Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Theory of a Young Girl
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2013, 02:27 PM   #81
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Point of view is everything
Old 06.28.2013, 02:39 PM   #82
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
point of view can be reduced to a basic list of neuro-physical/chemical states and a corresponding set of stimuluses, experiences and consumed substances that generate them.

obviously, there's novelty happening on some level. for instance, people in say victorian britain buying cocaine and heroin from pharmacies. people in 00's ny up late on coffee and nootropics and computer hardware, experiencing the new internet culture for the first time. obviously there are slight novelties to this - the psychosis of the first LSD casualties was probably slightly unique in human history since LSD had never been chemically synthesized before. the panic disorders, narcissistic disorders and behaviour that are afflicting our culture now seem slightly novel. in fact, your position has more credence in the past few years since advanced countries have seen spiralling rates of psychosis (and this is a good thing for the economy, technology and novelty). there's obviously more new drugs and ingredients and combinations of such ending up in our bodies than there was at other times in human history. i assume like me you've taken lsd, there's an obvious and noticeable permanent operation in conscious experience for people who have. new molecules entering the human brain technically do make experience new. but none of this is ever going to jump off the spectrum so far its totally individual and transcends everything else.

since the human brain is a machine and the base intensities of experience are the same. all the panic and fear and wonder and joy you've felt is a pretty generic thing.

there is NOTHING in your mind, your thoughts and your experience and even (your soul whatever the fuck that is) that makes you distinct enough to escape the basic package of death/anxiety/suffering/confusion/desire etc.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2013, 02:44 PM   #83
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
death/anxiety/suffering/confusion/desire makes us human
Old 06.28.2013, 02:47 PM   #84
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
animals are the same. and being human counts for exactly jack shit. all the ingredients of your body are all over nature anyway. its mostly non human things. half of your dna is the same as most animals, even plants.

im not hardcore buddhist enough to tell you that plastic coke bottles experience anxiety although i know of at least one person who is.
Old 06.28.2013, 02:49 PM   #85
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

in general, beig in love is being in love. when you get down to specifics, and specifics are what REALLY matter, no two people's love is the same. The variables are near-infinite.
Old 06.28.2013, 02:55 PM   #86
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

nah. its the same generic chemical experience. you can pretend that details like the exact shape of her face or the time on the clock when you farted hilariously make it some sort of twee indie unique lovely warm human life affirming rom com experience that validates your faith in the inexpressible yet vital beauty of life but its just a pair of demented and
decaying corpses fulfilling blind darwinian imperatives clouded by neuro chemical drug hits that string them along like the monstrously sad puppets they are (!)

when you finally die, alone and in agony, there'll be nothing in the void communing with anyones spirit and no eternal film reel of your lifes greatest hits repeating on a loop composed of your ethereal essence.

and btw death IS the ultimate agony because even if you go in your peaceful sleep in a bed, you dont just STOP and fade to black the moment your heart stops beating. the heart stops beating and movement becomes impossible, but you actually experience the slow starvation of your brain as it fails to get any oxygen and its probably something like an extreme panic attack times a fucking million. the myth of a peaceful death is just that - a myth, and although the death might seem peaceful to outside observers thats only because you cant move and are trapped inside your dying brain. this is what scientists say btw, not just my own stupid ramblings. they say its painful and not peaceful like we might hope. and they tend to underestimate suffering when they describe it so as to sound professional!

(sorry btw im finished now).
Old 06.28.2013, 03:16 PM   #87
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Old 06.28.2013, 03:25 PM   #88
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

someone needs a hug

death is as varied as life is. If your head is exploded you will die instantly. If you get your heart ripped out like in Temple of Doom you will live long enough to see the shaman hold your heart up for all to see.
Old 06.28.2013, 03:26 PM   #89
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I always try to trod upon the dwarf of ignorance
Old 06.28.2013, 05:00 PM   #90
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

seriously though - there is NO SHAME in not being political and just being a consumer

There may be no shame to it (although shame on anyone if that's all they do or all they hope to do) but what if you don't have the money to actually participate in the consumer society? Shopping centres etc aren't much fun if you're on the dole. And I tend to think even those few who can afford to shop non-stop aren't the happiest of people. Have you ever seen Victoria Beckham smile, at least in a way that makes her appear happy?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2013, 05:05 PM   #91
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

fuck happiness jesus fucking christ what is this

what the fuck am i even

if thats what you think based on what i said i dont even
Old 06.28.2013, 09:35 PM   #92
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, I misunderstood your point but you don't exactly make it easy.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2013, 11:25 PM   #93
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth