Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Let's massacre a band volume 4- Animal Collective.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.28.2010, 07:07 PM   #21
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
these are the worst fucking threads on this board. And I mean it. They're counter-intuitive to who we are as a forum. We used to be board that was open-minded and shared things. So why would we want to be a bunch of fucking snarky elistist douchebags that draw lines in the sands of what is cool and what bands the rest of us should be embarrassed to listen to? Unless y'all are planning to send yr resumes to Pitchfork, I suggest we bury these fucking Let's Massacre A Band threads and pretend they never happened. Who's with me?

hahaha, what board have you been on? pretty much every thread where someone big ups a band, it degenerates into the exact same thing. "well i like them" vs. "well you are twat if you do". i think its funny to approach it from the other side. even though it ends up being the exact same fucking thing.
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 07:22 PM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I have nearly 24 times as many posts as you and you're asking which board I've been on? Who extactly are you for that matter?
Old 02.28.2010, 07:38 PM   #23
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
person pitch roooooolz
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 10:00 PM   #24
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have nearly 24 times as many posts as you and you're asking which board I've been on? Who extactly are you for that matter?

just cause i don't post my opinion on every little fucking thing that cames up doesn't i dont see the threads. usually i just have nothing to add to them. ive been on this since 2002 (i think). not that i feel like i have to prove anything to you sir. but really, message boards are not about being the bigger man. its about finding out new shit and arguing and agreeing. say someone says. oh animal collective is just a fucking rip-off this band. then if you didnt know that band, you can ck. em out and figure it out for yourself. its still constructive. c'mon buddy. theres been fighting forever. remember the khchris and atari fights. classic stuff.
Old 02.28.2010, 10:02 PM   #25
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Panda Bear is probably the most tolerable of the bunch. Their popularity is certainly a phenomenon.

Terminal Boredom has the most hilarious AC hate on the entire interwebz.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 10:09 PM   #26
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody

Terminal Boredom has the most hilarious AC hate on the entire interwebz.
Yes!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2010, 10:34 PM   #27
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/i...?topic=15562.0
Old 02.28.2010, 10:41 PM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Also on the same forum I found hilarious the wavves-bashing threads with many pictures of dogs surfing.
Old 02.28.2010, 10:49 PM   #29
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

TB has turned me on to some awesome shit, including stuff right in my backyard that I had no idea about... but there's also a general conservatism/bias towards a certain type of guitar music that is very American. I think it might be a generational/geographical thing as a lot of them are older and from the Midwest.
Old 02.28.2010, 10:55 PM   #30
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Yeah, there are times when I can't be bothered with much of their drug-talking, baseball-watching punk rockers. Generally I like it as a forum, even though there are a number of posters on there who clearly have a massive chip on the shouler when it comes to music that isn't american. All in all is a very good forum, though.
Old 08.19.2012, 07:28 AM   #31
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
I had never heard of ac until merryweather came out, and that album kind of blew me away. These days i listen to strawberry jam more, but mpp has some beautiful moments.
Looking forward to the new album too. I've only heard Today is Supernatural (or whatever its called) and i really liked that
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2012, 10:28 AM   #32
dressedindreams
bad moon rising

dressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant futuredressedindreams has a brilliant future
new album rules.

Im not ashamed of my animal collective fandom, and in fact I'm surprised more people around here don't like them, at least some of their stuff
dressedindreams is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2012, 03:32 PM   #33
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

^wow, did I really say this? Damn I sounded like a total douche. If yr still around MadCap, I seriously apologize for being such a jerk.
Old 08.24.2012, 06:37 PM   #34
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedindreams
new album rules.

Im not ashamed of my animal collective fandom, and in fact I'm surprised more people around here don't like them, at least some of their stuff
YES.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2012, 07:24 PM   #35
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I'm definitely a fan. Except Dance Manate. I hate that album. But the rest, I love.
Old 08.24.2012, 07:40 PM   #36
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Im in the same territory as Cooley, theyre 50% great and 50% terrible

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2012, 08:58 PM   #37
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

Quote:
^wow, did I really say this? Damn I sounded like a total douche. If yr still around MadCap, I seriously apologize for being such a jerk.

haha, i just saw this thread and saw those old posts again. i totally forgot about this, no hard feelings at all old chap **crosses noisreductions off of hit list, puts on lip stick and relaxes**

Old 08.24.2012, 10:08 PM   #38
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
haha, i just saw this thread and saw those old posts again. i totally forgot about this, no hard feelings at all old chap **crosses noisreductions off of hit list, puts on lip stick and relaxes**

"man am I glad I called that guy!"

hahahha

Old 08.24.2012, 11:50 PM   #39
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
prospect hummer was completely perfect and forest gospel is one of my favorite songs of all time but they haven't released anything more than tolerable since then

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2012, 02:06 PM   #40
hypertonic
bad moon rising

hypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asses
I'd say I'm now down to only 70% fandom...

I did get the opportunity to see them at an absolutely great point... 2007 in St. Louis in a basement classroom at Washington University. I live a few hours away, and convinced a friend to try to make it up there last minute. We barely made it in, as it was pretty small and packed... was pretty much already oversold... Tickley Feather was neat opener and AnCo had the sick skeleton backstage setup with glowing eyes and shit...

It was LOUD AS FUCK. I stood a couple feet in front of Panda Bear the whole show while my older techno DJ friend stood in back (big mistake as he later realized it was so loud it actually damaged his ear). AnCo were using the college hallways and resonance as a natural reverb chamber. It was sick. They would ramp up the volume or use vocal sounds to project and you could hear it echoing through the building. It was great. They were loaded. So the fuck what. I posted before but I have the entire performance in 4gb file. The college recorded it pro style. Its on YouTube. The entire performance is very challenging to sit through.

At that point they played SJ stuff and some very early unfinished MPP stuff. For some reason I don't listen to them as much anymore. It just doesn't come to mind. (Maybe I subconsciously assoc them with my ex-girlfriend)

I do prefer their Sung Tongs, and Danse Manatee/Spirit albums. I think if they returned to a more basic album approach they might still have some decent albums I could get into. Dont have to ditch the electronics, but I think their "spirit" comes through more clearly with organic arrangements.

Cobwebs is probably one of my favorite songs.
hypertonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth