Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sensational Fix - Book
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.09.2009, 02:34 PM   #181
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
thanks.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2009, 02:41 PM   #182
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
that yellow Sonic Youth poster from Prague is from my archives! I'm happy it is in da book. got there through poster thread in sonic sharing section via Habib. design by Peter Novak. cool!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2009, 02:44 PM   #183
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
so peter novak should get the credit for it?
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2009, 04:04 PM   #184
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
it's alright like that

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 03:12 AM   #185
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
One of the 2 copies I ordered from Amazon arrived yesterday.
It's the English only version, which I was hoping for.
Only time will tell if I get the other one...
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2009, 05:46 PM   #186
Casey Burns
empty page

Casey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's assesCasey Burns kicks all y'all's asses
I was just informed by amazon that they can't fill my order for the sensational fix book that i placed a month ago. if anyone has any leads on a copy, please let me know. I know that three of my poster designs are in the book because a friend sent me snapshots. So, clearly I'd love to have a copy of the book. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give me.

www.facebook.com/caseyburnsart
www.twitter.com/caseyburnsart
Casey Burns is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2009, 05:50 PM   #187
sarramkrop

http://www.londonnet.co.uk/listings/...icestersquare/

give them a call
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 08:20 AM   #188
the red terror
empty page

the red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Burns
I was just informed by amazon that they can't fill my order for the sensational fix book that I placed a month ago. if anyone has any leads on a copy, please let me know. I know that three of my poster designs are in the book because a friend sent me snapshots. So, clearly I'd love to have a copy of the book. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give me.

I ordered the book through Amazon, sheesh, six months ago, and just got message from Amazon that the order has now been cancelled. Abject disappointment, and utterlyy embarrassing service from both Amazon and book publisher. I was feeling really angry until I saw your post Casey, I have those posters and love 'em, and I'm thinkin', sheeeeit, if one of the artists can't get his hands on the book, then what are the chances I'll get a copy I've been waiting a half-year to receive?

Is there a dealer in North America that sells this book?
the red terror is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 08:23 AM   #189
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^same thing happened to me. I pre-ordered mine thru Amazon as soon as it was announced.
Old 06.15.2009, 09:22 AM   #190
skipvacuum
stalker

skipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's assesskipvacuum kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
^same thing happened to me. I pre-ordered mine thru Amazon as soon as it was announced.

really...i preordered mine from amazon too...they kept sending emails with delays but it eventually showed up...i'm not rubbing it in or anything..i'm just surprised...i usually lose out on stuff like this......oh well
Old 06.15.2009, 09:35 AM   #191
the red terror
empty page

the red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's asses
I made the mistake of pre-ordering the minute it was posted thru the Amazon.ca website. (I live in Canada.) I know a couple people who ordered the book thru Amazon.com - the parent American company - months after I pre-ordered through the Canadian site, and they received their books.

I was pisssed and made a phone call.

I was told that the pre-orders are "first in line" of priority.

It's hard to accept that, however, when customers who pre-ordered get their orders cancelled six months later, whereas others who didn't pre-order and waited a few months got their orders filled 'n shipped.

What was more alarming to me was to learn from the customer rep that Amazon.com and Amazon.ca are, quote, "two completely different companies."

H'uh?

I pressed the woman and said, okay, in future, is it now advisable that when ordering anything through Amazon, that I order it from *both* the Canadian and U.S. sites, to ensure the best chance of getting my ordered filled?

She said she could not verify but would not advise it.

I followed that up and asked if I did it that way, and received both orders, that I could then return the one order for a full refund. Again, she could not verify, so I asked to speak to her supervisor.

The supervisor qualified the rep's earlier comment, saying that Amazon is the corporate parent company in Seattle, but that the two different websites are alike in name only, and that they are, quote "two separate entities" with different inventories and different suppliers and different distribution and no interraction between the other.

Wow. Who knew?

I asked if the blame here belonged to the publisher or Amazon. I asked rhetorically that if I'm pre-ordering months in advance, then Amazon should have an idea about interest and place an appropriate order with the publisher, yes? And the publisher should have a clue as to how many copies to ship to Amazon, no? Why else, I asked, are you accepting pre-orders on the title. Never got anything close to an answer. (As has been said of Don King years ago, how can you trust a man who doesn't stop talking when you can't understand anything they say?)

I then pressed the supervisor the same question above, whether as a personal customer policy I should be ordering from both sites and getting a full refund on a return should I receive both orders. She waffled, hemmed & hawwed, and again would not verify, telling me to get in contact with Seattle, Washington if I needed a straight answer. (Nice dodge - she wouldn't patch me through - then again, they are "two separate entities" - and wants me to do the leg work... it started to feel like a game of chess and I was putting her in to a "Check" position.)

I think the fact that neither the customer service rep, nor her supervisoor, would make a firm denial, kind've confirms my answer. "Check Mate." From now on, *if* I order through Amazon again, I will order through both sites, and I will be making returns if I receive both shipments.

That'll increase the chances my orders are filled, regardless of which "separate entity" takes my order, and maybe, just maybe, it'll make them reconsider their lunacy and wake some customers up to the fiction that they are the same company.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest.
Old 06.15.2009, 10:06 AM   #192
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^I don't know who you are, but that was a fantastic post!
Old 06.15.2009, 05:30 PM   #193
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Let it all out, man.

I've had a copy of Sensational Fix for about a month now, thanks to the kindest person on this board, but I've yet to open the shrinkwrap because I keep forgetting to cancel my original online order first!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 08:47 PM   #194
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
I think that sy/editor didn't realize that that family tree came from you.
Did anybody else see his uncredited work in the book? The plan is to give credit to everyone who deserves it on the next editions.
i have lots of uncredited stuff in the book. there are also instances where collaborative works are assigned to only 1 individual. i think it was put together more as a visceral, impressionistic scrapbook than a definitive "catalog." it's always a little weird to see your stuff pop up randomly in art/design survey books--especially if they're associated with publishers/bands/curators/organizations you respect, but it is what it is. in the end, it's always just flattering to have been included. besides--with the availability and ubiquity of the internet, it's easy to set the record straight on stuff and assign ownership. not the end of the world.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2009, 10:55 PM   #195
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
To anyone who is totally desperate, Walther Koenig (the book's publisher) had at least two copies in stock in its store in central London on Charing Cross Road earlier this week, and will ship if asked nicely. Their telephone number is 020 7240 8190.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 10:14 AM   #196
the red terror
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
To anyone who is totally desperate, Walther Koenig (the book's publisher) had at least two copies in stock in its store in central London on Charing Cross Road earlier this week, and will ship if asked nicely. Their telephone number is 020 7240 8190.

Ask nicely? At this point I'd prefer to politely tell Walther Koenig and/or the reps speaking on his behalf to stick it up their arse. I apologise if that sounds hostile, but that's the way I feel. I've already told Amazon to stuff it up theirs, and they're blaming the publisher, who offered distribution thru Amazon. Amazon took pre-orders, but Koenig didn't feel obliged to fill them, which fucked over a lot of SY fans. Buyers who are "totally desperate" patiently waited months, and got repeated stiff-arms and assurances that it'll be coming. If Matador issued the same pre-order for The Eternal (and they kinda did), and then didn't issue the record at the date specified, then delayed, prevaricated, dragged their heels, made excuses, and didn't fill the outstanding supposedly-prioritized original pre-orders, yet somehow later filled a few late ones and told me to find another outlet across an ocean, I'd think the record company was running an amateur hour and would be equally pissed, thinking Matador promised something they couldn't deliver. Bottomline, for me: Koenig didn't deliver. Fool me once...
Old 06.16.2009, 12:10 PM   #197
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you should have ordered your copy straight from the publisher, I did and I got my copy in early march.
Anyway, there will be second pressing with colored vinyls. At some point.
Old 06.16.2009, 12:26 PM   #198
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
It's still kinda weird that a good publisher (lots of niiiiiiiice art books) and a BIG store couldn't get things straight on some level...

dunno where the thing got wrong in the chain, but it's weird to have that many problems for a publication that's known to be printed in limited supplies from the start...I mean, there will be, say, 1000 copies, it's obvious that the publisher can't sell 3000 to amazon, and it's obvious that amazon can't take 3000 preorders...still, that kinda looks like what happened, because some got their copies, some got their order cancelled after months...mah!

I'm glad I have my 2 copies ....
but yes, any updates on the colored 7" pressing?

mah.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 12:52 PM   #199
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the red terror
Buyers who are "totally desperate" patiently waited months, and got repeated stiff-arms and assurances that it'll be coming. If Matador issued the same pre-order for The Eternal (and they kinda did), and then didn't issue the record at the date specified, then delayed, prevaricated, dragged their heels, made excuses, and didn't fill the outstanding supposedly-prioritized original pre-orders

Heh. Funny that - I got my copy of Sensational Fix 4 days after placing my order on Amazon, but I'm still waiting for my copy of The Eternal that was paid for 2 months ago to show up, and it's now a week and a half after the supposed release date.
Swings & roundabouts, eh?
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 12:58 PM   #200
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the red terror
Ask nicely? At this point I'd prefer to politely tell Walther Koenig and/or the reps speaking on his behalf to stick it up their arse. I apologise if that sounds hostile, but that's the way I feel. I've already told Amazon to stuff it up theirs, and they're blaming the publisher, who offered distribution thru Amazon. Amazon took pre-orders, but Koenig didn't feel obliged to fill them, which fucked over a lot of SY fans. Buyers who are "totally desperate" patiently waited months, and got repeated stiff-arms and assurances that it'll be coming. If Matador issued the same pre-order for The Eternal (and they kinda did), and then didn't issue the record at the date specified, then delayed, prevaricated, dragged their heels, made excuses, and didn't fill the outstanding supposedly-prioritized original pre-orders, yet somehow later filled a few late ones and told me to find another outlet across an ocean, I'd think the record company was running an amateur hour and would be equally pissed, thinking Matador promised something they couldn't deliver. Bottomline, for me: Koenig didn't deliver. Fool me once...

Take one, twice daily.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth