Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Family Guy creator to revive Flintstones
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.17.2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...or-flintstones

Quote:
Family Guy creator to revive Flintstones

Seth MacFarlane to create new version of classic animated series that originally ran in US from 1960 to 1966

Is Seth MacFarlane's Flintstones revival a good idea?

•  
    Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane is to revive the Flintstones. Photograph: Cine Text/Allstar

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones ... again. The prehistoric cartoon series featuring Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble is being revived by the creator of Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane.
    The new version of the animated series, which originally ran in the US on ABC between 1960 and 1966 – and has been repeated virtually ever since – will air on Rupert Murdoch's Fox network.
    MacFarlane promised a modern take on the show featuring the adventures of Fred and Wilma, their neighbours Barney and Betty, and their children Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm.
    "What's the animal version of the iPod? That's the kind of thing we have to think about," said MacFarlane.
    "One of the first things that I drew when I was two years old was Fred Flintstone," he added. "So it's appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."
    Fans will be hoping the new version of the show is better than the 1994 big-screen spin-off starring John Goodman which prompted the review: "Yabba-dabba-don't". However, the film grossed $358m worldwide at the box office, according to IMDb.
    Fox said production on the show would begin immediately with it due to debut on the network on 2013.
    "Fox has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air," Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told the Hollywood Reporter.
    Heavily influenced by the Flintstones' original producers Hanna-Barbera – for whom he was an animator and writer – MacFarlane's Family Guy debuted on Fox in 1999.
    He went on to co-create American Dad!, as well as Family Guy spin-off, The Cleveland Show. All of the shows air on Fox.
    The Flintstones will be jointly produced by Fox and Warner Bros.

I can't say that I've really been a fan of MacFarlane's work since he stopped doing Dexter's Lab/Johnny Bravo/Cow & Chicken... but I am a Flinstones fan.

So maybe, just maybe, he can get this right.

Whaddaya guys think?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I like Seth MacFarlane as a person but he is a shitty writer (besides the occasional cartoon network cartoon).
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2011, 12:08 PM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I like Seth MacFarlane as a person but he is a shitty writer (besides the occasional cartoon network cartoon).
why? is he a friend of your family, guy??????

I look at this as "another perfectly good reason to never watch tv".

ITT: The Devil's Lantern
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I've read interviews and he seems like a friendly, smart person who's into a bunch of cool stuff.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2011, 12:21 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
well, sure, but so do I.

I mean, how do you know that he doesn't kill newborn kittens while they sleep, purring away, dreaming sweet kitten dreams, only to wake up in a bag, floating down the river???????

you might think I'm a horrible person for posting about the McFarlane-related deaths of God's littlest angels, but the fact of the matter is it's TRUE.

this man is responsible for the death of hundreds, nay, thousands of mewling lovebugs.

shame on you for supporting a monster like that.

shame, Derek. shame.
Old 05.17.2011, 12:59 PM   #6
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

yessir. cockblogged by character limit. pardon quote format. thumbs ahoy.
Old 05.17.2011, 01:49 PM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

that looks a lot better than the flintstonez.
Old 05.18.2011, 06:47 AM   #8
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Probably one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth