Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page married with children still holds up
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2011, 03:22 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrés
There's this episode where Bud and Marcy had an affair, it was hilarious!!! I wish I knew the name of the episode. I downloaded a couple of seasons a few years ago, fun stuff!! sometimes I miss spanish subs but I still get 80% of the jokes

no, kelly set them up to think they had slept together because both bud and marcy thought she was stupid.

let us also not forget the Bleen episode, or when the Bundy's rented that mustang and went on vacation for labor day starting a bar fight on the freeway. When they went to Lower Uncton? The only Tea Partyish episode was the Beer Tax one, and in reality, that was a satire against Tea Party type Rightist activists because all the "anti-tax protesters" in that episode were really just debased and into debauchery, hardly your outstanding moral conservatives or even the crudest aspects of the Sarah Palin crowd or Rush Limbaugh even!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 08:37 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
Lady Gaga always reminded me of Manson. it wouldnt surprise me if its the same person

This thread made me think of this.

The post above made me think of this.

Which led me to thinking about this.

Which, after a brief detour through some songs no-one needs to be reminded of, led me here. Which made me happy.

But anyway. The point is, you all need to die, so fuck off, you dickflowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 09:12 PM   #23
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Not as awesome any more though (breast cancer, both removed). I hope she pulls through everything ok in the long run. Looking good so far.

That's why I said RIP...

It means Reast in Peace.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 11:41 PM   #24
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
That's why I said RIP...

It means Reast in Peace.

totally missed the RIP. distracted by the breast once again!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 10:38 AM   #25
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
great show. arrested development is my favorite sitcom though.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 12:45 PM   #26
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
^^Yes.
Old 02.02.2011, 08:33 PM   #27
mindbomb
little trouble girl

mindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's asses
I was probably 12 or 13 when I got into that show. A guy at school starting making and selling 'No Mam' T-shirts. That is what they're called right? I never did get one of those shirts though.
Anyway, Kelly was hot and the show made me sit there and laugh inside. Like atsonicpark said it's still relevant today. The best thing though is that the show made you realize even if your parents weren't that well off they could still be dysfunctional in a funny way. Remember, Peg was a stay at home mom and Al was a shoesalesman. Kelly, a slut, Bud, a funny loser, and the dog, the one you felt sorry for.
Old 02.04.2011, 02:29 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
great show. arrested development is my favorite sitcom though.

truly, remarkably hilarious and perhaps one of the few sitcoms that I own on DVD and watch in tandem with my Married.. With Children archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb
I was probably 12 or 13 when I got into that show. A guy at school starting making and selling 'No Mam' T-shirts. That is what they're called right? I never did get one of those shirts though.
Anyway, Kelly was hot and the show made me sit there and laugh inside. Like atsonicpark said it's still relevant today. The best thing though is that the show made you realize even if your parents weren't that well off they could still be dysfunctional in a funny way. Remember, Peg was a stay at home mom and Al was a shoesalesman. Kelly, a slut, Bud, a funny loser, and the dog, the one you felt sorry for.

when I was a kid we were poor, and I never understood how the Bundy's were poor with that large house, and the occasional splurging they did like Peg's home shopping network addiction or the kinds of things Kelly and Bud got money. The Bundy's were no poor like I was poor, but aside from that, I always enjoyed the rest and still do

Old 02.04.2011, 03:37 PM   #29
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
A lot of shows are very flexible in their reality financially. How come The Simpsons have such a big house, 3 children with a stay at home wife yet Homer has the wage of an average factory worker?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2011, 07:50 PM   #30
mindbomb
little trouble girl

mindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
A lot of shows are very flexible in their reality financially. How come The Simpsons have such a big house, 3 children with a stay at home wife yet Homer has the wage of an average factory worker?

It gives a misguided perception of what people can afford. The tv shows make it look like most people live fairly reasonably. I don't know all the statistics on it but I can gather that so many more people live in cheap apartments they can barely afford and families with Homer's job can really barely get by. That might hurt people's feelings in terms of how they relate to the expectations of the norm in America in general.
The weirdest thing is that sometimes the difference between being a bum and a $50,000+ worker is based on avoiding a few tragic life events that change the way a person looks at the world.
Old 02.04.2011, 08:50 PM   #31
startur
bad moon rising

startur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's assesstartur kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek

i think you can write a lot about this topic, like how the networks purposely make families in these tv shows seem to have more products and furniture than they can actually afford as to promote consumerism...like the people watching the show think "they're like us, they have a big screen tv, i should have a big screen tv..."

but i also think it has a lot to do with just the general structure of the plot and story. i mean if you're gonna create a story about an american family it just makes sense for them to live in a large/medium sized single home in the suburbs. generally most family sitcoms and cartoons have the same environmental structure...

it also has to do with it being an american show and portraying the american dream. you would expect a typical american family to live beyond its means, having a big house and two cars...thats what makes them so american...

also, although the simpsons have a pretty a big house, they are generally portrayed as being poor. some of the plots in the early and mid seasons deal with them being in tight financial situations....not having enough money for dog surgery, not being able to afford a/c, etc...

finally, homer doesnt just work in a factory, he works in a nuclear power plant as the safety inspector, if anything you would think he would have a pretty good salary relatively...
startur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2011, 07:03 AM   #32
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
You see his pay slip in a few episodes, he doesn't earn much at all. Or, certainly not enough for what is required for his family.

And the Simpsons is flexible though too. Sometimes Bart will ask Homer for a thousand dollars and Homer will just take it out of his wallet and give it to him.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2011, 01:46 AM   #33
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Really cool how season 11 has both Mink Stole and Robert Englund in it! Haha, I wasn't expecting that at all!

I've been lost in a Bundy fade ever since I got Netflix on my Wii.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2011, 01:54 AM   #34
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Did you guys know that the show was originally going to be titled, Not the Cosbys?
Old 02.19.2011, 02:31 AM   #35
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Did you also know that Kurtwood Smith (That 70s Show, Robocop) was considered for the role of Al Bundy before Ed O'Neill got the part?

Old 02.21.2011, 02:22 PM   #36
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
I had no idea

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2011, 02:42 PM   #37
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Thank God he didnt get it, otherwise we probably would never have had

RED FUCKING FOREMAN.

His best role EVER.

Probably my third favorite TV show next to Arrested Developement and Xfiles.

Seriously the first 3 seasons of 70s show were untouchable.

The rest of it was garbage.
Old 02.21.2011, 02:58 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Did you also know that Kurtwood Smith (That 70s Show, Robocop) was considered for the role of Al Bundy before Ed O'Neill got the part?

actually I did, Ed O'Neil was actually a talented Broadway actor doing Shakespeare and wasn't initially interested, and Kurtwood was a bit more popular in the early 80s riding those action movies waves, so he wanted too much fejia, so Ed was convinced.. you know he says now with this ABC show he has he has a bit of regrets with Married.. because he has been so eternally casted (not in TV/acting but in real life) as my pal Al, as Married.. is indeed a socio-cultural institution in America. Inevitably it will be a kind of counter-culture I Love Lucy, trust that.

Old 02.21.2011, 03:05 PM   #39
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Thank God he didnt get it, otherwise we probably would never have had

RED FUCKING FOREMAN.

His best role EVER.

Probably my third favorite TV show next to Arrested Developement and Xfiles.

Seriously the first 3 seasons of 70s show were untouchable.

The rest of it was garbage.

It was even more awful after Eric left the show.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2011, 05:10 PM   #40
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Whoa... Russian Married With Children

http://www.lindsayfincher.com/2007/0...to-russia.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NbuSIUKFSc

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth