Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Favorite Ghostface album?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.05.2009, 03:27 PM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
SUPREME and FISHSCALE is what I figured most would say.
Old 06.05.2009, 11:09 PM   #22
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
ironman for sho
Old 06.06.2009, 10:21 AM   #23
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
NOONE said bulletproof wallets? come on...its not bad....theres some crazy shit on there, and it definitely makes sense as the bridge between clientele and pretty tony
Old 06.06.2009, 11:58 AM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I think BULLETPROOF WALLETS and BIG DOE REHAB are the weakest in his discography.
Old 06.10.2009, 05:52 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yo, check these up top murderous
Snowy in the bezzle as the cloud merges
F.B.I. try and want word with this
Kid who punked out bust a shot uip in the becon
Catch me in the corner not speakin
Crushed out heavenly, U.G. rock the sweet daddy long fox minks
Chicken and brocolli, Wally's look stinky
With his man straight from Raleigh Durham, he recognized Kojak
I slapped him five, Masta Killa cracked his tiny form
E'rybody break bread, huddle around
Guzzle that, I'm about to throw a hand in your bag
Since the face been revealed, game got real
Radio been gassin niggaz, my imposters scream they ill
I'm the inventor, '86 rhymin at the center
Debut '93 LP told you to Enter
Punk faggot niggaz stealin my light
Crawl up in the bed with grandma,
beneath the La-Z-Boy where ya hid ya knife
Ghost is back, stretch Cadillacs, fruit cocktails
Hit the shells at Paul's Pastry Rack
Walk with me like Darthy tried to judge these
plush degrees, said the cow, wrap the fees
Gettin waxed all through the drive-thru
Take the stand, throw my hand all on the Bible
and tell lies too, I'm the ultimate
splash the Wolverine Razor Sharp ring, dolomite
student in role holdin it
Aiyyo, this rappin's like Ziti, facin me real TV
Crash at high-speeds, strawberry, kiwi
As we approach, yo herb, the Gods bail
These Staten Island ferryboat cats bail
Fresh cellies, 50 thief up in the city
We banned for life, Apollo kids live to spit the real
A pair of bright phat yellow Air Max
Hit the racks, stack 'em up Son, $20 off no tax
Street merchant tucked in the cloud, stay splurgin
Rock a eagle head, 6-inch height was the bird
Monday night Dallas verse Jets, dudes slid in with one hand
Two culture-ciphers, one bag of wet
Heavy rain fucked my kicks up
Wasn't lookin, splashed in the puddle
Bitch laughin, first thought was beat the bitch up
Mossied off gracefully, New York's most wanted tee-ball hawk
Seen the yellow brick road, lust of pastries
Same Ghostface, holy in the mind
Last scene: Manhatten Chase
We drew the six-eight digit in the briefcase
Rawness, title is Hell-bound
Quick to reload around faces, surround look astound

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 06:43 PM   #26
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

This one blew me away when it first came out.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 06:49 PM   #27
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^ I love Fishscale. But as previously mentioned, PRETTY TONY is really my fav. So this one was kind of not as good to me when I first got it. Don't get me wrong. It's great, but the multiple producers makes it have a more scattered feel than the very thematic-ness of PT.
Old 07.03.2009, 09:50 AM   #28
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
Haha probably one of my problems with finding it is that I've been thinking it was called Sunshine. Thanks for the info.!
I have a twelve inch with this and some stuff from bulletproof wallets on. great tune. quite bonkers.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 09:54 AM   #29
noisereductions
invito al cielo

The best part in "The Sun" is when he says "You can't stare at him long, cos your face'll do like this"... the way he is basically saying "look at my face to see what I mean" and you can actually visualize that without thinking about it. Y'know? That to me is a perfect example of why GK is an amazing lyricist.
Old 07.03.2009, 09:57 AM   #30
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Iron Man>Pretty Tony>Supreme>Fishscale
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2009, 05:45 PM   #31
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
iron man. thrn supreme. the rest are shit apart from a couple trakscssss
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2009, 03:38 PM   #32
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
iron man. thrn supreme. the rest are shit apart from a couple trakscssss

so wrong.
Old 07.04.2009, 06:28 PM   #33
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like RnB pop shite.
Old 07.05.2009, 11:53 AM   #34
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I don't like RnB pop shite.

which is fine, and really doesn't make yr point.
Old 07.05.2009, 05:37 PM   #35
Diesel
the destroyed room

I think it explains my point perectly: every album after supreme contains songs written specifically to acheive pop chart success. For example - Tush, Back like that, Never be the same again, Ghostshowers.. etc etc.... Ghost admits this himself. It's RapnBullshit which is a shame considering the wu were against such fucking tripe. Sad hypocrites
Old 07.05.2009, 07:45 PM   #36
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Whatever you say. Though "Tush" is a (somewhat) weak track, PRETTY TONY is a brilliant record. I'm not missing out on anything, so...
Old 04.11.2010, 05:09 PM   #37
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
not a ghost album, but his rap on "cash still rules", first time I heard that it gave me chills (how it just cuts out)/

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 01:55 AM   #38
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to "Supreme Clientele" along with the other Wu Tang records literally almost daily in high school. Nothing was better than aimlessly driving around stoned as shit listening to those records.

"Nutmeg" is one of hip hop's great opening tracks.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 07:05 AM   #39
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
not a ghost album, but his rap on "cash still rules", first time I heard that it gave me chills (how it just cuts out)/

If we're doing Ghostface raps on other Wu album, I frequently am just ASTOUNDED by how good he is on I Can't Go To Sleep, especially in the video, where you can see him apparently on the verge of tears as he spits. Love love love that track.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2010, 07:29 AM   #40
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
ive really only heard 2. iron man and big doe rehab.

i love iron man but big doe rehab is weak aside from yolanda's house which is one of my most favorite hip hop songs ever.

i generally hate it when people make beats with electric guitars trying to get that rock sound. hate it. there are a few of those on big doe...

also the beat that uses the i will survive sample(?) on big doe rehab. i cant even get through the first 10 seconds of that.

ill have to check out all of the other ghost face records that yall have been mentioning.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth