Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page fuck voting
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2014, 08:25 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Teach a man to fish and he'll still vote for the guy that gives him a fish.

indeed. that is the basis of the corporatocracy. as major general smedley butler (usmc) wrote in "war is a racket":

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2014, 09:04 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
!@$&#! keep sippin the kool aid yo, like Subhumans sang, "you'll be tempted to believe in them cuz they seem so bloody real." I understand your perspective and have "read the manual" and it is only full of even more bullshit than you or me btw, enjoy the conservative takeover we are living in the same era as that which favored Nixon, where white people feel threatened beyond reason and their takeover theb is inevitable.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2014, 09:34 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
!@$&#! keep sippin the kool aid yo, like Subhumans sang, "you'll be tempted to believe in them cuz they seem so bloody real." I understand your perspective and have "read the manual" and it is only full of even more bullshit than you or me btw, enjoy the conservative takeover we are living in the same era as that which favored Nixon, where white people feel threatened beyond reason and their takeover theb is inevitable.

there's no kool aid, it's just that the world isn't black or white "like the subhumans sang" and i am shocked you haven't yet realized that at your advanced age.

cynics are always disappointed romantics. broken idealists. wounded perfectionists. that is a teenage-to-adulthood phase. eventually you develop the stomach to deal with the horrors of history. everyone is guilty. grow up and embrace the filthy mess because it's the only one we got-- only acknowledging that we can improve and we can only do it a little at a time and still then there's a backlash and a tendency to regress. two steps forward one step back *if we're lucky*. you want an enlightened monarchy? selassie fled the italian invaders and was in bed with the aristocracy and bribed the military and fed his exotic animals while his people starved. your dream does not exist. shit is all we have left to eat. get chewing.
Old 11.04.2014, 09:51 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Yes there is koolaid and youre drunk on it. That you have to.attack me with character insults.reveals the inherent weakness of your position. Its not about me, never was or will be. Im not naive or utopian.to.believe there is some kind of magical.alternative to.the ineptitude of our present system, quite.the opposite, I support boycott because there are no alternatives accept either to play the game.by their rules (and get plaued) or.dont play at all.and let the chips lay where they fall. The game is rigged, and when you play it you inherently support the rigging and inform the riggers that you more or less comply. Go ahead, wave the flag, Joseph Campbell is right everybody needs myth to believe in, that is your myth, but you have to respect my decision to believe in a different mythology, its they.very ontology of the myth you are,preaching

Old 11.04.2014, 10:57 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yes there is koolaid and youre drunk on it. That you have to.attack me with character insults.reveals the inherent weakness of your position. Its not about me, never was or will be. Im not naive or utopian.to.believe there is some kind of magical.alternative to.the ineptitude of our present system, quite.the opposite, I support boycott because there are no alternatives accept either to play the game.by their rules (and get plaued) or.dont play at all.and let the chips lay where they fall. The game is rigged, and when you play it you inherently support the rigging and inform the riggers that you more or less comply. Go ahead, wave the flag, Joseph Campbell is right everybody needs myth to believe in, that is your myth, but you have to respect my decision to believe in a different mythology, its they.very ontology of the myth you are,preaching

i don't have a problem with you believing whatever you want, even your overuse of "ontology", but when you publicly say "vote for yourself" to others it sounds pretty idiotic and i feel should point it out.

it's not like i set up my own tax rates and decide how they will be spent, or i'lll put myself in jail for breaking laws i've written, or beat myself up for not submitting to my own authority, or give myself the death penalty, etc. the political sphere is a lot more than "yourself" and your advice in that context comes across as utterly idiotic.

now if you want to say one can influence the political in ways other than voting, and explain how and why this can be done, etc., that would make more sense, but what you've been saying in this thread comes across as prescriptions for acting like a narcissistically wounded fool.
Old 11.04.2014, 11:21 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

We've had the "ways to effect change instead of,voting" on other election threads no need to rehash it up here. The gist, you believe in voting and I dont and we both equally have the right to share our beliefs here and let people evaluate them for themselves but you dont have to be a dick about it

Old 11.05.2014, 12:22 AM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
but you dont have to be a dick about it

right, because starting a thread to mock the people who took time off to go vote, or bothered to vote early, or got involved in campaigns; and by extension all the people who fought or gave their lives in the past for the right to vote-- for women, black people, natives, etc, is not dickish *at all.*

--

and now, shit, well, we have a fucking republican senate, if one supreme court justice happens to croak in the next couple of years they'll demand nothing less than another alito or scalia to replace him/her. prepare yourselves also for ridiculous impeachments to come.
Old 11.05.2014, 12:55 AM   #28
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Don't be blaming SuchFriendsAreDangerous, who from the looks of things voted for no one, for the Senate majority swinging to the GOP. Blame the people who voted for the GOP candidates.

At best, you can be upset with SuchFriends because he didn't vote for Liberals, which may not be who he wanted anyway if he did vote.
Old 11.05.2014, 12:57 AM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

!@$&#! You forgot to post a picture of the flag being raised at iwo Jima, rosa parks (not Outkast version) and a link to youtube of Hendrix "star spangled banner at Woodstock" yo

Old 11.05.2014, 01:22 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
!@$&#! You forgot to post a picture of the flag being raised at iwo Jima, rosa parks (not Outkast version) and a link to youtube of Hendrix "star spangled banner at Woodstock" yo
And Christ on the Cracker and the virgin birth and the fucking martyrs being eaten by lions and all the useless theologian leeches that spawned after oh and Selassie in the military uniform he wore while running away
Old 11.05.2014, 09:01 AM   #31
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Divisiveness is the American Way. That's my fortune cookie take.
Old 11.05.2014, 09:06 AM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Don't be blaming SuchFriendsAreDangerous, who from the looks of things voted for no one, for the Senate majority swinging to the GOP. Blame the people who voted for the GOP candidates.

At best, you can be upset with SuchFriends because he didn't vote for Liberals, which may not be who he wanted anyway if he did vote.

i have a problem with those who voted taliban, but i have more of a problem with those who don't like the taliban but let them win. the former are at least consistent, the latter are chickenshits.

as for liberals--where are they? democrats are some of the last reasonable republicans left, except they are a bunch of pussies running from their own record-- like nixoncare.

but there are degrees of terribleness, and even small degrees matter. we have more talibans today than we did yesterday. there are over 50 vacancies on circuit courts that won't be filled.

on small good news, oregonians have legalized weed-- bad for the prison industry and a small step towards sanity. californians (not suchfriends, he didn't care) have reduced the penalties of some drug crimes from felonies to misdemeanors and created a "safe neighborhoods and schools" fund (for mental health & drug treatment) with budget surpluses: http://ballotpedia.org/California_Pr...itiative_(2014
Old 11.05.2014, 09:38 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Local elections affect your day to day life far more than national or even state elections. Those should be the most well attended, they determine what your kid learns in school (school boards), how much money is spent on your town/sity's infrastructure, whether the potholes get fixed, etc. the national elections are pure shit.

Voting, it's better than nothing.....
Old 11.05.2014, 09:39 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
vote for selassie's coffin

teabagger cuban agent by way of canada rafael cruz wants to be the next senate majority leader

this is fucking scarier than "the dead zone"

this fucker....I hate this fucker. all the rich fuck Cubans who did nothing for the regular people there and got mad when Castro took their shit and sent them packing are the only hispanics fully up the asshole of the uber-rich Republican inner circles.
Old 11.05.2014, 12:37 PM   #35
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Democracy Is A Verb
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2014, 01:09 PM   #36
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That you have to.attack me with character insults.reveals the inherent weakness of your position.g

welcome to the club!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2014, 01:49 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

!@$&#! You can call people like myself all kinds of names like fools, or immature, or chicken shit but what you cant do is blame us for the results when you dont like them. I dont blame you for voting, dont blame me for your losses. How about YOU grow up and MAN UP and accept the results.of the game you played. Some games you win, some you lose, but its childish to,blame others

Old 11.05.2014, 02:32 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

PLips you're brilliant and by far my fav on SYG

Old 11.05.2014, 04:30 PM   #39
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
<sarcasm on> I'm so glad the first thing the victorious republicans are going to do is repeal the Patriot Act to protect our rights. <sarcasm off> I told you so, said so right on this board 10+ years ago...

The Patriot Act continues to wreak its havoc on civil liberties. Section 213 was included in the Patriot Act ... and granted law enforcement the power to conduct a search while delaying notice to the suspect of the search. Known as a “sneak and peek” warrant, law enforcement was adamant Section 213 was needed to protect against terrorism. But the latest government report detailing the numbers of “sneak and peek” warrants reveals that out of a total of over 11,000 sneak and peek requests, only 51 were used for terrorism.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2014, 09:50 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
excellent article & thanks for sharing!

Quote:
!@$&#! You can call people like myself all kinds of names like fools, or immature, or chicken shit but what you cant do is blame us for the results when you dont like them. I dont blame you for voting, dont blame me for your losses. How about YOU grow up and MAN UP and accept the results.of the game you played. Some games you win, some you lose, but its childish to,blame others

of course i'm going to blame you and other quitters for the results. see the article above. i won't be nice. the next time you complain about police brutality or discrimination against minorities or lack of economic opportunities in your LA hood, i will do it all over again. and if you keep mocking people who vote i will keep throwing rocks at your head.

speaking of games, you're in the same game! even if you refuse to look at the board-- even more than i am. i live in the sticks building a kind of libertarian utopia, but i nevertheless remain civically engaged.

you in spite of your holy postures are much more dependent than i am on government-- tuition rates, teacher's salaries & benefits, education policies, curricula, etc.-- it all flows down to you. same with living in a big city with its myriad rules and taxes and fees. you may say you don't play the game, but the game plays you anyway and it plays you hard.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth