Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Goodnight, Sweet Prince - atsonicpark extended remix
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2014, 10:46 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.last.fm/music/Scissor+Shock dunno if this works for anyone. I can't seem to on this bullshit iPod I am using
Old 02.05.2014, 10:49 PM   #42
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I have posted this elsewhere, but thought it worthwhile posting it here too:

Quote:
...I have had friends who have battled with substance abuse issues before - including one friend heavily into smack and cocaine, and another into smack and crack cocaine (and another into cocaine who went so far as dealing it too). This is the first time I've had to face the fact of someone I knew actually dying of a drugs overdose. How does anyone even begin to deal with something like this? I don't fucking know - all I know is that someone I considered an online friend has died needlessly and wastefully, and he'll never get to live a fulfilling a creative life, never get to fall in love again, never get to raise a family, never get to feel truly appreciated for who he was - even though everyone who knew him loved him to pieces.

God bless you Adam, and may the angels guide you into the light of eternity. And I hope the total scum who sold him the fucking morphine choke on themselves. Permanently.
Old 02.05.2014, 10:56 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://366weirdmovies.com/adam-coole...t-movies-ever/

Dunno if anyone saw this last year but it is kick-ass. He was someone I really wish I had gotten to meet and know in person. I like people whose every super-string is vibrating at Odd angles to the normal around us. He was like that.
Old 02.05.2014, 10:59 PM   #44
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
it really meant a lot to me cause I never figured myself as someone cool enough to be singled out from all the people on here.

I'd love to help you dispel this, but I truly hope that by now, you've managed to take care of that poison thought on your own.

be the coolest person you know; others be damned.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 10:59 PM   #45
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
who else here worries about Lilly?
Old 02.05.2014, 11:02 PM   #46
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
We had planned to meet for so long. He was supposed to play a show in England and I was going to take the train down to hang out with him. When I told him I'm in the running to move to Japan I told him I was going to pay for him to come out and visit if I ended up living there because he would have loved the country.

It's going to kill me when a new Takeshi Kitano film comes out and he'll never get to see it. It'll be hard watching it and wanting to discuss it with him and never being able to.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:03 PM   #47
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

Melly said the same, I hope she's okay
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:04 PM   #48
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

^^^ PS: ILU
Old 02.05.2014, 11:05 PM   #49
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I've been trying to figure out how to get in touch with her tonight. I haven't got a clue where to start. And yes, given her own past issues on this front, I just hope that she's clean and living a happy anf fulfilling life.
Old 02.05.2014, 11:05 PM   #50
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I'd like to think that she married a hot guy, fell ass backwards into a pile of money and is on top of the world. She was a really strong, charismatic person who was a total bitch in just the right way. She seemed like someone who would make it out of the dreck okay.
Old 02.05.2014, 11:15 PM   #51
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i just wanted to throw in some thoughts about adam. i don't know this is the time or the place but anyway, i'm thinking about him.

i read above that people should remember adam as happy, among other things, but i don't remember him that way. fuck no. adam suffered, and suffered hard. i remember him talking about his dad who was i think a convicted rapist. please correct me if i'm wrong, i'll erase it if i'm wrong, but he couldn't stand the guy. he had some shitty girlfriends too, in his day. some treated him like shit, took advantage of him, shit like that. and then he was sick-- he had some esophagus reflux shit, and i think it was giving him cancer and it was incurable-- i mean, GERD is incurable, and causes cancer. and adam, i remember talking about it, he was often in pain from it. a lot. which is probably why the morphine, i guess.

but see, the great thing about him was that in spite of all that pain he did stuff--- a lot of stuff. and he was a kind person, and generous, and forgiving of everyone-- except maybe for kathleen hanna and courtney love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
SY are just mad because Courtney never returned Kim's thongs.

Before Courtney punched Kathleen Hanna, did she say, "Someday you will ache like I ache... and that day is today!!" *bam*

ha ha ha ha. fucker was hilarious.

but anyway, i almost forgot, shit, what was it, yeah, he wasn't "happy" like that, i think, "la la la, i'm happy", no, fuck no, he had pain, and he had a dark humor to cope with all that, and he didn't have it easy, but he loved art, and liked things intensely, and he would throw himself into his work like nobody i've ever seen. i remember one time, was like over 9 years ago, i mailed him a copy of "diy or die", and i never heard if he received it or watched it or anything, ha ha, but i think in the end he went beyond what those people were doing.

i'm sad to hear he was homeless or something as of late. i remember he had inherited a house (a tiny house, all shitty, worth maybe $20K) and he'd talk here about what he'd do with it, etc. also he had saved some money. so i don't know what happened with him, and maybe it will be a mystery to all of us in the end, but i think he was sick, and in pain, and he self-medicated, and lasted as long as he could. don't know how much to blame the fucked health care system in this country. but esophageal cancer, if that's what he had (i think that's what he had) is a son of a bitch.

and yeah, even if 27 is only 27, i think he did and felt a lot more than most of us could do and feel in 200 years. so i'm not going to look at him with pity or think he was pathetic but instead i'll remember him with a lot of admiration. he had it tough but he coped and lived as best he could and burned fucking bright.

i remember when he put satana in his movie, one day here they are talking and he calls her "a star."

well they same to you, mr adam cooley. you're a star. we'll fucking miss you, but you're not going to be forgotten or disappear.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:17 PM   #52
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

Can't pos rep symbolguy enough.
Old 02.05.2014, 11:18 PM   #53
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
http://www.last.fm/music/Scissor+Shock dunno if this works for anyone. I can't seem to on this bullshit iPod I am using

I just attempted playing Scissor Shock radio and it wound't work.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:20 PM   #54
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i had to rewrite this post after symbols which is totally on the mark.

-

adam had health problems which i dont think are known by very many people here. he had health problems that would necessitate the use of opiates. he had health problems that would make most people just GIVE UP.

the last time i talked to him was i think around 2010. if he was doing drugs towards the end of his life it was because of the legitimate physical and obviously psychic pain.

he seemed a bit burnt out, but not because he was lazy or didn't bother to make things happen in his life, he was burnt out FROM giving SO MUCH to the world and not getting what he deserved back from it. it was always gonna be hard for the rest of us to keep up with someone like that.

anyway, i say all this like i knew the guy better than i did. i dont even think he liked me in the end because i was posting a load of bullshit here and being a mean asshole a lot of the time. not to him but just in general and i know he didnt agree with that because he was a better person than i am.

also, lets not forget that adam was a working class guy like most of the rest of us and we exist only to work and the rest of the time we are surplus to requirements and in this society, we are gonna be preyed upon by the circulators of addiction for the sake of profit. we face lives of such isolation and lack of opportunity that drugs are often the only thing happening. the myth of individual will that can overpower the world and causally determine reality is not exactly accurate. drugs are a part of the nature of our environments and they prey on us unfortunately.

but the things he managed to accomplish! he made everything happen for himself. the energy he had was one in a million.

and as symbol said he was a hilarious guy who always laughed and even when he was sad and suffering, had a way of making you feel good by just talking to him.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:22 PM   #55
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
^^^ PS: ILU

Is that to me? I love you too buddy

Fuck I've changed. Death has taken a serious toll on me and this will too. I probably sound sappy and sentimental as shit but I've had a hell of a time on this board with you crazy fucks and I really do love and care about each of you

Fuck I'm crying again
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:24 PM   #56
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Yes yes symbols and dead battery

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:26 PM   #57
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Is that to me? I love you too buddy

Fuck I've changed. Death has taken a serious toll on me and this will too. I probably sound sappy and sentimental as shit but I've had a hell of a time on this board with you crazy fucks and I really do love and care about each of you

Fuck I'm crying again
Ditto

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:28 PM   #58
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i remember we talked about coming up with a fake band, and writing fake reviews and fake hype and seeing how far we could push it.

do any of you know about how pitchfork REFUSED to review scissor shock because it wasnt on a major label and they only cover bands that payola their hack asses and deliberately exclude independent music to appease their corporate paymasters?

"sunno started out as 2 guys trying to make the brown noise from south park."
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2014, 11:30 PM   #59
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

I think I may have found Lilly online - have sent her a PM telling her about Adam's death.
Old 02.05.2014, 11:30 PM   #60
Derek
invito al cielo

Symbol guy, I can probably address some of the stuff in your post.

His dad wasn't a rapist, though he did do fucked up things because he was a fucked up redneck. It was his stepmom who he claims molested him and abused him.

He had a tumultuous relationship with his girlfriends and I think his separation with his girlfriend Hannah is what started his decline. He loved her even till his death and always secretly wished that she would get together with him again.

He had money saved but he lost his savings through a lawsuit and bail money. He was arrested for driving while drugged up and I think he hit into another car and was arrested? It was something like that. He didn't really go into it with me.

I should also mention, though not to put him down, that Adam embellished a lot of facts about his life. Either to use as humour or as an exaggerated talking point. He's said things to me that contradicted things he's said to me previously. So, you know, take everything he's posted or said in private with a grain of salt. No one really knows how things went down for him.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth