Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Lou Reed marries Laurie Anderson
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2008, 12:25 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth draws fans with all ranges of musical tastes, from those that love classic rock, to those for whom sonic youth is the most "normal" band they listen to.
Old 04.25.2008, 12:32 PM   #42
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
rob, please enjoy this wonderful goat. hopefully, it replaces the one you've recently lost.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 12:43 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
You have confused me, yet again floatingslowly.

goat?
Old 04.25.2008, 12:55 PM   #44
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yes. it appears that a few of the posters above have got yrs.

just sayin'.
Old 04.25.2008, 01:51 PM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

does it not appear that my bad mouthing of laurie ;overrated" anderson got atari's goat? what exactly got mine?
Old 04.25.2008, 02:10 PM   #46
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

don't drag me into this!

however, since you don't want it, I'll be keeping that goat for myself.

there's lots of things goats are good for.....on dark and lonely nights.

anyways....sorry. carry on please. the drama was just starting to get good.
Old 04.25.2008, 02:11 PM   #47
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

on topic:

I plan to see these guys in Dallas on May 21st.

I hope they play Synchronicity II. I fucking love that song.
Old 04.25.2008, 02:14 PM   #48
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
on topic:

I plan to see these guys in Dallas on May 21st.

I hope they play Synchronicity II. I fucking love that song.

Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed might play Synchronicity II?

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 02:26 PM   #49
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Lou Reed's playing with them???

omg.
Old 04.25.2008, 02:51 PM   #50
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what "approach?" the old hag's been around forever, and I have been around forever, and I have heard a lot of her crap, and seen several of her crap performances, and they were pure wankery. her "artistic output" sucks major ass (in my OPINION of course)

I do nto see how being a sonic youth maniac fanatic has anything to do with laurie anderson.

Firstly, "old hag": age has nothing to with it, and shes only six years older than the oldest member of SY. And y'know, I just find it bizarre of that your favourite band just released 30 minutes of droning noise and most people on the forum would have payed £10 to hear it, and yet you seem so abhored by Anderson's comparatively more accessible take on experimental music. I love all experimental music and would never call it pure pretentious wankery, but surely Rob if anything is pretentious wankery SYR7 and much of SY's output is just that. And yet, here you are on a Sonic Youth forum. Does this seem bizarre to anyone else?!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:03 PM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fuck the semantics man. I hate her performances and I hate her music.

I love sonic youth's performances and I love their music. it's as simple as that. just opinions you know.
Old 04.25.2008, 03:05 PM   #52
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Gee, it's too bad Laurie doesn't have big tits and/or a big ass, or she might have a fan in Rob.

But to sum up, you're such an embodiment of a macho stereotype, misogynistic tendencies and all, that you fail to see the forest for the trees. I mean, it's readily obvious.

I hardly think such an unreasonably strong term as "hate" should be directed at Laurie Anderson repeatedly from any open-minded person, especially one that otherwise enjoys a lot of cool music.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:09 PM   #53
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
fuck the semantics man. I hate her performances and I hate her music.

I love sonic youth's performances and I love their music. it's as simple as that. just opinions you know.

I understand its your opinion dude, and your not obliged to like her. But as a clear fan of experimental music claiming Anderson to be pretentious wankery and that being a reason for not liking her... is beyond strange.

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 04.25.2008, 03:12 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I understand its your opinion dude, and your not obliged to like her. But as a clear fan of experimental music claiming Anderson to be pretentious wankery and that being a reason for not liking her... is beyond strange.

i never heard of cheeto being a fan of "experimental" anything, so i'm not sure how that's clear.

and even if he was, i dont' see the incoherence--

and even if it was incoherent-- so??

--

ps- sorry, for those of you who are new, cheeto = rob
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:21 PM   #55
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i never heard of cheeto being a fan of "experimental" anything, so i'm not sure how that's clear.

and even if he was, i dont' see the incoherence--

and even if it was incoherent-- so??

--

ps- sorry, for those of you who are new, cheeto = rob

sonic youth are experimental music

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 04.25.2008, 03:23 PM   #56
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here

Something can be experimental and not pretentious and vice versa. Rob made similar comments about Philip Glass, why aren't you defending him as vehemently? Perhaps the sexism is on your own side. Just because someone attacks a woman's work it doesn't make him a misogynist.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:26 PM   #57
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Personally, I did state that I like Philip Glass okay for what he does. And I stated my case on that account.

And it's not like I'm gonna prove that Rob has strong misogynistic tendencies, but it's also, as I stated before, readily obvious that he indeed does routinely demonstrate those very tendencies to those paying any sort of estimable attention.

Take it for what it's worth. The dude is an okay guy, as guys usually go, but ultimately, he's a self-serving ass. There was never a need for him to write in this thread that she sucked or that he hated her, and moreover, there is even less credibility to possibly be gleaned for repeating the same dumb, obnoxious shit over and over in this wedding thread.

have

you

lost

your

dog

?
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:26 PM   #58
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
Something can be experimental and not pretentious and vice versa. Rob made similar comments about Philip Glass, why aren't you defending him as vehemently? Perhaps the sexism is on your own side. Just because someone attacks a woman's work it doesn't make him a misogynist.

I did not, at any point, call him a misogynist.

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 04.25.2008, 03:27 PM   #59
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

Laurie Anderson Is In The Rugrats Movie

Fact

~~Record of the moment~~
Old 04.25.2008, 03:31 PM   #60
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Gee, it's too bad Laurie doesn't have big tits and/or a big ass, or she might have a fan in Rob.

But to sum up, you're such an embodiment of a macho stereotype, misogynistic tendencies and all, that you fail to see the forest for the trees. I mean, it's readily obvious.

I hardly think such an unreasonably strong term as "hate" should be directed at Laurie Anderson repeatedly from any open-minded person, especially one that otherwise enjoys a lot of cool music.

"hate" is an apt description for the rage and venom that ensues every single time I have to listen to or watch Laurie anderson. I actively HATE IT, just like I actively hate when I have to sit and hear Counting Crows.
I never attacked YOU personally, yet you attacked me, see?
I don;t like it when people bad mouth sonic youth but they are free to do so, even on sonic youth's own forum.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth