Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Met Thurston at Mudhoney in Northhampton
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2008, 09:41 AM   #21
luisxvi
bad moon rising

luisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's asses
I met Thurston, Kim and Yoshimi at a Free Kitten gig in 94. I think we scared Thurston with our ass kissing fan butboy ferver.
Old 06.09.2008, 09:53 AM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
can't be worse than Malkmus and the Jicks!
Old 06.09.2008, 11:15 AM   #23
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
can't be worse than Malkmus and the Jicks!

i would go see them just to see if he will play any old pavement songs.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 11:57 AM   #24
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
i love how people here talk down about others throwin around their indie cred, you gotta be kidding me! people on this board saying that? LMAOOO...if you didnt spend most of your lives tryin to prove how "cool and indie" you are by the way you dress and act, and by being music snobs, you wouldnt know what to do with yourself...serious...for example, im sure of the people here who wear glasses, 95% of you wear those black plastic "emo indie" frames....i see clones of you people at every show i go to..haha, break out the clove cigarettes and holier than thou attitude, LMAOOO...this board never fails to amuse me with the blatant self ignorance as to what you people mostly are, hehe

have a nice day,

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:07 PM   #25
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Yawn.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:35 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
yummm

clove cigarrettes
Old 06.09.2008, 12:39 PM   #27
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
cool!
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:40 PM   #28
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
LMAOOO...this board never fails to amuse me with the blatant self ignorance

have a nice day,

What is blatant self-ignorance? Is it ignorance that you purposely inflict on yourself?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:40 PM   #29
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Most of the people on here seem to favor the rectangular "graphic designer" style frames in eyewear over the black hornrim Weezer style.
Old 06.09.2008, 12:42 PM   #30
sarramkrop

What about those who wear contact lenses? Are they not people too?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:44 PM   #31
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Second-glass citizens.

-I'll be here all week, folks.
Old 06.09.2008, 12:47 PM   #32
sarramkrop

hehe.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:48 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Old 06.09.2008, 12:50 PM   #35
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
i love how people here talk down about others throwin around their indie cred, you gotta be kidding me! people on this board saying that? LMAOOO...if you didnt spend most of your lives tryin to prove how "cool and indie" you are by the way you dress and act, and by being music snobs, you wouldnt know what to do with yourself...serious...for example, im sure of the people here who wear glasses, 95% of you wear those black plastic "emo indie" frames....i see clones of you people at every show i go to..haha, break out the clove cigarettes and holier than thou attitude, LMAOOO...this board never fails to amuse me with the blatant self ignorance as to what you people mostly are, hehe

have a nice day,

i have no idea what you're talking about.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:51 PM   #36
sarramkrop

Has anybody got pictures of Coco? I want to die my hair the same colour as hers.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2008, 12:59 PM   #38
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge.
The kids are coming up from behind.
I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge to the kids from France and from London.
But I was there.

I was there in 1968.
I was there at the first Can show in Cologne.
I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge to the kids whose footsteps I hear when they get on the decks.
I'm losing my edge to the Internet seekers who can tell me every member of every good group from 1962 to 1978.
I'm losing my edge.

To all the kids in Tokyo and Berlin.
I'm losing my edge to the art-school Brooklynites in little jackets and borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered eighties.

But I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge, but I was there.
I was there.
But I was there.

I'm losing my edge.
I'm losing my edge.
I can hear the footsteps every night on the decks.
But I was there.
I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.
I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."
I was there.
I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

I used to work in the record store.
I had everything before anyone.
I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan.
I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes.
I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.

But I'm losing my edge to better-looking people with better ideas and more talent.
And they're actually really, really nice.

I'm losing my edge.

I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record.

I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.
I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.

I hear everybody that you know is more relevant than everybody that I know.

But have you seen my records? This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PIL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra,

Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra,
Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc,

Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force ("just hit me"!), Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil! Scott! Heron!, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, the Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics.

You don't know what you really want.

ok, stop!
Old 06.09.2008, 01:12 PM   #39
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Yes, but the songs all sucked, and it looked like his girlfriend in the band was just as sick of his ego trip as the audience and about ready to walk off. If you'd have heard his intros I don't think you'd have been busting up either, they were as lame as the performance.

The songs are shit. Gaffney's melodies are fucking garbage. Sebadoh 3 really highlights this: when they finally got the grip of the music part and Gaffney's awful melodies and lyrics ruined songs like 'Violet Execution'. Which is great musically and I don't know how he could have fucked up a good guitar line like that so horribly.
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2008, 03:38 AM   #40
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Yes it was me in the washing machine shirt with my 2 friends. It's funny, I was actually debating whether or not I was going to wear that shirt beause it was so hot that day. Glad I did. It was funny telling thurston about the butthole surfers. I was like " Yeah they are playing at Webster hall. I saw Roky Erikson and..... you there actually. "
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth