Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, dies in "marine accident"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.06.2006, 10:24 AM   #141
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
they have it on film apparantly, wonder when it will make an appearance?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2006, 10:26 AM   #142
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I think the cameraman's waiting for the highest bidder.
Old 09.06.2006, 10:41 AM   #143
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Everybody loved Steve. Tokolosh is just being a Contrary Mary.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2006, 10:44 AM   #144
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
No I'm not. I studied nature conservation and film. I know damn well what I'm talking about.
Old 09.06.2006, 11:02 AM   #145
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i repeat, would you like someone you don't know to drag you and touch you in front of cameras just so he can be on tv?

neither do the animals.

animal abuse doesn't just mean ripping legs off.

Yeah cos, you know, animals are completly aware of camereas etc. etc.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2006, 01:59 PM   #146
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
crocodiles would as soon kill you and eat you as they woudl take a nap

there is no way in hell a human being with no weapon can "torture" an animal as large and well armored as a crocodile
Old 09.06.2006, 02:34 PM   #147
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I'm aware that Steve knew and cared a lot about animals, but his approach to study them, was quite unethical. Didn't any of your parents ever tell you not to take baby birds out of their nests. Do you know why? Touching animals unnecessarily, can contaminate or infect them with human odours or disease. They become vulnarable to preditors and sickness. The only reason why Steve stands out from the rest of Australia's many naturalists, is the fact that he had a certain way of presenting his show to the viewer. It's a sensational production, which at times, was very carelessly executed, endangering himself, the animal in question and sometimes even his own family.

David Attenborough on the other hand, is more professional, when dealing with wildlife. He doesn't go around shouting and making things more exciting than they already are. He hardly ever comes in direct contact with the creatures he studies, and gives them enough space to carry on with their daily chores.
I didn't wish him dead, and for his family to have to go through this, but he must have pushed it a little to far this time and paid the price.
Old 09.06.2006, 03:41 PM   #148
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
the cops have the video. i fell sorry for his family, especially his dad.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2006, 03:55 PM   #149
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
just a day late on this thread but gotta say i am not a fan of his, nor a lover of his style of nature programming but he has done shedloads for the cause and it is such a sad and tragic story. god bless the irwin family.

i really do hope that the film is released sensitivly. he did always say that if his death was caught on film that it should be shown to highlight the power of nature and the fragility of human existence. crocs rule steve!
Old 09.06.2006, 03:58 PM   #150
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
getting killed by a stingray is so rare, makes me believe this was an accident and not an attack by the ray. these are non aggressive animals, i guess we will know details sooner rather than later but now is not the time.

anyway. just wanted to put accross my point of view.
Old 09.06.2006, 04:14 PM   #151
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wah? you step on a stingray it will fuck up your leg pretty good... he must have been fucking with it from above and got stabbed (i think "stung" is not really the appropriate word for one through the chest)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2006, 04:16 PM   #152
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what happened according to the crew was that the ray was cornered, and that is the only time they really stab upwards with aggression, which is why the barb stuck into his chest and stabbed his heart.

terrible way to die.
Old 09.06.2006, 04:17 PM   #153
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

he was NOT "fucking with it".

he was swimming above it, snorkeling, and the ray felt threatened
Old 09.06.2006, 04:20 PM   #154
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well... if cornering a stingray is not fucking with it then i dont know what is. (by fucking with i didn't mean "sex". though i've heard people do it in micronesia.)

the thing though a stingray will act like a scorpion-- i've known people who stepped on them accidentally & got fucked in the leg. small stingrays fortunately. now a big one... tough luck...
Old 09.06.2006, 04:22 PM   #155
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

according to eyewitnesses, Irwin was just snorkieling over the ray, and the ray felt cornered, but Irwin was not there actually messing with the ray or even focusing on it.

shot through the heart and the ray's to blame, it gives love a bad name
Old 09.06.2006, 04:26 PM   #156
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
according to eyewitnesses, Irwin was just snorkieling over the ray, and the ray felt cornered, but Irwin was not there actually messing with the ray or even focusing on it.

shot through the heart and the ray's to blame, it gives love a bad name

ha ha @ shot through the heart.

oh so he was hovering over it. yeah you want to stay the fuck away from being over one of those. scoot to the side by all means. but some times they are hidden in the bottom. they are tasty to eat though. they make a fine soup.
Old 09.06.2006, 04:30 PM   #157
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

This story's changing by the minute.
Old 09.06.2006, 04:35 PM   #158
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I can picture a backlash against stingrays in Australia; people everywhere start eating stingray soups in honour of Steve Irwin; and they call it having an Irwin. Sales of stingrays are going to go up.
Old 09.06.2006, 04:37 PM   #159
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

hA! hA!
Old 09.06.2006, 04:43 PM   #160
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Ha! I love you too Danny.
I should rep ya for having the nerve.

ps: I never wished him dead, but to me, he was a major toss.

Love you three!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth