Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Today is my friend's birthday party
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.24.2006, 12:51 PM   #1
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
She sent me a piece of paper that told me where I would have to be today. The address is 3 South Oak Street in Union, Missouri. I have never been there, so I printed out a map on Mapquest. It's a rough estimate of where the party is being held.

Wish me luck!

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
*Wishes*

Have fun....
Old 06.24.2006, 12:59 PM   #3
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Thank you! I bought her two lamps. I always buy my friends lamps on their birthdays. I buy them from the same antique store, and the lady packages them in brown paper bags. And then I attach the lyrics to "You Light Up My Life" and it's good to go. I'm sure the first time I did it, it was funny, but now they probably just want actual presents. But lamps are so useful that I can't resist.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 06.24.2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha...That is awsome. How much do the lamps cost?

You must spread some lamps around before illuminating luxinterior again.
Old 06.24.2006, 01:06 PM   #5
luxinterior
invito al cielo

One cost about $10. It is basically just a jar filled with corn that has a lightbulb attached to it and that just happens to come with a lampshade that looks like a picnic blanket. The other was $28. I don't know how to describe what it looks like.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 06.24.2006, 01:16 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

I could actually use a lamp. The lighting in my room is crappy. I need something like a ceiling fan...
Old 06.24.2006, 02:02 PM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses

i have one of these in my room. but it's so bright, i dont use it thaat much.
have fun lux!
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 02:20 PM   #8
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I had a friend with three spotlights in his room, like the small spotlights that they line stages with, and a black light similar to finding nobody's. It was kinda weird. I liked it though.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2006, 03:31 PM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Rock it out!!!
Old 06.25.2006, 04:02 AM   #10
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i'd love to get a lamp off you! have a good one - and like the three wise men, follow that star to the party.
Old 06.25.2006, 09:31 AM   #11
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

How was it?
Old 06.25.2006, 12:04 PM   #12
luxinterior
invito al cielo

It was interesting. There was this guy playing songs on his guitar (covers and originals). I recognized neither the guy nor the songs he played, with the exception of three or so. I was told that the friend (whose birthday it was) went to some sort of concert to see a band, but the band didn't show up, and this guy was also supposed to play that night. She liked him, and asked if he would play at her party. He seemed friendly enough, and everyone else really liked his music, as well as the cover songs he played. It didn't sound like anything special to me, but hey, whatever. Before he would play a cover song, he would try to get an "o.k." from some of the party guests, to make sure that he wasn't playing songs that everyone hated. I didn't know most of the songs anyways, so that wasn't an issue, but I did get kind of uncomfortable when he'd say something like, "Do any of you like the Rolling Stones?" and I'm thinking, well sure, there was a time when I listened to them quite frequently, but it's not like I'm going to get excited about it and scream out, "Yes, play some!" But no one else was responding to his question, and I didn't want him to feel embarrassed, so I raised my hand. And he started asking the people who didn't raise theirs if they liked the Rolling Stones, and they just shrugged. He singled out one girl who at one point was my best friend, and asked her personally, and she said she didn't know any of their songs. I kind of couldn't believe it. And the rest of the guests were sort of agreeing with her on that statement. He ended up playing 'Wild Horses' anyways, but it was just one of those times where I thought, "DO ALL OF MY FRIENDS LIVE UNDER SOME BIG HEAVY ROCK THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT?!" And these friends of mine, they are usually very well-informed of recent musical developments, so I always just assumed that they knew that most of the music they listened to was a carbon copy of stuff that has already happened 20, 30 years ago. So I couldn't help feeling a little out of place. I kind of make it a point not to start talking about music with any of these people, just because I'm afraid I'll come off as a total jerk or something. But when they are the ones asking me about what concerts I'm going to, and what I'm listening to, or whether I like the guy who was playing at the party, I don't really have a choice and I try to keep my answers as short as possible. I guess it's the reason I come here to talk about music and such in the first place, but it's about more than just music. It's about being on the same wavelength altogether, which I don't get with many people I know personally.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 06.25.2006, 11:14 PM   #13
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
It's about being on the same wavelength altogether, which I don't get with many people I know personally.

i've never been able to articulate why i love being on this board to other people, but that sums it up perfectly.
Old 06.25.2006, 11:20 PM   #14
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
Thank you! I bought her two lamps. I always buy my friends lamps on their birthdays. I buy them from the same antique store, and the lady packages them in brown paper bags. And then I attach the lyrics to "You Light Up My Life" and it's good to go. I'm sure the first time I did it, it was funny, but now they probably just want actual presents. But lamps are so useful that I can't resist.
Ha ha, a bit hokey, but very cool. Your friends are lucky!

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 11:55 PM   #15
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow
i've never been able to articulate why i love being on this board to other people, but that sums it up perfectly.
Exactly. I can't talk to any of my friends about the things we talk about here.
Old 06.26.2006, 12:32 AM   #16
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Really though, music is only a small part of it. That's why I get irritated when people assume that I'll insult them, or something, if I don't share their same taste in music. I don't get a rise out of initiating arguments, I get a rise out of winning them. There's a difference.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 10.21.2010, 08:35 PM   #17
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
haha mapquest.
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth