Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.11.2016, 09:52 AM   #1121
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I'm guessing there's still quite a few left hooks being held for for the Don given the off chance he rises again, I do think he's down for the count though.

Not usually a fan of George Fwill, I think he has a number of "rhetorical flourish" books and a group of attractive young assistants to help with the thesaurus and with the awful "fwig", but this is pretty well gold.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.4bd52ee2e52b
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 10:26 AM   #1122
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, conservative folks like Will and Krauthammer have been beating on Trump for months. Traitors! They shall pay. Oh yes, they shall pay dearly!

Honestly, as bad as it's gotten for Trump, I'm STILL not predicting anything. Could still be an insanely tight race. You never know.

I mean, that Trump toddler was so fucking cute!
---
This Trump tweet scared me:

It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...42546878578688

No more Mr Nice Guy? Holy shit.

(Damn. Got sucked in again. I think I have an addiction problem.)
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 10:51 AM   #1123
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm having a non-stop full on anxiety attack over this shit. Starts the moment I wake up every day, and follows me into my goddamn nightmares when I go to sleep at night. Trump signs line the roads here in the bumfuck nowheresville. They're EVERYWHERE. I've counted something like 3 Clinton signs.

Half of my Facebook friends are posting "Killary" rants. The dems included. Most of them go for the safe "I hate them both, but.." angle. Which is a cop-out.

How can anyone think of Trump as a realistic and viable presidential option? After everything he's said and done. It took ONE over-enthusiastic rally speech from Howard Dean to drive a stake trough the heart of his campaign. Ben Carson needed only to demonstrate shitty knowledge of foreign policy... ONCE... and he was effectively done.

How is this motherfucker still standing?

It's a terrible feeling to want to curb stomp half the people you know. This is by far the most unsettling election year of my life. And I remember Reagan and Bush. I'd suck Ronald Reagan's dead ass dick if it would end Trump's candidacy. And H.W. is a goddamn Saint by comparison.

What's also awesome is that I work for a newspaper and cover city and local politics, so I can't publically express my opinion on this without risking severe fallout. I mean, technically I'm allowed to, but it would be stupid. Town's too small.

I guess I'll settle for Trichotillomania.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 10:59 AM   #1124
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you're gonna need a sharpie for your eyebrows!

lol @ "the shackles"

briefly, he still stands because he panders to real white working class concerns.

he of course doesn't offer a real viable solution. but he panders. so his base will not desert him.

bumfuck nowheresville is exactly where he's popular--whenever there are closed steel mills, factories, mines, etc., little hitler will be among them.

if the democrats win this election, they'll have to really start working on regaining their foothold with uneducated whites.

--

eta. the other thing is that it's true that as things become more equal and whites lose their ancestral privileges, resentment will grow.

say you used to make $40 an hour in a factory and grope the cafeteria lady whenever you wanted, now you make $8 in macdonalds and your boss is a young latina who is going to college in the evening... you're gonna be sore as fuck for this.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 11:17 AM   #1125
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm having a non-stop full on anxiety attack over this shit.

How is your state faring? Might make you feel better. Or worse.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/

(Dang New Mexico! You're so sexy.)
Old 10.11.2016, 12:12 PM   #1126
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
How is your state faring? Might make you feel better. Or worse.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/

(Dang New Mexico! You're so sexy.)

Wow... made me feel better actually.

But I'm not sure I trust the data. My home state is a solid, hard blue. My current state is a sky blue. I don't see evidence of this anywhere in my area though. Trump signs are everywhere, as I said. People are staying willfully ignorant of policy issues and are conveniently ignoring everything Trump's said and done in public.

Then again, I do have a neighbor who joked about putting a "nigger" through a wood chipper. Perhaps I have relocated to the real deal valley of the shadow of death. Racism and sexism are just "life" here. So normal for so many people that I honestly believe they don't believe it exists.

On the upside, Newsweek is pummeling Trump, taking a very obvious stance. They're beginning to publish articles about what "will" happen "when" Hillary becomes president.

Not that Trump supporters read Newsweek, or Time, or the NY TIMES, Washington Post, or anything for that matter. They get their news from conservative radio jocks and Facebook memes.
Old 10.11.2016, 12:21 PM   #1127
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
why, thank you

My mother owns a home in rural NM. Bought it when she retired from teaching (before realizing retirement was a fantasy, and going back to work for the government). It's lovely out there. She actually just returned from a vacation at her property there, and said that the Trumpfever bullshit that's overtaken the Midwest is nowhere in sight in NM. I'm jealous. If I could find work out there I'd be fucking out of here. Much as I love my job, and being close to Chicago, I can't stand living in a community where people can say make nigger jokes in their backyards without being Fucking curb-stomped.

God I sound hateful.
Old 10.11.2016, 12:29 PM   #1128
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
My mother owns a home in rural NM. Bought it when she retired from teaching (before realizing retirement was a fantasy, and going back to work for the government). It's lovely out there. She actually just returned from a vacation at her property there, and said that the Trumpfever bullshit that's overtaken the Midwest is nowhere in sight in NM. I'm jealous. If I could find work out there I'd be fucking out of here. Much as I love my job, and being close to Chicago, I can't stand living in a community where people can say make nigger jokes in their backyards without being Fucking curb-stomped.

God I sound hateful.
fucking shit. nigger jokes??? you live among rednecks. here we have only reznecks.

but no, really, we have rednecks too.

after trump started his bullshit i was selling some merchandise for weekend fun a some cowboy looking bitchman blanco asked me how did i sneak into this country. i laughed to his face and said the mayflower.

of course other people who were around the crowd found him really stupid and embarrassing and apologized for him. i told them thank you but i'm not affected by the stupid words of uneducated fools.

(plus, had he started some real shit i had a knife in my pocket and a gun in the truck haa haaa haaa. i kept this to myself though.) (hey, i'm just a rezneck--by adoption anyway).
Old 10.11.2016, 12:55 PM   #1129
evollove
invito al cielo

Quote:
(plus, had he started some real shit i had a knife in my pocket and a gun in the truck haa haaa haaa. i kept this to myself though.) .

You people are so violent.

VOTE TRUMP
Old 10.11.2016, 01:13 PM   #1130
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You people are so violent.

VOTE TRUMP

ha ha ha!

yeah i'm a 2nd amendment patriot

don't mind being well-regulated though. i'll register and take mandatory classes.
Old 10.11.2016, 01:17 PM   #1131
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
fucking shit. nigger jokes??? you live among rednecks. here we have only reznecks.

but no, really, we have rednecks too.

after trump started his bullshit i was selling some merchandise for weekend fun a some cowboy looking bitchman blanco asked me how did i sneak into this country. i laughed to his face and said the mayflower.

of course other people who were around the crowd found him really stupid and embarrassing and apologized for him. i told them thank you but i'm not affected by the stupid words of uneducated fools.

(plus, had he started some real shit i had a knife in my pocket and a gun in the truck haa haaa haaa. i kept this to myself though.) (hey, i'm just a rezneck--by adoption anyway).

I'm not sure how much you're joking exactly, but here's how much I'm joking: 0.
Yeah, nigger jokes. Like, a lot of them. Also weird black-label racist country music playing from backyard stereos. So.. more nigger jokes. And people driving pickups with MASSIVE confederate flags flapping in the breeze.

That's how shit is here. There's also a stable liberal contingent among the upper class here. "green" and eco folks... but they care more about fracking than social justice. They don't know what it's like to be poor, so they don't even mingle with the "nigger joke" lot.

Yes, I live among rednecks.
It's extremely uncomfortable. My last car was vandalized because it had an Obama sticker.

I'm not built for this. I'm from fucking western Washington! I was raised by women in a multicultural city with two gay uncles. How the fuck did I end up here?! Oh yeah I took a ton of drugs and washed out of grad school. Haaaa!

Old 10.11.2016, 04:21 PM   #1132
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
western Wa? Me, too. I got moss on my north side, and avoid the "big light in sky"
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 04:45 PM   #1133
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
western Wa? Me, too. I got moss on my north side, and avoid the "big light in sky"

Yeah, that's where I grew up. Been all over at this point, but the Pacific Northwest is my home. Lived in... Seattle, Bellingham, Tacoma. Came out Midwest cause I'm apparently a goddamn moron.
Old 10.11.2016, 05:07 PM   #1134
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i forgot to say, i wasn't joking about having a knife. i live (and work a bit) in a ranch, so a knife in the pocket is an essential. actually two: one multitool and one knife-knife.

the gun in the truck part is also not a joke. we've called 911 so many times without response that we've given up on it. in my state, your vehicle is considered an extension of your home, so it's okay to have weapons in it. besides, it's actualy an open carry state. i don't open carry though, because i think that's inviting crazies to pick a fight. discretion is best.

but yeah, if the kkk comes after me i'm ready. i have to say though, this is the only time this has ever happened to me. it's definitely the trump effect i think. people hear shit on talk radio and start repeating their stupid brainwash. all mexicans are rapists, all muslims are terrorists, let's beat some random fucker with a turban, etc etc. pathetic.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2825861
Old 10.11.2016, 05:49 PM   #1135
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
happens to me to, racist comments. crims at the door trying to rob the place. i am prepared.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 07:16 PM   #1136
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm not sure how much you're joking exactly, but here's how much I'm joking: 0.
Yeah, nigger jokes. Like, a lot of them. Also weird black-label racist country music playing from backyard stereos. So.. more nigger jokes. And people driving pickups with MASSIVE confederate flags flapping in the breeze.

my god man, I don't know whether to believe you or feel sorry for you. I live in south Georgia and I've never experienced anything as drastic as this. of course, i'll have the cynical naysayers that'll try to debunk my statement like "oh yr just used to it and sticking up for where you live" but, it's true.

but see, here's the kicker and what's really scary: where I live blacks are the majority, so that's got a lot of positive advantages over a complete non-white hate fest. it's like the south has learnt to balance out it's racism behind closed doors and vehicles turning jokes into light Pryor imitations. it's here, most definitely but, now I see it might be less indigenous to the south which isn't the majority view point world wide because of slavery and the dreaded Civil War "ugh" redneck reputation.

what's so scary is that this kind of outrageous attitude you described about race hate is happening in mostly white majority sections of the country far away from the Dixie line which, in my opinion, makes these kind of people even more cowardly and naive. it's like hating samoans for no reason what so ever for the simple fact they've never met one. fucking crazy!!!

I went into drunken depth on this in the hip hop thread about isolated, secretly racist whites but, you guys heartbreakingly suggested I might be a racist while me trying to prove racism might just be more prevalent elsewhere. prob, because Im a lame brain drunk jackass. feeling frisky because of the weather with no humidity.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2016, 07:45 PM   #1137
evollove
invito al cielo

Bits of this entire thread has made me realize that racism isn't a regional thing. It seems there is an equal amount of racism in Georgia, Ohio, Vermont and California.

The problem isn't the place
Obviously the problem is black people.
Old 10.11.2016, 07:56 PM   #1138
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
the irony is that you might deeply truly feel that way while randomly tossing it off as sarcasm. clever.
Old 10.11.2016, 08:05 PM   #1139
evollove
invito al cielo

That's not irony. That's being a dick.

Irony comes in many forms, one of which is saying the opposite of what one really thinks.

I can't think of any examples right now.
Old 10.11.2016, 08:14 PM   #1140
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
That's not irony. That's being a dick.

Irony comes in many forms, one of which is saying the opposite of what one really thinks.

I can't think of any examples right now.

so you really thought racism was a regional thing? I don't believe that. that's a lie while on top mocking me being a real racist. yes, you were being a clever dick.
47545556 57 58596067107157 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth