Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What gigs are you going to in the coming months?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.27.2008, 12:41 AM   #261
touch me i'm sick
expwy. to yr skull

touch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's assestouch me i'm sick kicks all y'all's asses
i might go see a place to bury strangers on my brithday (3/19). i'm still trying to decide though, they're playing with crappy bands (sons and daughters, and holy fuck). holy fuck's alright i guess, but sons and daughters are god awful
touch me i'm sick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 12:59 AM   #262
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
For sure:
Sonic MutherFuckin Youth in Nashville.

Maybe:
Pere Ubu
N*E*R*D
Duke Spirit (opening for BRMC, probably going to leave after Duke Spirit)
Breeders
any other's that I find
Old 02.27.2008, 01:40 AM   #263
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i have to tell somebody!!!!

on march 13 i'm seeing: GHOSTFACE KILLAH, DR OCTAGON AND DJ MUGGS!!!!!!! i'm excited.

fucking cool...

"oh shit there's a horse in the hospital"

"chicago spine tingle mind boggle"
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 01:44 AM   #264
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i was supposed to go to bone thugs n harmony tonight but i forgot, dont care that much though.

march 19th-nile (in pheonix)

april 8th- ministry/meshuggah (in tempe, should be a rockin show even if neither of these bands has put many good records out lately)

april 30th-converge/red chord/baronness/genghis tron (tempe, what a fucking lineup!)

may 3rd-breeders (pheonix)

theres also that big kanye west extravanganza tour with nerd and lupe fiasco and rihanna and hes playin a show right at my schools (university of arizona) basketball arena so ill check it out, cant tell me nothing and stronger were the best things ive heard on the radio in maybe the past 5 years.

anyways, fall is always kinda dead for good shows, not to mention im missing boredoms (tears) and the northeastern power eloectronic noise festival because by mere days they dont make my spring break, i really wanted to see twodeadslutsne good fuck.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 01:50 AM   #265
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
fucking cool...

"oh shit there's a horse in the hospital"

"chicago spine tingle mind boggle"

ive seen all of them, ghostface three times and he was great once and decent the other two times, doc oc was a disater when i saw him, rapped maybe four tracks and then made inapproripate and not funny, ok well sort of funny, to female audicnce members, he gave out free panties and had girls come on stage, put the undies on, and start shakin it. next thing i know (let it be known im blitzed on oxycontin and blunted outta my head) some fat white trash woman with a fucking CANE, a walking fucking cane, gets on stage, puts on the panties, and starts trying to dance. besides being debilitated shes absolutel shitfaced, just falling all over the place. keith then says, "bitch get the fuck outta here, ur embarassin your own damn self, and ur fat ass is stretchin my panties, i paid for these", i was allready high and giggly as it was and this was it, my buddies and i were on the floor laughing, i literally puked i laughed so hard, i felt bad for the woman too but sometimes you bring shit on yourself. so yeah, that was the best part of the doc oc show

listen to pink reason
Old 02.27.2008, 06:50 AM   #266
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
anyways, fall is always kinda dead for good shows, not to mention im missing boredoms (tears) and the northeastern power eloectronic noise festival because by mere days they dont make my spring break, i really wanted to see twodeadslutsne good fuck.

You should be in pure agony for missing one of these Boredoms shows, right after I bought my tickets I found out that Soft Circle (Hisham Bharoocha, ex-Black Dice) AND Black Pus (Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt) are both opening for a whole bunch of their shows.

In other news, seeing Akron/Family on March 5th.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 07:33 AM   #267
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
You should be in pure agony for missing one of these Boredoms shows, right after I bought my tickets I found out that Soft Circle (Hisham Bharoocha, ex-Black Dice) AND Black Pus (Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt) are both opening for a whole bunch of their shows.

In other news, seeing Akron/Family on March 5th.

jesus i wana kill myself. i love hisham too, i met him in nyc a couple years back hes way chilled out. the soft circle record was real underrated too.

listen to pink reason
Old 02.27.2008, 10:56 AM   #268
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
nile came like two weeks ago but i didn't even bother, i'm mostly bored with metal bands live. didn't see iron maiden sunday night either.

i would however go see converge/baroness/genghis tron because converge is one of my all time favorite bands and when i saw them they played for like 15 minutes (not really, just seemed like that), baroness made one of the best albums of last year and genghis tron are amazing.

i know hip hop live is mostly shit, but still, seeing kool keith and ghostface in the flesh is going to be awesome!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 11:02 AM   #269
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
bands im definatly seeing in the next few months..
battles and liars on one bill. magik markers and melt banana..... sweet.
Old 02.27.2008, 11:29 AM   #270
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck Buttons & And So I Watch You From Afar tomorrow

In the coming months
Kling Klang
Dino Jr
Eels
Rollins
Enablers
Nick Cave
Chrome Hoof
Howlin' Rain
Jonathan Richman
Holy Fuck
Bjork

Belfast's really on the upturn these days, used to go for up to 6 months between good gigs here, now my wallet never gets to recover

Where are Battles & Liars playing, Paulybee?

!
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 11:56 AM   #271
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ok, i'll do a recap of what i'm seeing soon, hopefully:

march 1: black dahlia murder
(seen them already but were great fun so i'll see if i have the dough to go).

march 13: ghostface, doc oc and muggs.

march 14: dat politics.
(don't even know them but a friend is opening so why not?).

march 17: justice yeldham and a bunch of noisers in guadalajara.

march 19: justice yeldham and a bunch of noisers in toluca.

march 20: justice yeldham and a bunch of noisers here.

april 12: coca cola zero festival with smashing pumpkins, the mars travolta, my morning jacket, bright eyes, my chemical romance and zillions of other bands. a friend wants to go and it wouldn't harm to listen to sp's old songs played by that cover band, plus my morning jacket!!! plus, i would be lying if i said i wouldn't want to see some mcr songs live.

april 13: CRYPTOPSY!!!!! (no venue confirmed yet, so perhaps it won't happen).

april 18: wolf eyes and drumcorps.

april 19: melt-banana and jamie saft with mike pride.

april 23: either cat power (still unconfirmed) or a performance of stockhausen's kontakte.

april 24: aeo (yamatsuka eye and taeji sawai) and optron.

april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay.

april 26: anthony braxton: diamond curtain wall trio

may 2: maniqui lazer.

may 3: winters in osaka with I/C/O/C and amniosis.

may 27: ennio morricone (still not sure but would love to go).
Old 02.27.2008, 12:29 PM   #272
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
april 25: elliot sharp, ikue mori and zeena parkins performing screen play by christian marclay..

Wow, where is this happening? I think this is the same piece Lee did with E# at MOMA last year that was so cool.

I bought a ticket for the Slits next week, in a small club. I don't go for reunions much but Thurston dug'em and I always loved the Slits. But thats late, beforehand I'll check out Gold Sparkle Band at Phantom Ear at Union Pool. Friday I'll see the early Zeena Parkins set at The Stone then head to the Living Theater to see Other Dimensions in Music. Oh yeah and Thursday I'm definitely heading to Union Pool to see Metal Mountains, a new trio of PG6, Samara and Helen Rush probably the closest I'll get to seeing the Tower Recordings this year. Sometimes living in NYC is ok.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 12:34 PM   #274
sarramkrop

I hope you will enjoy Dat Politics. They are good fun live, if you are into that sort of thing. Impressive schedule, by the way.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 03:45 PM   #275
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I hope you will enjoy Dat Politics. They are good fun live, if you are into that sort of thing. Impressive schedule, by the way.

i hope that too, i'll have to check them out before going to the gig, of course.

well, it's the annual radar fest which is part of the festival of mexico which lasts like a month; last year it brought fennesz, otomo yoshihide, francisco lópez, fred frith and the gunter muller and associates from voice crack. it's a good time of the year.
Old 02.27.2008, 06:05 PM   #276
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I was at my own gig tonight. Duh. Sorry, I'm a bit drunk and full of emotions now. *burp*

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 06:19 PM   #277
ondskan
children of satan

ondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's asses
God damn!
I saw Queens of the Stone Age on monday, and I think it was one of the best things that I've done in many years.
The last days I've been walking around all messed up in my head about this. I need more! Mooooore!

Woo! I'm dronk!
ondskan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 06:22 PM   #278
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Don Carlos
Pato Banton fear Eek A Mouse
Half Pint
Madprofessor
the Itals
Wadi Gad feat Winston Jarrett
Steel Pulse

just recently saw
groundation
Ras Michael
Kiddus I and China Smith
anthony b
midnite
gregory isaacs
queen ifrika

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2008, 07:57 PM   #279
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
dino jr, london. and on my birthday!

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2008, 06:37 AM   #280
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I bought a ticket for the Slits next week, in a small club. I don't go for reunions much but Thurston dug'em and I always loved the Slits.
Is the Slits show at Maxwell's?

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 1516172464114 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth