Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ENDLESERIES (Thurston) 10"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.12.2007, 02:39 PM   #1
Kanna
little trouble girl

Kanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's assesKanna kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

ENDLESERIES is a collection of music exclusive to our catalog. The catalog is continuously growing. We hand lathe cut 10" virgin lacquers with aproxamately 9 minutes of audio
per side. Each lacquer is cut to order. You choose two tracks of audio and design your own record. The records play at 33rpm.
Each record costs $25.00
shipping is $3.00 in the us
for international orders the shipping varies ............................. peace to you.
When ordering please include the track #. track lengths may not exceed 10min. a side, we can't cut them longer... Some tracks because of the nature of their audio will need more room on the laquer. The standard is one track per side.

http://endleseries.com/

Thurston Moore

Quote:

Long time member of the band Sonic Youth, continually curious and exploring; he knows more about youth culture than the youth do. It seems his supreme respect for experimentation leaves him open to the many far reaching epochs that music has embodied.
Here is a short quote from an interview by Fred Jung, titled “A fireside Chat with Thurston Moore”
FJ: Why is this music important?
TM: I think it brings a certain kind of heightened spiritual energy from both player and listener. It is a shared positive intellectual experience, which I find to be really healing. It is all about sharing and to me, that is its main principal result. I just think it is more about having a good time.

TR.001 / "DEMOLISHED MAN" / ANDY HAYLECK

TR.002 / "NOV. 1973" / SMEGMA
This track is composed of four shorter tracks; titled "Nov. 1973 #1", 'Nov. 1973 #2", "Nov. 1973 #3 Santa Bring My Baby" and "Nov. 1973 #4". All four pieces have joyous vocal harmonies. The voices of old friends and long time collaborators mutate barber shop quartet sounds to the rollicking accompaniment of rubberbands.
TR.003 / "REVEILLE AND COMMISERATION" / ANGST HASE PFEFFER NASE

TR.004 / DRUM BUDDY DEMO #9 "THE HEARTBEAT" / QUINTRON

TR.005 / "ANOTHER MISERABLE DAY #3" / HANS GRUSEL'S KRANKENKABINET
Hans:Ciat-Lonbarde Cocolase Device Duber Filter with 4ms Noiseswash
Gretel:Concrete Blocks
Liz Albee:Trumpets

TR.006 / "TOUCH YOU" / THURSTON MOORE

TR.007 / ARMAGEDDON LULLABYE / DANIEL HIGGS
Recorded at Louder Studio By Tim Green in San Francisco, CA
In Late January 2006.
This track is an instrumental track of solo guitar recorded after Daniel visited the annual music season of Chennai, India. The music season hosts over 500 concerts of Carnatic music of which Daniel attended about fifty. The peice, recorded about ten days after returning, is not in any way an attempt at playing in the Carnatic style, while at the same time, no resistance to osmotic influences was given. At the time of the recording, Daniel was saturated both psychically and corporeally with raag-phraseologies and the pervasive hymnal-wavelengths. The song presented here is simply an audible mind-print from that particular time period.

TR.008 / RECEITATION / DANIEL HIGGS
A rare recording of the voice of Daniel Higgs reciting excerpts from his Book of Antennae, published in 2000 by the I.R.I. Recorded on to a slightly slow tape cassette deck and then put to dub plate the voice seems to be echoing from a distant future past or present time.

TR.009 / "KINDA KNEW" / BEASTMASTER

TR.010 / MR. BRINKMAN

TR.011 / MR. BRINKMAN

TR.012 / "YELLOW RIVER" / TUSCO TERROR

TR.013 / "LIVE 04.24.07 PART 1" / PRURIENT

TR.014 / "LIVE 04.24.07 PART 2" / PRURIENT

TR.015 / "HOLDING, NEVER AGAIN, TAKE ME" / IAN NAGOSKI & TOM CARTER
Tom Carter & Ian Nagoski – “Holding, Never Again, Take Me” is an excerpt froma live recording made at the Talking Head Club in Baltimore on May 5, 2003. It was recorded by Terry Plummer and subsequently circulated as a bootleg. Tom Carter is best known as the guitarist in Charalambides, he was at the end of a solo tour based around the Brattleboro Free Folk Festival the night of the recording. Ian Nagoski spent the late 90s and early 00s on dense electronic drones and was in particularly nerve-jangled but bold form. The track is sweeping guitars and Ian’s vocals, a completely committed montage of cover songs off the top of his head. On the one hand, it's psyche-improv bliss-out and on the other, embarrassing, drunken karaoke; depending on the listener, it's either/or/both. Edited by Andy Hayleck.

TR.016 / "CREPUSCULE WITH MOLLUSKS" / ANDY HAYLECK
August 21, 2006 - Hydrophone recording during low tide at Odiorne Point on the coast of New Hampshire. The mollusks were in tidal pools among the rocks. Small crabs carrying pebbles were crawling around, they threw rocks into the tubing of the hydraphone, finding it an allien amidst their wondrous cosmos.
This track is a good b side choice for Mr. Hayleck's "Demolished Man" TR.001
TR.017 / MARINA ROSENFELD

TR.018 / METALUX

TR.019 / "SEXY SEANCE" / SEXY SEANCE
A home recording of a seance session with a oujia board. Yes thats weegee for everyone who can't spell. A departed spirit returns to communicate with a past lover. Yes thats an orgasm for those who don't know what comminicate means. Reminiscent of the early radio show era and vintage 78s this track includes announcer host intro, old timey organ segues, and an unexpected twist ending!
Kanna is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2007, 05:37 PM   #2
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
very sweet little collection. pricey but wiorth it id say!
Old 05.13.2007, 10:35 AM   #3
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
hm. i'll be thinking about this, but i've got to save money for a trip this summer.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2007, 04:27 PM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Just ordered one... Just Thurston's track, with the other side left blank. Blank vinyl appeals aesthetically.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2007, 04:49 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
very cool
Old 05.25.2007, 12:24 AM   #6
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
My 10" arrived yesterday. Haven't had time to listen to it yet.
Old 05.25.2007, 10:48 AM   #7
sonicl
invito al cielo

It's a one for completist collectors. While there is doubtless a guitar involved, its strings are never struck in a way that could be described as musical. More a collection of clicks, scrapes and knocks. It's the sort of thing that works okay in a live improv setting, but on record it leaves me a bit nonplussed.

A beautiful piece of vinyl though. Seriously - a lovely 10" diameter disc of thick black vinyl. With a silent locked groove at either end.
Old 05.25.2007, 12:21 PM   #8
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Just ordered one... Just Thurston's track, with the other side left blank. Blank vinyl appeals aesthetically.

just wondering why you would do this its like wasting money, leaving the opposite side blank... i would've at least picked either the smegma or tom carter tracks... to each their own i guess.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2007, 07:31 PM   #9
deadbird
empty page

deadbird has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Cool idea, horribly ugly website. I might get Thurston's and possibly just frame it.
deadbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2007, 08:28 PM   #10
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Ugh, fuck lathe-cuts. $25 for a single track?! HAH!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth