Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.19.2018, 10:58 AM   #10601
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i gotta say so far not disappointed with this fucking prem ha ha ha
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2018, 11:01 AM   #10602
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
not excited about today’s matches as the even one is between who? and the others are gonna be a bunch of bullying the little guy i assume.

i might have them on while house chores occur tho. just to get used to the names

fuck you, chores..
Old 08.19.2018, 11:05 AM   #10603
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
What are the odds on Jose making at least two changes at half time. MU's defence makes WH's look like Atletico Madrid's.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2018, 11:11 AM   #10604
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i gotta say so far not disappointed with this fucking prem ha ha ha

Awesome And we've still got Liverpool to come tomorrow.
Old 08.20.2018, 09:37 AM   #10605
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Awesome And we've still got Liverpool to come tomorrow.
im trying to do a bunch of stuff this morning so i can take a “big lunch” (1 to 3 pm, ha ha ha)
Old 08.20.2018, 10:51 AM   #10606
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I think Liverpool will win, but Palace look decent and should make a game of it. Gonna be a good one I think.
Old 08.20.2018, 02:48 PM   #10607
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Was right. Very tight so far. Penalty looks legit but Palace unlucky to be a goal down. Excellent game.
Old 08.20.2018, 02:59 PM   #10608
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

o man got busy totally spaced it. starting for 2nd half

--

cp looks like barcelona!

oh and there's that man with the nice suits wassisname

something with an n and a k?

i forget. he was england's coach?

--

hodgson!

son of hodge (not podge)

[i thought it was warNocK or redKNapp]

btw per my stats thing in the app cp's shots and shots on target climbing rapidly
Old 08.20.2018, 03:53 PM   #10609
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Really great game. Score flattered Liverpool. Palace were excellent.
Old 08.20.2018, 03:55 PM   #10610
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i fuckin hate that the ramos wannabe pushed mo salah and we missed witnessing another great goal—again!

let salah be salah

karius was exiled to turkey huh? damn harsh
Old 08.20.2018, 07:51 PM   #10611
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
All this reminds me, there's that fly on the wall series about MC' just released. Haven't seen it yet, just the trailers, but it looks like a must-watch.

yeah they have it here on amazon, just watched the first episode, it cracked me up because pep sounds and talks exactly like gael garcia bernal as maestro rodrigo in “mozart in the jungle” haa haaa haaa
Old 08.22.2018, 07:16 AM   #10612
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Just a heads up. If you're looking for the big game next week, it's definitely Man U - Spurs on Monday night (8pm GMT). The result won't be key but if Mourinho doesn't get a performance from his players (especially against title rivals) he'll really be on the brink. But I'm having my doubts about Spurs too. Maybe it's the WC hangover but they've looked a bit stale so far. This'll be the 1st really 'big' game, I think, in terms of potential consequences.
Old 08.22.2018, 01:18 PM   #10613
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

alright i'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

especially after what i saw yesterday...

so, been watching the ALL OR NOTHING man city documentary on amazon. it's from last year's campagin (so far anyway).

first episode is about building the team (and mourinho on van bruyne), second episode about the man u rivalry (and mourinho's interviews), third episode is about their undefeated streak up to the new year’s defeat against liverpool...

and yea it's been fucking great. i'm learning a lot, seeing a lot, understanding a lot.

one of the great treats has been to see the various silva highlights-- his goals, his passes, excellent.

i also understand pep a little better now i think, seeing him speak, etc. he is clearly obsessed but seems a lot less detached into his head than the impression i had of him.

of course he is still a maniac but i appreciate him a little more. i guess that's the point of all pr/puff pieces after all. but yes. this has humanized him in my eyes ha ha ha.

now the thing is i realized that he learned something in bundesliga. which is:

at the beginning of the season when they're building the team they make a big issue of having players who can play like pep wants but who are also *physical*. and they make a huge deal out of how physical the prem is. and so you see john stones, and mendy, and van bruyne...

the thing is though, bundesliga is also very physical. and the champions league is also very physical-- like when you have to face atlético madrid for example.

anyway one of the big things that bothered me with pep at bayern is that he brought in very skilled but small/smallish men. like bernat or thiago alcántara. or gotze who had a diseas but o well. and played rafinha a lot. and then relegated physical players like javi martínez to defense. ok, xabi alonso came in for schewinsteiger, but overall there was a loss of physicality in the team with him. bayern lost that edge.

doesn't seem to be the case at man city though. that team can outmuscle its opponents as well as play passing football, and that is a great thing.

anyway gonna look at rest of schedule now...
Old 08.22.2018, 02:39 PM   #10614
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=!@#$%!]
Quote:
alright i'll keep an eye on it, thanks.

especially after what i saw yesterday...

so, been watching the ALL OR NOTHING man city documentary on amazon. it's from last year's campagin (so far anyway).

first episode is about building the team (and mourinho on van bruyne), second episode about the man u rivalry (and mourinho's interviews), third episode is about their undefeated streak up to the new year’s defeat against liverpool...

Been watching this myself. Im on the third episode and totally loving it.

Quote:
one of the great treats has been to see the various silva highlights-- his goals, his passes, excellent.

Yes! Praise the lord

Quote:
i also understand pep a little better now i think, seeing him speak, etc. he is clearly obsessed but seems a lot less detached into his head than the impression i had of him.

of course he is still a maniac but i appreciate him a little more. i guess that's the point of all pr/puff pieces after all. but yes. this has humanized him in my eyes ha ha ha.

I've always liked Guardiola. but I've a new level of respect for him now. Especially in comparison to Moanrinho who will use any situation to throw his players under the bus. Also, think you might like this... https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/sta...57602328604673

Quote:
now the thing is i realized that he learned something in bundesliga. which is:

at the beginning of the season when they're building the team they make a big issue of having players who can play like pep wants but who are also *physical*. and they make a huge deal out of how physical the prem is. and so you see john stones, and mendy, and van bruyne...

the thing is though, bundesliga is also very physical. and the champions league is also very physical-- like when you have to face atlético madrid for example.

There was one thing De Bruye has said that he had to take Guardiola aside and explain how big the second ball was in the Premier League. That's one of the things Guardiola struggled with and it showed in the Premier League in his first season.

And Burnley and Crystal Palace would kick Madrid all over the park

Anyway gotta go as I'm rushing. I'll talk more later.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2018, 04:34 PM   #10615
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Been watching this myself. Im on the third episode and totally loving it.

Yes! Praise the lord

I've always liked Guardiola. but I've a new level of respect for him now. Especially in comparison to Moanrinho who will use any situation to throw his players under the bus. Also, think you might like this... https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/sta...57602328604673

There was one thing De Bruye has said that he had to take Guardiola aside and explain how big the second ball was in the Premier League. That's one of the things Guardiola struggled with and it showed in the Premier League in his first season.

And Burnley and Crystal Palace would kick Madrid all over the park

Anyway gotta go as I'm rushing. I'll talk more later.

h ha those jumps he makes yeah. i'll say this, watching that thing: i have no idea what the fuck he's talking about when he points at his charts. zero sense. i'm like "waaaa...." .. but anyway yeah

i looked for the debruyne thing and i could not find one. could you post a link. also i'm not familiar with the term "second ball"--what is it? (makes me think of basketball rebounds)

maybe i think you meant LONG ball cuz i found articles related to that?

anyway... good stuff all this. really looking forward to watch more episodes in a bit.

oh, i remembered the name john stones, i remember seeing him before this and i google and found... he was at everton first yes? ha ha ha.

i also remember the name "joey barton" who was i think some sort of criminal. and qpr. and then i see that match. i actually saw that i remember the people going bananas in the stands.

OH, and who was the bands that like city? i kinda dont know that guy or his colleagues.

but good soundtrack too at times btw. ha ha ha.

but yeah if you know the bands that guy says... he only sez first names
Old 08.22.2018, 05:57 PM   #10616
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

i looked for the debruyne thing and i could not find one. could you post a link. also i'm not familiar with the term "second ball"--what is it? (makes me think of basketball rebounds)

Essentially the same thing but in a long ball or punted up context. I wouldn't be surprised if early on in Pep's time at city they conceded goals to teams who were good at winning second balls - most obviously Leicester in their title winning season.

Or to make life easier, this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfkkRLrrHw4
Old 08.22.2018, 07:30 PM   #10617
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ah, yeah, okay! thanks

so what the fuck is a carabao cup

i know i can google, but i mean— why??

the schedule is so brutal it boggles the mind

also, how is bravo doing now?
Old 08.22.2018, 08:58 PM   #10618
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Also, think you might like this... https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/sta...57602328604673

haaaa haaaa haaa just watched the episode for the original source footage

could not stop laughing
Old 08.23.2018, 04:02 AM   #10619
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, I got my names mixed up. It was Xabi Alonso which makes more sense. Here's the quote

Quote:
"That unpredictable game here in England, that makes it so fascinating for the fans, because you never know what will happen. It's always there's a last chance for one team, which makes it so beautiful, but to try to control it is a bit more difficult and we will need more time.

"To adapt to the specific quality of this league. I try to play in one way all my career and here, for example with high pressing, when they have the ball we go to pick them up, but it is not allowed, because it is not allowed.

Many times the ball is more in the air than the grass, and I have to adapt. I was in Munich and spoke with Xabi Alonso, and he said: 'You have to adapt, it's the second ball, the second ball!'

"But really, you have to adapt to the second ball, and the third ball, and the fourth! I never before was focused on that, because in Barcelona or in Spain, more or less the players try to play for the culture.

"That's why they won World Cups, and they won the Euros, won the Champions Leagues, the Europa Leagues, all the time, all of the years, Spanish teams are in the latter stages, all of the teams.

"In Germany it was more physical, but not like here. Here it is all the teams, except maybe Chelsea because Antonio is playing really well and having them build up [with the ball], but the other teams are taller, stronger, physical, and you have to adapt and build from that."

Old 08.23.2018, 04:18 AM   #10620
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
h ha those jumps he makes yeah. i'll say this, watching that thing: i have no idea what the fuck he's talking about when he points at his charts. zero sense. i'm like "waaaa...." .. but anyway yeah

Tell me about it. I'll say this, watching with subtitles helps a lot for me.

Quote:
oh, i remembered the name john stones, i remember seeing him before this and i google and found... he was at everton first yes? ha ha ha.

*sigh* yeah he was. Sure he regrets leaving Everton everyday.

Quote:
OH, and who was the bands that like city? i kinda dont know that guy or his colleagues.

Johnny Marr (the guy talking)was in the Smiths, Noel and Liam Gallagher Oasis of course, the rest were nothing bands. Badly Drawn Boy you might recognise his face and had a few hits in the early 00's, Blossoms are a new whatever band. Funny that Marr misses most of the famous Man Utd fans
[/quote]

Quote:
so what the fuck is a carabao cup

Urgh. That cup has had so many names throughout history. It's better known as the League Cup. However, I like to call it the Milk Trophy cos I'm a flithy hipster. It's one of thse trophies where no one wants to win it and it just clogs up the fixture table. Except the team who does win it gets to say "YEAH! WE WON A TROPHY! IN YOUR FACE!" and everyone else looks and goes "Mate, it's the fucking league cup no one cares".

Quote:
the schedule is so brutal it boggles the mind

Tell me about it. By the time January finishes I'm worn out I'm just watching it!

431481521528529530 531 532533534541581631 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth