7" (Awesome Damaged II style slow, off hinge punk)
The World's Lousy With Ideas Vol. 7 (featuring Eddy Current Suppression Ring, Straight Arrows, The UV Race & Super Wild Horses) 7"
Rolling Stones - England's Newest Hitmakers LP
Old 04.28.2009, 04:42 PM   #4257
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine (quite good)
Mastodon - Crack the Skye (not bad)
Metallica - Death Magnetic (better than i expected)
Mogwai - My Father My King (astoundingly good)
Pelican - March into Sea EP (also astoundingly good)
Red Sparowes - Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun (fantastic)
Old 04.28.2009, 07:57 PM   #4258
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 06:22 AM   #4259
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Message to Bears - Departures

Timothy C Holehouse - To The Howls at Midnight

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2009, 07:42 AM   #4260
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Loop - The World in Your Eyes (Remastered and extended 3CD edition)

Loop - A Gilded Eternity - (Remastered and extended 2CD edition)

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
163203210211212 213 214215216223263313 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth