Jams run free
Pink steam
---------
Leaky lifeboat
anti-orgasm
---------
nature scene
teenage riot

you'll see pro-footage of the show very soon according to same guys that were filming (legally) the show
rockst_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2009, 10:51 PM   #22
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks!
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2009, 10:58 PM   #23
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
cheers!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 01:58 AM   #24
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Yes!!
To be honest (and optimistic) I was kinda glad no italian dates were scheduled (yet...hopefully) coz I thought they'd play some more song from the new album later on...looks like I was right. Ok, now you can announce italian dates, thanks .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 02:59 AM   #25
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockst_
you'll see pro-footage of the show very soon according to same guys that were filming (legally) the show

wow. didn't noticed that. what do you mean? where we can see that?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 04:30 AM   #26
rockst_
empty page

rockst_ has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
wow. didn't noticed that. what do you mean? where we can see that?

yes, they were slightly on the right, near the way for the smoking area...
anyway I don't know where we can see that
they just told me that they'll make a dvd of the show
rockst_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 09:42 AM   #27
Poor Immigrant
empty page

Poor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's asses
Great show, favorite parts: Tom Violence, Making the nature scene, the new songs (especially Anti-Orgasm) and the fact that they did two encores!
Old 05.28.2009, 10:20 AM   #28
lukin
bad moon rising

lukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asses
This was so good. The band was in excellent mood chearing and conversate with the audience.
The band looked pretty tired aswell, i guess the arrived the same day so a little bit jetlaged.

really cool to hear leaky lifeboat and anti orgasm, Thurston fucked up the intro to anti orgasm and was therefore called it the jet leged version of anti orgasm. But they weren´t really rehearsed on thoose songs, so in a few shows they will nailed them.

As always tom violence, the sprawl, cross the breeze is so great to hear and the new songs sacred trickster, no way, antenna and calming the snake just getting better and better

After teenage riot thurston and lee jumped in the audience with the guitar and messing around for about 5 minutes, you could tell they were enjoying every second of the show.
Kim actually smiled alot=)

The cameras were the same as in munich so maybe a tour movie is on the works?

In a few hours it´s time again, this time with a 16 years old crowd So hope they blowe their brains out=)
lukin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 05:49 PM   #29
Poor Immigrant
empty page

Poor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah, I forgot. I saw the whole band at the Malmö train station, apparently they took the train to the next gig - it's a half hour or so - and I have to admit I got a bit star strucked. I know that makes me uncool but it was amazing seeing them casually walking around.
Old 05.28.2009, 05:51 PM   #30
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Were you the only person at the train station who recognised them?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2009, 12:35 AM   #31
Poor Immigrant
empty page

It was my friends who saw them first, first came Lee who was standing around casualy looking at the arrivals and departures. Then after a while the rest of the band appeared with two other guys who must have been management or security (do they have security?) Judging from what I saw they could walk freely around (they took their time and Lee bought tickets and talked with people who worked there) without being approached by fans or whatever. There must have been people there who where going to the siesta-festival, so they must have been recognised; but as I said nobody approached them. Which is kinda cool.
Old 05.29.2009, 07:33 AM   #32
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not the sort of person who zealously approaches famous people when spotted. If I saw Sonic Youth at the Malmo train station, I'd just think to myself: "Hey! Sonic Youth's over there."
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2009, 07:53 AM   #33
nico99
little trouble girl

nico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's asses
Highlights from the show att Siesta: Thurston telling the crowd about the new record they have coming out: "It's called Anti-Christ".

Schizofrenia was hot and Expressway a perfect closer. Before the last "to yr skull" Thurston was silent, he picked his fingernails, then said: "This is for Stephen Malkamus" then he sung the last line and they perfermed a long nice noise part. Thurston threw his guitar over the edge of the scene, pulled it back in the cord and then he jumped into the audience, put the guitar into the crowed and had to fight to get it back.

They had a really good time by the looks of it. Before Anti-Orgasm, Thurston said "Cross your fingers"... They didn't fuck it up this time.
nico99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2009, 05:38 PM   #34
lukin
bad moon rising

lukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asseslukin kicks all y'all's asses
Set list:
Teenage riot*
Hey joni*
No way
Calming the snake
Antenna
Schizphrenia*
Sacred trickster
Anti orgasm
Leaky lifeboat
Jams run free*
What we know*
Pink steam*
--------
Expressway*

The songs that have the * is in correct order

A really great gig, they weren´t on fire like in Malmö, just basically do their jobs, but when Sonic to their jobs it´s never bad!
Schizophrenia was really great this night + the finishing with expressway, so powerful! And I now adore no way, sacred trickster and antenna.

The crowd was pretty crazy during the first song, but then it all calm down. I don´t sonic youth had alot of fans, but the got great responding from the audience.

When I was walking home after the show, I saw the whole band rushing to something, I shoke hand with steve and told kim how great they where tonight. The give me a smile and then rushed on. I guess they was catching the last train or something=)
lukin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 04:25 AM   #35
nico99
little trouble girl

nico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's assesnico99 kicks all y'all's asses
The end of Expressway at Siesta Festival. Thurston biting cameras...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUqd4uKojHQ
Old 06.02.2009, 02:14 PM   #36
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TooBBiZTNKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8FZX6-a2_E&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ua1TmiaYE&feature=channel

The speculations about the filming at malmö gig for a tour video are not true. it's for the swedish program 'kobra', who did interviews w/ kim, lee and thurston. don't know when they broadcast.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 03:14 AM   #37
nico99
little trouble girl

Every Sonic Youth gig I've been to has been filmed professionally, more or less. Footage rarely surfaces. Kobra is a Swedish culture TV-show. It can have some pretty hot stuff featured sometimes. I'm guessing the clip with Sonic Youth will focus on Sensational Fix since this exhibition is getting A LOT of media coverage over here. Kobra can been seen on www.svt.se/kobra
Old 06.03.2009, 09:59 AM   #38
nameless91
empty page

nameless91 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
What a great show that was ... probably the best Sonic night Ive ever been to, even though it might still compare with my (up to this Malmö gig) alltime favorite 12/16/06 (Berlin) show.
Does anyone know of any tapers (audio and/or video)? And what the hell was that loud fuzzy sound at the end of the show madness? To me it sounded like a thrown & destroyed beer, but my girlfriend thought part of the lightning system might have crushed due to Thur/Lee guitar madness ... ??!
nameless91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 01:39 PM   #39
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless91
And what the hell was that loud fuzzy sound at the end of the show madness? To me it sounded like a thrown & destroyed beer, but my girlfriend thought part of the lightning system might have crushed due to Thur/Lee guitar madness ... ??!

Lee's guitar broke one of the lamps when they shoved them guitars to the ceiling.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth