Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.26.2007, 04:38 AM   #1
sarramkrop

Favourite NEU! record. Poll on the way.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 04:39 AM   #2
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Neu! 2

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 04:53 AM   #3
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know, but I want to give them a try, so I'll be interested to see what comes first.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 05:05 AM   #4
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Neu! 2

Have you ever tried slowing down the speed of the manipulated tracks on that one? Some awesome stuff to be heard. My favourite is Neu!.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 05:20 AM   #5
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
The first one for me. Isn't "Neu! 4" meant to be a bit of a shambles?
Old 07.26.2007, 05:26 AM   #6
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
My favourite is Neu!, but I also love Neu! 2 and Neu! 75.

How is Live in Düsseldorf? I have always heard that those Neu! live bootlegs were of bad quality so I never checked them out... And how do all those "La! Neu?" records sound? Isn't "Live in Düsseldorf" actually attributed to "La! Neu?" ?
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 05:45 AM   #7
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
has anyone heard this album. its kraftwerk w\neu! in like 72... uber cool kraut jams...
part 1- http://www.mediafire.com/?4zmnmjnmn1j
part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?1n0zwdatymh

from fm shades...
Kraftwerk - K4 (Kraftwerk Meets Neu!!!)

Live in Bremen, Germany
June 25, 1971

There isn't any extra information about this this unofficial release either in the liner notes or on the interweb thing - however, as you listen it becomes obvious that this is indeed a recording of the rather short-lived lineup of Kraftwerk that includes Michael Rother and Klaus Dinger in its ranks! That's right - Neu! as part of Kraftwerk!!!

It's basically a whole CD of extended "side-long" jams in the style of the first Kraftwerk albums performed in front of a small but enthusiastic audience and broadcast on Bremen Radio in 1971. The members of Neu! really take a forward role here, with Rother's guitar driving things for most of the time and sounding quite rocking, with glimpses of his future soaring melodic sound in the extended jam passages. The guitar and drums are backed up by synth and I believe organ bass, with notable exceptions of flute taking the forefront on the great version of Ruckzack (from the first Kraftwerk LP) and is it distorted electric violin on K4? Maybe just Rother taking a violin bow to his guitar strings! Proto-Kraftwerk and proto-Neu! It's exciting stuff, and on top of that the sound quality is excellent.
I recommended you listen to this album at MAXIMUM VOLUME!!!

and my favorite neu! is Neu! 75. although i have yet to hear neu!2

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 05:48 AM   #8
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Neu!2 followed by Neu!.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 05:54 AM   #9
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Ive meant to get a Neu! album, what do the first 2 on this poll sound like?
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 05:58 AM   #10
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just curious

Is anyone of you folks proud owner of an original first pressing of Neu! or Neu!2 ?
The ones with the transparent cover art.
I always wanted to have them but they're way out of my price range.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 07:03 AM   #11
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by o o o
My favourite is Neu!, but I also love Neu! 2 and Neu! 75.

How is Live in Düsseldorf? I have always heard that those Neu! live bootlegs were of bad quality so I never checked them out... And how do all those "La! Neu?" records sound? Isn't "Live in Düsseldorf" actually attributed to "La! Neu?" ?
Live in Dusseldorf is only worth bothering if you tend to buy everything by them. The ikara cult, if you wanna get an overall taste of Neu!, get the Black Forest Gateau compilation, as all tracks on there are killer. If you are familiar with Stereolab, their 'John Cage Bubblegum' song (to name one) gives you a rough idea of what Neu! might sound like, but it's still not the whole picture. The term that always spring to mind when I think of them is motorik.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 07:04 AM   #12
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
I'm just curious

Is anyone of you folks proud owner of an original first pressing of Neu! or Neu!2 ?
The ones with the transparent cover art.
I always wanted to have them but they're way out of my price range.
No, unfortunately.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 07:18 AM   #13
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Live in Dusseldorf is only worth bothering if you tend to buy everything by them. The ikara cult, if you wanna get an overall taste of Neu!, get the Black Forest Gateau compilation, as all tracks on there are killer. If you are familiar with Stereolab, their 'John Cage Bubblegum' song (to name one) gives you a rough idea of what Neu! might sound like, but it's still not the whole picture. The term that always spring to mind when I think of them is motorik.

You must spread some... Cheeerz
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 07:31 AM   #14
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
has anyone heard this album. its kraftwerk w\neu! in like 72... uber cool kraut jams...
part 1- http://www.mediafire.com/?4zmnmjnmn1j
part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?1n0zwdatymh

from fm shades...
Kraftwerk - K4 (Kraftwerk Meets Neu!!!)

Live in Bremen, Germany
June 25, 1971

There isn't any extra information about this this unofficial release either in the liner notes or on the interweb thing - however, as you listen it becomes obvious that this is indeed a recording of the rather short-lived lineup of Kraftwerk that includes Michael Rother and Klaus Dinger in its ranks! That's right - Neu! as part of Kraftwerk!!!

It's basically a whole CD of extended "side-long" jams in the style of the first Kraftwerk albums performed in front of a small but enthusiastic audience and broadcast on Bremen Radio in 1971. The members of Neu! really take a forward role here, with Rother's guitar driving things for most of the time and sounding quite rocking, with glimpses of his future soaring melodic sound in the extended jam passages. The guitar and drums are backed up by synth and I believe organ bass, with notable exceptions of flute taking the forefront on the great version of Ruckzack (from the first Kraftwerk LP) and is it distorted electric violin on K4? Maybe just Rother taking a violin bow to his guitar strings! Proto-Kraftwerk and proto-Neu! It's exciting stuff, and on top of that the sound quality is excellent.
I recommended you listen to this album at MAXIMUM VOLUME!!!

and my favorite neu! is Neu! 75. although i have yet to hear neu!2

I've posted posted that on this forum a while ago. I must admit that I have only listened to it once, enjoyed it greatly, but your post reminded me to go back to it again, many thanks.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 07:54 AM   #15
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I like the first three fairly equally, but if pressed I guess the first one would be my vote.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 07:55 AM   #16
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've only heard the first three, of which (rather predictably) Neu! is my favourite.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 09:47 AM   #17
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The first one is the only one I have.
Old 07.26.2007, 04:55 PM   #18
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't bought Neu! 2 as I'd heard it was a remix album; some reviews made it sound like it wasn't worth bothering with... I'm guessing this is not the case?

I like Neu! best. It has Negativland on for a start, and Neu! 2 is a bit samey - two of the ambient tracks sound the same, and two of the rock tracks sound the same, to me.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 11:08 PM   #19
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
The first one.
Old 07.27.2007, 09:17 AM   #20
HairwayToSteven
children of satan

HairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's assesHairwayToSteven kicks all y'all's asses
I've only heard the first album, so I went with that.
HairwayToSteven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth