Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page gdynia open'er festival
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2007, 08:26 AM   #1
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
I've found some pictures from the open'er festival
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex-pl/show

........still looking for the setlist
anyone?
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 08:29 AM   #2
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Interested too. Was thinking to travel to Poland before, but I turned it down later then.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 01:30 PM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
great pictures. thanks for finding link.

where are polish members to give us some info?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 09:34 AM   #4
vilo
empty page

vilo has tongues queuing up for a rim-festvilo has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
The gig was the best out of all perfomances on this festival. And I'm not saying it as a fan, my friends thought so too. Sonic Youth never played in our country before and they prepared a special setlist for this event. There was a great connection with the audience, Thurston and Lee were very funny with exchanging their phone numbers. The band had so much energy and the crowd was going crazy ! I still see the gig in my head, can't get over it. The setlist was something like this (it's not fully accurate in order I guess but these are the songs they played):

Candle
Incinerate
Reena
Schizophrenia
What A Waste
100% (there was a funny situation when Thurston was playing with the microphone stative and he broke it so he moved to Kim's mic but then his guitar cable got tangled)
'Cross The Breeze
Do You Believe In Rapture ?
Mote
Hey Joni
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
----------
Teenage Riot
Kool Thing (during the song Kim said: "hey, kool thing was are gonna do about, em... George W Bush ? What are you gonna do about the twins ?" people were laughing because the president are the prime minister of our country are twins)
Bull In The Heather
vilo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 10:51 AM   #5
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Schizo ! Hey Joni !! Mote !!!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2007, 12:00 PM   #6
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for the info, sound's like a good show. i'm sure sy enjoyed poland as well.
Old 07.04.2007, 06:43 AM   #7
Sonictooth
empty page

Sonictooth has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Heya,

I travelled from London to Poland for this festival, as SY and Bjork are my favourite artists over everything else.

The energy from this gig was amazing, I've only seen SY once before, which was at the Brixton gig in '04, where I was bang middle at the front. Though as the sets were completely different I don't think it's right to compare. Both were amazing. It was also fun to see crowd surfers, as in the UK most venues (even major festivals) now ban it.

I went nuts when Hey Joni and 'Cross the Breeze came on, as I never thought I'd see those live. My non-SY fan friend said she really enjoyed it too.

It was a stellar gig, and after being there I got a ticket off Ebay for one of the Camden Roundhouse gigs for Daydream Nation in Sept. Felt it would be rude not to see them again this year!
Sonictooth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 11:47 AM   #8
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
photo gallery, but theres no reviews, except "yeah awesome" kind of posts.

http://muzyka.onet.pl/10172,53378,61...5,galerie.html

if you find stuff in polish, i can translate...
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 01:02 PM   #9
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the reviews !
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 02:41 PM   #10
greenlight
invito al cielo

hope czechs wont fall behind and archive everything, how it behoves in these days. pictures, reviews, recordings (well, I'm working on it).

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth