Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Egomaniacal local bands burning their bridges...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.31.2006, 02:30 PM   #1
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Someone I know posted this on a myspace bulletin. I thought this was kind of funny and lame - this Cheapo record store chain is probably the place where this band would sell most of their cds in the area. I haven't heard this band Faggot yet, but they recently had the cover of our local weekly.

A 'gentleman' from the self-proclaimed "best band in the Twin Cities" (um, what?) flicked a bunch of thumb tacks at one of my best friend's face today. He was putting up Faggot posters. So, I hope I don't anger any Hot Topic or Saint Sabrina's fans here.. but...

Rae Rae is an underpaid clerk who is unfortunate enough to have to make a "living" at Cheapo in uptown. This cocksucker was tearing down other bands' posters in the entryway (doing us all a favor since they are the only good band in MPLS, right?), and she had asked him to stop. He turned to her and started to freak out about "corporate this" and "corporate that" - all to a chick who works for $8.00 an hour at a locally-owned record store. He started going off about how she was corporate evil and all this shit. Then he threw tacks at her (tacks probably manufactured by a corporate manufacturing company, so who's supporting who here) and jumped on his stinky bike (probably made by a corporate bike company) and rode off. At least we know he's not supporting Dove or Johnson & Johnson or Suave. And I bet the clothes he was wearing were all hand made locally by independantly owned tight-pants companies, right?

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 02:33 PM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I want to go to one of their shows. They must rock!
Old 08.31.2006, 02:48 PM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I thought Tapes ‘n Tapes was all the rage up there right now.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 02:51 PM   #4
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I had seen Tapes 'n Tapes a while ago, and had no Idea how popular they were until recently...They were good, but I didn't think they were that special. I'll have to hear their record.

Faggot aren't 'huge' around here as far as I can tell...I heard they are playing with Costes and Cock ESP sometime soon here.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 03:40 PM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Two separate local bands popped to mind as soon as I saw the title.

One of the bands is awful, and I'm sort of sad that they've become disconnected because:
1. They are laughably bad, and it is always nice to have a laugh
2. I look better by comparison
3. I used to be friends with the lead guitarist (who isn't the reason they are bad, the singer is, and the singer is also a complete douchebag)

The other band is pretty good, and I want to give them shows, but their bad etiquette at the last 2 shows has really pissed people off, myself included.

Which sort of narrows are scene down to 4 bands from 6. 3 of which I happen to be in. So everytime I set up a show at my house, it pretty much means I get to play 3 setlists. During holiday breaks a 5th band will be in town, so that will help. Plus there are a few other bands that are from around here but just not part of our core group of people that can play shows.

I have yet to delve into the Pittsburgh scene, which is far more dramatic than our little scene in Zelienoplace (Zelienople).
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 05:44 PM   #6
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I saw a dumb ad in a record store the other day. 'Best band in Liverpool seeks lead singer'.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth