Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty American Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.14.2013, 08:50 AM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Much props to Brady and the Pats. My beloved Texans got whupped, but it was all their doing. We may have stood a better chance if we had earned the top seed as we were supposed to. On our field the result may have been different.

I am now rooting for the Ravens.

Arian Foster played like a man possessed, but one cannot make defensive mistakes against the BRADY
Old 01.14.2013, 09:29 AM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
all in all, the best weekend of football this season.

I am proud of my texans. I only wish that Brian Cushing had been healthy enough to play and rip Brady a new asshole.

Next year, with Cushing AND Watt? Look out AFC. Texans are gonna come out extra hungry.

and suchfriends, what you said about the football players keeping their beef on the field, is very true.

story about Payton Manning waiting with his family to talk to Ray Lewis after the game. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...062005410.html
Old 01.14.2013, 04:56 PM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I am now rooting for the Ravens.

Arian Foster played like a man possessed, but one cannot make defensive mistakes against the BRADY

If you're on our bandwagon then it was almost worth it

Be happy with the loss, it was still a great season and a kick ass game against the Bengals. If there is no dignity in defeat, sports really isn't worth it, because, hey, even the team that wins it all had to lose a few along the way too.

All those Packers-Denver predictions which even I succumbed to have proven false, fantastic I say! No Saints. No Steeler. No Manning brothers. No Packers. These Conference games are looking superb! Speaking of which, superb is exactly how the Ravens are going to have to play against Brady, but look how well we fought against Peyton and his new kick ass defense in Denver? Things are feeling good even if the numbers less than match!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2013, 04:59 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and suchfriends, what you said about the football players keeping their beef on the field, is very true.

story about Payton Manning waiting with his family to talk to Ray Lewis after the game. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...062005410.html

I was also really touched by that story. I mean, both guys are Superbowl winning, legendary by every definition, Hall of Fame players, and yet Peyton comes by after the game, with HIS FAMILY no less, to take a picture WITH HIS KIDS with the guy who just knocked him out of the play-offs for an NFL record tying 10th time? THAT is CLASS. That deserves our respect. Could any of us imagine Michael Jordan going up to Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone after losing a game to them like that? Or even Kobe Bryant? Lebron would do it, but that is why he is different and lured my back into the NBA. The NFL is always a friendly place, these guys know its just a job, just a game that pays the bills and entertains a lot of people.

Old 01.15.2013, 08:54 AM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

bunnyboyz, you nor anyone else seems to be able to take Phillip Rivers seriously! The guy has issues! ha!
Old 01.15.2013, 03:10 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
bunnyboyz, you nor anyone else seems to be able to take Phillip Rivers seriously! The guy has issues! ha!

Yes, Phillip Rivers get even less respect than Mark Sanchez if that is possible. Blame the franchise, if the guy played somewhere with pedigree and media attention he would be more like Tony Romo or Matt Stafford, great QBs otherwise going no where fast. The NFL equivalent of the NBA stat guys (Chris Bosh when he was in Toronto, Steve Nash when he was in Phoenix), guys who put up great numbers but just aren't on winning enough caliber teams to capitalize on the potential. Matty Ice is on the verge of becoming that soon if in the next three years they don't do something serious.

Old 01.19.2013, 08:18 PM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Hope to see an all Harbaugh Super Bowl.

that was my hope and pick last year. even though i love my falcons i actually want us to lose tomorrow. we're not ready, we can't beat my Ravens, its more and more looking like nobody can beat us. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, indeed we have a strong a chance to lose against the Pats as we do to win. But my Falcons couldn't beat the Pats either, not yet. Those are post-season teams, we are just barely inching in that direction. So the worst thing that could happen to us is win and go to the Superbowl. It will be an instant replay of Atlanta's only previous Bowl appearance in 1998, and we got down right embarrassed. Further, we've never even been close to back. There are always two teams that go the Bowl, a destiny team that wins it all, and an unprepared team that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. The latter teams rarely if ever return to that level the following season. If Falcons win and then lose in the Superbowl, I fear we will fall into a serious slump afterwards. If we lose the NFC, we will only come back that much more hungry and prepared next year and may actually be able to win the Superbowl

So I'm sticking with my previous hopes from last year, a Harbaugh brother Superbowl, and by the way, don't let Kaepernick fool you, Ravens can STOMP on Ninerz if they want to. Of course, the past 5 years in the play-offs have proven that Ravens can stomp the shit out of ANY team and STILL lose (we've out-played the Patriots in 4 of the past 5 games we've played them, and yet have gone 2-3..

Old 01.19.2013, 11:08 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

One of my fave coaches was Jerry Glanville, who coached both the House of Pain era Oilers and the Prime Time Falcons. Great guy. Not he best of strategists but had his teams play balls out
Old 01.19.2013, 11:24 PM   #49
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
One of my fave coaches was Jerry Glanville, who coached both the House of Pain era Oilers and the Prime Time Falcons. Great guy. Not he best of strategists but had his teams play balls out

Neon Deion was the shit, period. Fuck the fuck yeah! The good/bad thing about Atlanta is we're a small market, mediocre, no Championship team that has a surprisingly good system all around, playing, scouting, recruiting, office, and ownership. We've been the first start for a serious amount of top-level NFL careers for players, coaches, and managers, however and unfortunately just not for us. Hell we even in a way gave Farve his chance :/

Old 01.20.2013, 12:47 PM   #50
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
Finally a deserving thread for an awesome band!

Now that Capn' jazz had their reunion thing, who else is super excited for an american football reuninon as well??!!?!?!???!?!!

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2013, 11:32 PM   #51
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

My pick from last year materialized. My Ravens are back in the Superbowl, like we knew we would ever since Harbaugh and Flacco came to town. FUCK THE FUCK YEAH! LOVE wins football games, not stat lines, not hype, not your previous record and accolades. Ravens LOVE football. Ravens LOVE their fans. Ravens LOVE their competitors. LOVE wins,football, while haterz lose time and time again, and we are going to win it ALL! The only team that can beat the Ravens is themselves

As to my Falcons, this is the best blessing in disguise. Ninerz and Ravens lost the Conference games last year, look where their at now. Falcons have been the best team in the NFC 2 out of the past 3 years, and this year we shut out the Giants, then shut out the Seahawks for an entire half, and today shut out the 49erz for almost the entire 1st half, and really came just 10 yards short of the Superbowl. I promise y'all that the Falcons will see the Superbowl next year

Old 01.21.2013, 12:59 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

What an amazing goddmn day of football. Tom brady looked PISSED OFF on the sideline with like ten minutes left. Amazing games. The 49ers and the Ravens Baltimore and San Francisco face off in new orleans. Either way the Harbaugh family will celebrate a great Super Bowl. This is a season for the ages! Amazing playoff games one and all.
Old 01.21.2013, 04:13 PM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
What an amazing goddmn day of football. Tom brady looked PISSED OFF on the sideline with like ten minutes left. Amazing games. The 49ers and the Ravens Baltimore and San Francisco face off in new orleans. Either way the Harbaugh family will celebrate a great Super Bowl. This is a season for the ages! Amazing playoff games one and all.

Ravens have a tendency to get in peoples' heads like that. Ask Peyton who was too scurred to go for it with 31 second left, the same amount of time Matty Ice had to beat the Seahawks. Broncos were psyched out, so were the Pats. Patriots have never lost after leading at half, when Ravens kept coming with it while at the same time shutting it down with defense, Patriots flinched. Niners are good, but they will flinch too. Ravens will only beat themselves if they lose. I agree Rob, this perhaps the best season too many years, and definitely in the top ten of all time.

Old 01.21.2013, 10:42 PM   #54
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bytor Peltor again.

That picture alone makes this perhaps the BEST season ever. NO Saints. NO Mannings. NO Steelers. NO Brady. Can it honestly get any better?

Old 01.21.2013, 11:23 PM   #55
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Old 01.21.2013, 11:56 PM   #56
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Jim Harbaugh rocking out to Guided By Voices' Shocker in Gloomtown

pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2013, 10:56 AM   #57
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Tom Brady playing dirty, trying to cripple Ed Reed with high cleats to his thigh/groin.
Old 01.23.2013, 01:17 AM   #58
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Tom Brady playing dirty, trying to cripple Ed Reed with high cleats to his thigh/groin.

"What, Ray, you mean we ended Tom Brady's Superbowl hopes again?"

Old 01.25.2013, 04:46 PM   #59
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
regardless of what we all go through, there is purpose wrapped within the pain. It all boils down to this, every triumph and tragedy in my life has served as preparation for this moment, to take what many see as an unbearable circumstance to impact others
the great OJ Brigance

Old 01.28.2013, 10:45 PM   #60
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ray Lewis, to some, is a beacon of hope. James Lippitt sent the Ravens an email this past November. He was worried about his 16-year-old son. In October, Jeffrey Lippitt was behind the wheel of his Pontiac G6 in a heavy rainstorm near Leeds, Utah, when he braked for an accident and spun into a semi. Jeffrey suffered minor injuries; his 20-year-old sister, Anne-Monique, was rushed by a medical helicopter to Las Vegas.
Anne-Monique slipped into a coma, and her brother was traumatized and inconsolable. As James, a high school English teacher in Las Vegas, was grading papers one day, he felt a strong urge to reach out to the Ravens for help. James grew up in Baltimore, and shared his love of the Ravens with his son, who loves Ray Lewis.
Within an hour and a half after Lippitt sent the email, the phone rang with a Baltimore area code, and James' heart started pounding. It was a representative from the Ravens, who said Lewis was excited to meet Jeffrey. So the father and son traveled to San Diego for the Ravens' game against the Chargers on Nov. 29, and Lewis, who was still injured, pulled the boy aside on the sidelines, wrapped his arms around him and whispered in his ear.
He told Jeffrey that it was time for him to be the big brother now. He told him to lean on God, and God would be there for him. Jeffrey typed the words into his phone so he wouldn't forget them.
"Oh, I look at it constantly," Jeffrey said. "Basically, I have it down by memory now.
"It really did help, especially him saying that God doesn't make mistakes. Sometimes, I don't know what the reason is here and now. But He has a reason for it, and things will get better."
James Lippitt has noticed a difference in his son. He's more upbeat and motivated. Before, Jeffrey would be so sad that he couldn't go to school. He's on the swim team, but he wasn't motivated. Now he wants to be a captain and make it to the state meet.
"I've seen wonderful growth," James said, "and I think Ray Lewis has everything to do with it."
He pauses when asked about his daughter, a college student who hasn't come home. Thursday was Day 102 since the accident, he said, and she's not improving. Her brain is damaged and her condition is called "persistent vegetative state," he says. Anne-Monique is in long-term acute care.
When things get too hard for Jeffrey, he scrolls through his phone and looks at Lewis' words. Sometimes, he'll read them to his dad. They will watch the Ravens play the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl, and for three hours, maybe they'll forget.
In Akron, the hometown of Baker and Lollar, they can't forget. No one will forget Ray Lewis.

I am going to miss Ray Lewis like nobody's business yo! All the haters don't know, but I have literally been in Ray's shoes, I've been in bar fights that you didn't start that some motherfuckers are insistent on finishing. The reason Ray don't let that shit get to him is even though his entourage was defending themselves (those two dudes who got stabbed had a gun and were shooting at the limo!!) he still sincerely is haunted by the loss of life. It sucks when people try to start too much shit, and as Ray knows, God carries you through it all. I thank the Lord that quite literally none of the men who have stepped up against me trying to take my life have had to force my hand like what happened to Ray in 2000. I can respect that, and if folks like Wes Welker's wife want to run they mouth not knowing the truth, let them hate. As we Rasta chant and sing on the hillside,

Quote:
THEY SOLD JOSEPH IN EGYPT, BECAUSE HE KNEW THE TRUTH, THE SAME ONE THEY SOLD IN EGYPT WAS THE SAME ONE THAT'S FEEDING THEM, BUT THE STONE THAT THE BUILDERS REFUSED, SHALL BECOME THE HEAD CORNER STONE

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth