Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Text of Light.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.12.2006, 02:43 PM   #1
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
I just bought the ToL boxset and it's fucking amzing especially cd3). I was just wondering if there's any material on their self titled cd that isnt covered on the boxset. I'm going to place a cd order soon and wondering if i should buy it.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2006, 02:54 PM   #2
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
Hi, TEXT OF LIGHT (STAR 024CD) contains:

Quintet (AL/LR/UK/WH/O): 052202 Tonic 35:17
Trio (AL/LR/O): 091502 Anthology film archives 26:06
Quartet: (AL/LR/WH/CM): 082301 Knitting factory 9:06

I have updated the ToL website some weeks ago with the complete gigography and music on pictures and I have to add details to the 'records' section soon.....then...a new recording is coming out, it's a live in Pordenone Italy 2005 called 'Un pranzo favoloso' a fabulous lunch on Nail Records
Old 10.17.2006, 03:07 PM   #3
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
I just bought the ToL boxset and it's fucking amzing especially cd3).

Is uploading this box-set possible? I would LOVE, a bsolutely LOVE to hear that box-set. Ever since I heard of it's release, I wanted to hear it. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssse eeeeeeee
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2006, 04:08 PM   #5
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
if it is so good you should feel somewhat sated. just enjoy the box set for now...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2006, 04:18 PM   #6
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by next step
I have updated the ToL website some weeks ago with the complete gigography and music on pictures and I have to add details to the 'records' section soon.....then...a new recording is coming out, it's a live in Pordenone Italy 2005 called 'Un pranzo favoloso' a fabulous lunch on Nail Records

great news, thanks.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2006, 04:39 PM   #7
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
Glad that you like the news, and yes I read on the other thread Mr Rappard typed an other interesting thing: they are working on a good dutch recording made by Rappard himself a couple of years ago....anyway this evening I updated the record page with many details about records, here a link again: http://sonicyouth.com/dotsonics/lee/text/index.html
Old 12.31.2006, 11:54 AM   #8
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by next step
Glad that you like the news, and yes I read on the other thread Mr Rappard typed an other interesting thing: they are working on a good dutch recording made by Rappard himself a couple of years ago....anyway this evening I updated the record page with many details about records, here a link again: http://sonicyouth.com/dotsonics/lee/text/index.html
It's out: http://room40.org/releases-textoflight.shtml.
rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2006, 12:24 PM   #9
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
does anyone else not like ToL?
overly pretentious boring noise made by old fucks with a shit load of expensive equipment they spent thousands on to make unoriginal and uninspired sounds. They improvise? wow, they also fucking blow. its not new or anything, its just shit.
Old 12.31.2006, 01:30 PM   #10
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
I just bought the ToL boxset and it's fucking amzing especially cd3). I was just wondering if there's any material on their self titled cd that isnt covered on the boxset. I'm going to place a cd order soon and wondering if i should buy it.

This is where I reply that I witenessed CD 3 live. It was recorded in Dundee. One of the best live things I ever saw, no doubt.
Old 12.31.2006, 02:15 PM   #11
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
overly pretentious boring noise made by old fucks with a shit load of expensive equipment they spent thousands on to make unoriginal and uninspired sounds. They improvise? wow, they also fucking blow. its not new or anything, its just shit.

wow, and knowing your displeasure in ToL, you felt the need to tell us in this thread?
ah you can do what you want, but i suggest getting a life...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2006, 08:20 PM   #12
Marfloth
bad moon rising

Marfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant futureMarfloth has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h

Could you be anymore offensive?. Trust me, if you listen to the songs numerous times, they get/feel better. its like Prog-rock. I didn't really like Genesis's 'Suppers Ready' the first time. but, by the 4th when i knew all the lyrics and sections i rate it as the greatest song in the history of mankind.
Marfloth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2006, 09:35 PM   #13
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfloth
Trust me, if you listen to the songs numerous times, they get/feel better. its like Prog-rock. I didn't really like Genesis's 'Suppers Ready' the first time. but, by the 4th when i knew all the lyrics and sections i rate it as the greatest song in the history of mankind.

what??

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth