Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 12:25 AM   #61
goo-ey
empty page

goo-ey has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Some sly parallel reference:

"Horse With No Name", by: America

"Puff The Magic Dragon", by: Peter, Paul & Mary

"Hit's Of Sunshine", by: Sonic Youth (kinda obvious)
goo-ey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 12:57 AM   #62
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I decided that this thread should be only about Hard drugs, cuz herb is not a drug, it is a glorious and wonderful plant. so that takes like dozens of songs from off of my list, so in regards to hard drugs, here are the two that are sticking out most in my head as references to hard drugs, or more correctly songs that remind me of my own hard drug binges of time past.

radiohead, "I keep the wolf at the door but He ties me up, calls me on the phone and tells me all the ways he's gonna mess me up, steal all my children if I dont pay the ransom and I'll never see them again if I squeel to the cops" (though much of radiohead reminds me of drug binging like 'i laugh until my head comes off, women and children first,' or 'i jumped into the river, blackeyed angel swim with me...')

and of course, the classic tale about drugs

Grateful Dead, Friend of the Devil

"went out the the levey, but the devil met me there, took my twenty dollar bill, and vanished in the air, set out runnin but i take my time, a friend of the devil is a friend of mine, if i get home before daylight, i just might get some sleep, tonight"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 01:00 PM   #64
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I decided that this thread should be only about Hard drugs, cuz herb is not a drug, it is a glorious and wonderful plant.

Come on man. Herb is a drug. You and I both blaze and guess what, we are using a drug that is harmful to us. Just because it isn't as bad as "hard drugs" doesn't mean it's not a drug. Do we really have to bust out the D.A.R.E. definition for what a drug is? Break me off a piece of that shit while yr at it.
Old 05.05.2006, 02:49 PM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Come on man. Herb is a drug. You and I both blaze and guess what, we are using a drug that is harmful to us. Just because it isn't as bad as "hard drugs" doesn't mean it's not a drug. Do we really have to bust out the D.A.R.E. definition for what a drug is? Break me off a piece of that shit while yr at it.

since when was DARE a success or correct on all angles? a drug, is a substance that exists due to the alteration of man, chemically, changing the state of one chemical to another. cocaine is given acid baths until all the plant fibers are stripped away, leaving pure crystaline cocaine. heroin is chemically processed several times from crude opium. pcp was straight invented in a laboratory, just as amphetamines were.

on the other hand, I-man smoke herb fresh from the earth, all I do is dry the plant and roll it up. you tell me how that is a drug? further, i would like (for the benefit of yr own research and understanding) show me scientifically how herb is harmful to the body (aside from smoking, prove to me that if you eat the plant cannabis sativa or indica, that it will cause harm or disruption to the homeostasis of the human body.) show me the harmful chemicals that exist within the 400 or so chemicals found in growing cannabis. i D.A.R.E. you, cuz you wont. you might find six hydrocarbons (ie carcinogens) in the resin of a smoked joint, but not in the plant itself. babylon shitstem is the vampire, dont let them suck yr livity!

Old 05.05.2006, 03:09 PM   #66
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Something is a drug if it alters the way your body fucntions either physically or emotionally. Pot does this. It's just a label. It doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'm not going to argue with you about pot man! It fucks up yr lungs and cause cancer. It's smoke going into yr lungs for Christ's sake. I do it anyway!
Old 05.05.2006, 03:25 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Something is a drug if it alters the way your body fucntions either physically or emotionally. Pot does. It's just a label. It doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'm not going to argue with you about pot man! It fucks up yr lungs and cause cancer. It's smoke going into yr lungs for Christ's sake. I do it anyway!

it as I said, prove to me that the plant itself is harmful.. i couldn't deny that smoke is somewhat harmful, but lets have an understanding. tobacco is a plant that causes cancer whether you smoke or eat it or shit just touch it alot. can you find such data about cannabis, or is yr crutch smoking? eat up!

Old 05.05.2006, 03:32 PM   #68
krastian
invito al cielo

I'm not going to be doing any research to prove my point. I did plenty of that in college. I hate arguing with people on the internet or trying to convince people of crap so......
Old 05.05.2006, 04:03 PM   #69
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Tonight's the night - Neil Young
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 01:42 PM   #70
vacuum noise
bad moon rising

vacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's assesvacuum noise kicks all y'all's asses
my friend thought SY was big into drugs after he first heard "hits of sunshine(for Allen Ginsberg)", but SY is certainly not into drugs, however I certainly could see how one could get high and listen to their music; that song being a good example.

And I guess the Allen Ginsberg reference is enough to put it onto this list...

vacuum noise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 03:55 PM   #71
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm not going to be doing any research to prove my point. I did plenty of that in college. I hate arguing with people on the internet or trying to convince people of crap so......

research to prove your point... blah blah woof woof. my whole point is you have no point. if anything you said was applicable, you would have had evidence on the tip of yr tounge for me to prove me wrong of my ignorant state. but quite the contrary, a spirit of apathy and laziness has come upon you because honestly, what you are promoting and teaching is not true. come to the truth, and you will have all the time in the world to speak and testify on its behalf. come with a pack of ignorant lies, and you will be torn assunder by your own testimony. selassie I

Old 05.06.2006, 04:04 PM   #72
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
research to prove your point... blah blah woof woof. my whole point is you have no point. if anything you said was applicable, you would have had evidence on the tip of yr tounge for me to prove me wrong of my ignorant state. but quite the contrary, a spirit of apathy and laziness has come upon you because honestly, what you are promoting and teaching is not true. come to the truth, and you will have all the time in the world to speak and testify on its behalf. come with a pack of ignorant lies, and you will be torn assunder by your own testimony. selassie I

Jeez, dude. Lay off the chronic and think about it. Pot is harmful. You are a complete idiot for not thinking it is.

Pack of lies?

Rastafari is a pack of lies.
Old 05.06.2006, 06:24 PM   #74
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:

"My ignorant lies." You act like I am persecuting people or something. All I said is that inhaling smoke into yr lungs is not healthy and that I do it anyway! It might not be harmful if you eat it, but I was obviously talking about it being harmful when you SMOKE it. I'm not promoting jack. I don't give a fuck what people do.
Old 05.07.2006, 12:42 AM   #75
krastian
invito al cielo

God this is so stupid.......

Ok, I did a quick search so shoot me. Don't get me wrong, this site is pretty anti-drug, but their references are all listed so there you go.....and you don't know shit about my "spirit" man. That extra crap you said to me was really unnecessary.
http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/...sht/marijuana/

Other Effects on the Body

Because marijuana contains irritants and carcinogens, it can promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract. A study comparing 173 cancer patients and 176 healthy individuals produced strong evidence that smoking marijuana increased the likelihood of developing cancer of the head or neck. The more marijuana that was smoked, the greater the increase in likelihood. Marijuana also produces high levels of an enzyme that converts some hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form. These levels may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells. Additionally, marijuana users typically inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers, increasing the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke.
Users who smoke marijuana regularly may experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers, including daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, and frequent chest colds. Continued marijuana use can result in abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke.
Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the user's heart begins to beat more rapidly and may increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, or even double. Results of a study released in 2001 indicate that a person's risk of heart attack within the first hour of smoking marijuana is four times the usual risk.

Long-term (cumulative, potentially permanent effects of chronic abuse)

-Can lead to addiction.
-Increases risk of chronic cough, bronchitis, and emphysema.
-Increases risk of cancer of the head, neck, and lungs.
Old 05.07.2006, 02:49 AM   #76
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
tab 25 - monster magnet
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 01:15 PM   #77
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
Some Candy Talking-Jesus and Mary Chain
Glass and the Ghost Children-Smashing Pumpkins
Fillmore Jive-Pavement
This Time-Smashing Pumpkins
White Light/White Heat-Velvet Underground
LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 03:49 PM   #78
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
sebadoh -too pure

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 05:08 PM   #79
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Tim Buckley - Pleasant street
Jeff Buckley - Mojo pin
VU - Heroin
Television - Venus
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 05:18 PM   #80
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Irony Of It All - The Streets
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth