Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Speed/Thrash Metal
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.27.2006, 07:54 PM   #1
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I have been going through one of my early speed/thrash metal phases again. I've been listening to Celtic Frost, Megadeth (killing is my business), early Exodus, and this band called Alarum. Anybody got any other bands for me to check out?
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 10:51 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i love good thrash!!!!!

boy if i have some stuff for you to check out:

-check out early voivod like rrroooaaarrr, that album rules!!!!
-anthrax, especially among the living.
-sodom's persecution mania
-early kreator!!!!
-dark angel's darkness descends, that's the fastest thrash album without using blastbeats a la death metal or grindcore, such an intense album
-coroner's mental vortex
-if you can bear a lot of reverb on the production of an album, get possessed's classic 7 churches
-crossover punk/metal like d.r.i. (dealin' with it, dirty rotten lp), corrosion of conformity (eye for an eye, animosity), cro-mags (age of quarrel, which you can download from their website), prong (primitive origins which i like a lot but most people don't like it because they compare it to the latter stuff they did), die kreuzen (s/t and october file) is the basis if not already speed metal/thrash
-SLAYER SLAYER SLAYER!!! (if you haven't already)
-some people like death angel but i really don't. same with overkill
-early testament has it's moments
-SEPULTURA!!!!!! (beaneath the remains and arise are the basic thrash ones)
-s.o.d.'s ultra offenssive hardcore/metal masterpiece speak english or die
-if you lean towards the european blackened sound, then the basics are venom's first three, bathory's first three and (controversially) both original mercyful fate albums
-suicidal tendencies' join the army (again, punk/metal crossover)
-hellhammer, the band that spawned celtic frost.
-more crossover punk/metal but more on the crusty side of punk: amebix's arise! and nausea's the punk terrorist anthology vol. 1
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:29 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Everyneurotic has a nice list. I second the Cro-Mags.
Old 04.27.2006, 11:35 PM   #4
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i love good thrash!!!!!

boy if i have some stuff for you to check out:

-check out early voivod like rrroooaaarrr, that album rules!!!!
-anthrax, especially among the living.
-sodom's persecution mania
-early kreator!!!!
-dark angel's darkness descends, that's the fastest thrash album without using blastbeats a la death metal or grindcore, such an intense album
-coroner's mental vortex
-if you can bear a lot of reverb on the production of an album, get possessed's classic 7 churches
-crossover punk/metal like d.r.i. (dealin' with it, dirty rotten lp), corrosion of conformity (eye for an eye, animosity), cro-mags (age of quarrel, which you can download from their website), prong (primitive origins which i like a lot but most people don't like it because they compare it to the latter stuff they did), die kreuzen (s/t and october file) is the basis if not already speed metal/thrash
-SLAYER SLAYER SLAYER!!! (if you haven't already)
-some people like death angel but i really don't. same with overkill
-early testament has it's moments
-SEPULTURA!!!!!! (beaneath the remains and arise are the basic thrash ones)
-s.o.d.'s ultra offenssive hardcore/metal masterpiece speak english or die
-if you lean towards the european blackened sound, then the basics are venom's first three, bathory's first three and (controversially) both original mercyful fate albums
-suicidal tendencies' join the army (again, punk/metal crossover)
-hellhammer, the band that spawned celtic frost.
-more crossover punk/metal but more on the crusty side of punk: amebix's arise! and nausea's the punk terrorist anthology vol. 1

Thanks man. I already have Slayer, Anthrax, and Hellhammer covered but most of the rest I haven't checked out before.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 12:21 AM   #5
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i like Mastodon. would they be considered thrash?
Old 04.28.2006, 10:58 AM   #6
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
What about that band Sodom? From die deutchland. Also another great thrash band are Nuclear Assault. I strongly recomend them, really....

www.nuclearassault.us

Best start is probably Survive. Really powerfull stuff, very underrated and underground.
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 01:56 PM   #7
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i mentioned sodom's persecution mania; another good one by them is agent orange.

and i forgot nuclear assault...avoid the new record, though
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth