Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2017, 11:51 PM   #48481
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah the NAC is the Niagara Artists Centre in Posiverse. Great Recip Brah!!
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2017, 11:09 AM   #48482
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
EMPTYSET - Demiurge

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2017, 11:13 AM   #48483
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Also the available songs from Borders, which is out tomorrow via Thrill Jockey:

Old 01.26.2017, 03:52 PM   #48484
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
EMPTYSET - Demiurge

oh yeah epmtyset. I heard track Order from their Recur album and had to get the whole album on vinyl. so good. haven't had a time to listen to anything else of theirs. is Demiurge any good?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2017, 04:01 PM   #48485
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses

new by Eric Holm. not as good as Andoya, but still interesting.

Subtext presents Barotrauma by Eric Holm. The source material for Barotrauma was recorded in the
Nordic fjords south of Oslo, an adjunct to Eric Holm’s training at the Norwegian School of Commercial diving (Norsk Yrkesdykkerskole). While he was training world oil prices collapsed, so left with an uncertain future Holm decided to record and film his dives, capturing the lonely calm of his isolation in the dark water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIF2B2THtjc

Old 01.26.2017, 04:06 PM   #48486
greenlight
invito al cielo

wow. young girl Caterina Barbieri.

Vertical is Caterina Barbieri's debut album and it was composed for vocals and Buchla 200 modular synthesizer.
Vertical takes a meditative approach to primary waveforms and the polyrhythm of harmonics, stretching the boundaries between drone, minimalism and techno in multichannel systems. This minimalistic focus arises from the polyrhythmic and stratigraphic potential of voltage-controlled sequencers.

favourite track

https://cassauna.bandcamp.com/album/vertical

Old 01.26.2017, 07:13 PM   #48487
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight

new by Eric Holm. not as good as Andoya, but still interesting.

Subtext presents Barotrauma by Eric Holm. The source material for Barotrauma was recorded in the
Nordic fjords south of Oslo, an adjunct to Eric Holm’s training at the Norwegian School of Commercial diving (Norsk Yrkesdykkerskole). While he was training world oil prices collapsed, so left with an uncertain future Holm decided to record and film his dives, capturing the lonely calm of his isolation in the dark water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIF2B2THtjc

Wha?! I didn't know Eric Holm had a new album out!
Fucking Andøya was just... wow. I didn't give it enough love at first because I was high on Ben Frost's A U R O R A and for some reason I got it into my head that Andøya might be to 2015 what that album was to 2014.

Still, lovely and visionary album.... I need to get my hands on this new joint fast.
Old 01.26.2017, 07:19 PM   #48488
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh yeah epmtyset. I heard track Order from their Recur album and had to get the whole album on vinyl. so good. haven't had a time to listen to anything else of theirs. is Demiurge any good?

Yeah, I quite like it. It's been a while since I've listened to it but hearing the new tracks got me in the mood to pull it out. I would recommend it if you like Emptyset. But then there's a new album coming out tomorrow, so that's what I'd focus on if I were you.

I remember it was, oddly, the artwork that drew me to Demiurge in the first place. I don't have any clue what the critical consensus is on Emptyset... never read about them anywhere other than their product descriptions on Boomkat. I don't know if I've ever spoken to a fellow fan before. Hah.

Btw: if you're generally into this kind of weird shit (Emptyset, Eric Holm, whatever) go to Boomkat if you don't already. Such a great site. Good prices too. They feature almost exclusively fucking amazing music. Not a critic site... just a store, and a Fucking incredible one.
Old 01.27.2017, 06:49 AM   #48489
greenlight
invito al cielo

yeah, I do not know much about Emptyset either, except that they are Bristol based guys involved in lot of interesting projects /some cool projects tho http://emptyset.org.uk/projects and Bristol scene within. as I said I was blown away by their Order track first time I heard it. checked few snippets from Demigure last night /yeah, cool artwork, I can understand that checking out because of artwork thingy/ and it felt pretty similar soundwise. I will check out new one as well. uhmmm, would be interesting seeing them live.

cheers for Bookmat link. I know it. what is pissing me off lately is that shipping cost I have to pay on the top of it. too much money. I mean physical is getting more expensive these days. I love physical espec. vinyl. I actually stopped buying CDs unless it is CD only release, so I am fucked. I am concentrating now on finding a cool record stores in 200 km radius and buy few records in one place with no shipping cost instead of buying them from the internet (I found really good one in Vienna, which is close to my place where I got back after long time and it is brilliant, it has lots of labels I like, all the new stuff, all the elctronica, rock, experimental, obscure, spoken word, everything. but those vinyls are getting more and more expensive. that is why I like to browse through one euro boxes as well and finding some old gems. I will have to explore Vienna more, there must be more interesting record stores around. oh, by the way owner of the shop I mentioned is running Trost label, maybe you heard of it /free jazz stuff - http://www.trost.at/label/artists// and gave me few of their releases for buying good few records. I dont know I am fine with exploring, consuming and percieving music via www. but once in a month or so I just have a day when I start to have cravings for going to record shop browse through records, smell some vinyl, get some vinyl, spend lots of money. like a junkie. seriously. its not good. then I am grand for a while. of fuck I went on my rant).anyway I should find some love with digital releases for fuck sake. but yeah digital...

Old 01.27.2017, 09:06 AM   #48490
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Dissapears - Irreal

not bad. cold and bleak.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2017, 11:33 AM   #48491
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah, I do not know much about Emptyset either, except that they are Bristol based guys involved in lot of interesting projects /some cool projects tho http://emptyset.org.uk/projects and Bristol scene within. as I said I was blown away by their Order track first time I heard it. checked few snippets from Demigure last night /yeah, cool artwork, I can understand that checking out because of artwork thingy/ and it felt pretty similar soundwise. I will check out new one as well. uhmmm, would be interesting seeing them live.

cheers for Bookmat link. I know it. what is pissing me off lately is that shipping cost I have to pay on the top of it. too much money. I mean physical is getting more expensive these days. I love physical espec. vinyl. I actually stopped buying CDs unless it is CD only release, so I am fucked. I am concentrating now on finding a cool record stores in 200 km radius and buy few records in one place with no shipping cost instead of buying them from the internet (I found really good one in Vienna, which is close to my place where I got back after long time and it is brilliant, it has lots of labels I like, all the new stuff, all the elctronica, rock, experimental, obscure, spoken word, everything. but those vinyls are getting more and more expensive. that is why I like to browse through one euro boxes as well and finding some old gems. I will have to explore Vienna more, there must be more interesting record stores around. oh, by the way owner of the shop I mentioned is running Trost label, maybe you heard of it /free jazz stuff - http://www.trost.at/label/artists// and gave me few of their releases for buying good few records. I dont know I am fine with exploring, consuming and percieving music via www. but once in a month or so I just have a day when I start to have cravings for going to record shop browse through records, smell some vinyl, get some vinyl, spend lots of money. like a junkie. seriously. its not good. then I am grand for a while. of fuck I went on my rant).anyway I should find some love with digital releases for fuck sake. but yeah digital...

Oh, you're not in the States... yes, I can see how shopping would be a bitch.

Honestly, the main thing I use Boomkat for is recommendations. I have an account with them and I've bought a shitload of physical music from them, so they have send email recommendations to me based on my past purchases. And because they tend to deal in weirder shit in general, I get a lot more out of their new music recommendations than I do from, say, Apple or Spotify. Both of those services are DESIGNED to bring new/previously unknown music to people, but all they ever suggest is music that, frankly, I'd have to be a moron not to already know.

It's not ALL bad, but usually it's like: "Because you like Sonic Youth, we recommend ... My Bloody Valentine and Jesus & Mary Chain and SWANS and Tortoise"
Or... Because you listen to alternative, check out The Flaming Lips, Melvins, and Wilco

Wow, someone pin a metal on this ^ guy! Whatever would I do without all of this invaluable input?

Boomkat is just a store, but they recommend new releases tha are actually new, and/or not painfully obvious. And I like that you can listen to albums on their website. Not snippets of songs, but full albums. That's cool.

And honestly, I love vinyl, but ever since the vinyl resurgence I've found the entire culture a little suffocating. Also, the industry has taken full advantage of the appetite for vinyl, and prices have gone up a lot. So these days I only buy vinyl if it's a hugely anticipated release, or a special edition of something that I know I will want the ultimate physical document of.

I buy an insane amount of music, but ever since moving to a rural area I've started to rely on digital releases more and more. The closest actual record store is an hour and a half away, and I don't have much patience for sitting around and waiting for things to come in the mail. So digital release are pretty much my default now. They're unexciting and uninspiring, but when new music comes out, I want it, like, yesterday. So I'm resigned to this for the time being. I guess.
Old 01.27.2017, 01:26 PM   #48492
greenlight
invito al cielo

this mix in very same order..

Current 93 - Sleep Has His House
Douglas Quin - 64° 49’ S 64° 02’ W
Russell Haswell - 18:37.59, 2004, Engine Rooms, Brighton (excerpt)
Pete Swanson - Pleasure Averse Options
Raionbashi - Kiefermusik pt. 2
Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft - Coco Pino
James Ruskin - Into A Circle
Relay For Death - (side a excerpt)
Audubon Society Of Rhode Island - (The Songs From Side A Without Any Talking)
Ditterich von Euler/Donnersperg - Der Schnarrkreisel Des Kleinen Fritz
Antonym - Return To Normal
Curve - Coast Is Clear
Genocide Organ - Disobey Ends
Hermann Nitsch - II Satz (excerpt)
Raime - You Will Lift Your Frame Clear
Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Upside Down Left Eye
Shackleton - Blood On My Hands (Ricardo Villalobos' Apocalypso now mix) (excerpt)
Dead Can Dance - Towards The Within
Mammane Sani Et Son Orgue - Kobon Lerai
Sewer Election - Kassettmusik (excerpt)
Eddie Dunstedter - Sophisticated Lady
Rollerskate Skinny - Shallow Thunder
Phurpa - Стослоговая Мантра Бон [Fundamental Mantra Of Bon]
Sword Heaven - Town Hag
Rorschach - Pavlov's Dogs
Incapacitants - The Crowd Inched Closer & Closer (excerpt)
Bernie Green - Futura
Einstürzende Neubauten - Blume (English Version)
The Wolfgang Press - Cut The Tree
Charlemagne Palestine & Christoph Heemann - (side a excerpt)
Labradford - Soft Return
Siouxsie And The Banshees - The Last Beat Of My Heart

Old 01.27.2017, 02:36 PM   #48493
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Dissapears - Irreal

not bad. cold and bleak.

Formidable album.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2017, 04:25 PM   #48494
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
I want to say i've been into Led Zep now, which I am but, it's embarrassing and not cool.

but I've really been digging Yes -Fragile and King Crimson - Red/Discipline.

back to back playing two songs from those albums: Heart of the Sunrise and One More Red Nightmare.

prog proggy prog in yr face. or rather in my face.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2017, 06:25 PM   #48495
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Formidable album.

Yep, and also the Low live album... damn good stuff.
Old 01.29.2017, 06:29 PM   #48496
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2017, 06:30 PM   #48497
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I want to say i've been into Led Zep now, which I am but, it's embarrassing and not cool.

Embarrassing and not cool? Fuck that shit. Nothing is embarrassing! Well, that's entirely untrue but this stuff certainly isn't.

It's all for fun, dude.
Old 01.29.2017, 06:39 PM   #48498
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses

Going through this rather annoying book and listening to stuff I've never heard before and stuff I haven't heard in a while.

Of the letter "A," I think Autoclave is my fav.

I'll keep everyone updated.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2017, 05:25 AM   #48499
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this mix in very same order..

Current 93 - Sleep Has His
HouseDouglas Quin - 64° 49’ S 64° 02’ W
Russell Haswell - 18:37.59, 2004, Engine Rooms, Brighton (excerpt)
Pete Swanson - Pleasure Averse Options
Raionbashi - Kiefermusik pt. 2
Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft - Coco Pino
James Ruskin - Into A Circle
Relay For Death - (side a excerpt)
Audubon Society Of Rhode Island - (The Songs From Side A Without Any Talking)
Ditterich von Euler/Donnersperg - Der Schnarrkreisel Des Kleinen Fritz
Antonym - Return To Normal
Curve - Coast Is Clear
Genocide Organ - Disobey Ends
Hermann Nitsch - II Satz (excerpt)
Raime - You Will Lift Your Frame Clear
Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Upside Down Left Eye
Shackleton - Blood On My Hands (Ricardo Villalobos' Apocalypso now mix) (excerpt)
Dead Can Dance - Towards The Within
Mammane Sani Et Son Orgue - Kobon Lerai
Sewer Election - Kassettmusik (excerpt)
Eddie Dunstedter - Sophisticated Lady
Rollerskate Skinny - Shallow Thunder
Phurpa - Стослоговая Мантра Бон [Fundamental Mantra Of Bon]
Sword Heaven - Town Hag
Rorschach - Pavlov's Dogs
Incapacitants - The Crowd Inched Closer & Closer (excerpt)
Bernie Green - Futura
Einstürzende Neubauten - Blume (English Version)
The Wolfgang Press - Cut The Tree
Charlemagne Palestine & Christoph Heemann - (side a excerpt)
Labradford - Soft Return
Siouxsie And The Banshees - The Last Beat Of My Heart

wow, some great stuff there.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2017, 08:50 PM   #48500
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
yeah that mix is absolutely killer.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1925232523752415242224232424 2425 242624272428243524752525 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth