Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Radiodread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.05.2009, 05:21 PM   #21
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
that could be the best idea or the worst idea.Id like to hear a reggae version of shes lost control.

here you go: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...dID=505 31887
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2009, 08:42 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
omg horace andy. DO WANT.

sugar minnot! frankie paul!

omgomgomg

yes, its a really good album, especially because of the artist pool that went into it..

as I said above, it has captured almost every element and style of reggae music, even all of the subtle nuances that are represented by different artists over the past few decades.

I liked most the use of nyabinghi drumwork in songs like paranoid android and the tourist..
the melodica and horns in homesick alien and Let Down..
the steppers drum beat in Exit Music and Climbing Up the Walls
the mix section in Kharma Police
the purist dub stylee remix of Filter Happier
the roots skank and bubble piano skank in Electioneering and Lucky

everything was absolutely drenched in reggae music, it is beyond impressive, even most reggae compilations and mix cds do not have such a wide variety of well performed, well produced reggae stylees...

genius I say!

the proper use of dub style sampling and over-dubbing..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2009, 03:58 PM   #23
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses

that actially sounded pretty good, i want to hear a whole album.

Back on topic about easy all stars they have "litte help from my friends" up on their myspace and it sounds geat. Also says they're touring,if the record is good i think ill go see them.

Easy All stars myspace ---> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=418 393419
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2009, 06:13 PM   #24
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
even most reggae compilations and mix cds do not have such a wide variety of well performed, well produced reggae stylees...

I'm more into dancehall than roots, and dancehall has always been like that.

large pool of talented MC's, limited funds and the propensity of well-known selectors to push out 10 different singles from one track.

also, it makes it easy to fade-slam. if I could ever figure out audacity, I could make an awesome mix.

ps: just bought this, about to listen.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2009, 06:22 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

large pool of talented MC's, limited funds and the propensity of well-known selectors to push out 10 different singles from one track.

also, it makes it easy to fade-slam. if I could ever figure out audacity, I could make an awesome mix.

I'd totally bum a dancehall mix right now. Get on it foolstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2009, 06:26 PM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
tell ya what, gashmouth...just for you...

I'm ocd about these things, and often they fall apart due to massive micromanagement, however, I'll run this on high-priority.

big up.
Old 03.06.2009, 06:27 PM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Big up your status bredrin. Nah be fassy.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 03.06.2009, 11:03 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

ps: just bought this, about to listen.

if its dancehall, its just one stylee..

but check it..

"nah pop no style, I strickly rootz.. nah pop no style, I strictly rootz.."

big up all the selectahs, give thanks to the Is

Old 03.07.2009, 07:08 AM   #29
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Easy Star All-Stars are GREAT! Their version of Dark Side Of The Moon is infinitely more interesting than the original.

well, yknow..the last razorlight album was more interesting than dark side ...

such friends i agree with you that im converging on a scene that you are much more knowledgable out than i but i always find reggae doing standard songs doesnt work in the whole but the opposite works brilliantly.... junior murvin done by the clash for example......
Old 03.07.2009, 07:30 AM   #30
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Funny how things change, innit? Incidentally, I just heard the Spice/ Vybz Kartel collaboration. I'm disappointed.

Quote:
Old 03.07.2009, 01:42 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Funny how things change, innit? Incidentally, I just heard the Spice/ Vybz Kartel collaboration. I'm disappointed.

I don't mess with that bourgeois Jamaica Golddance hall..

strictly rootz.

I prefer these and these to those..

closest I get to that is this

Old 04.18.2009, 03:17 PM   #32
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I just had a bonding experience with my neighbor over this album. he's lived there for months and I've yet to say more than hi; until today, when he was playing Radiodread on a boombox outside.

I think I made a friend.

thanks 'n praises.

ps: I mon made ya a wiked dub, 'n ya bawl bourgeois. mi a run tings, peel-head. none can test.
Old 04.19.2009, 02:58 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

thanks 'n praises.

give thanks and praises so high

Old 04.19.2009, 04:10 PM   #34
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Time to raise the bar significantly I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrt0syQr9Tc
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2009, 07:14 PM   #35
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Waiting with bated breath for a gay tribute, "Oh Hayyyyy Computer"
Old 05.09.2009, 08:09 PM   #36
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Listening to it right now.. really, Horace Andy kinda kills me. I've got used to him because of Massive Attack, but I dunno why does that warbling thing with his voice. Maybe that's a normal reggae thing, I don't know. I know nothing of reggae. I'm liking this, though.

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth