Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Talk to me...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.11.2017, 03:09 AM   #61
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I just found out that Thurston Moore Group will play the same festival in summer that I will be playing.

https://www.pohodafestival.sk/en/new...on-moore-group

I'm kind of happy about this.
If you were playing a different stage at the the same time as TMG, I'd go see you.

You should play a warm up show for my birthday.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2017, 04:47 AM   #62
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
If you were playing a different stage at the the same time as TMG, I'd go see you.

You should play a warm up show for my birthday.

Steven! Is it still on that you'd come to Bratislava in ... what was it ... May?

In April 15-28 we will be in Sri Lanka, so I'm out of town, but other than that I hope we'll meet.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2017, 08:05 AM   #63
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ sorry about your thread getting derailed but did you read what i posted you about soundcloud? still would love to hear the new tracks & wondering why the block in getting them released
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2017, 05:03 AM   #64
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Talk to me, today. It's one of these rare days that I'm bored at work, and I'd like some company.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 07.18.2017, 05:33 PM   #65
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hey! i just saw this. might be too late!

anyway i'll go to my evernote in a bit and fish out my notes and post for whenever.
Old 07.19.2017, 08:54 AM   #66
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

alright dude so this was meant to be a PM and here it goes. i get to make an ass of myself in public! in any case i hope this is useful to you. wanted to write more but not knowing where to send/how to send i stopped. here it goes:

---

slavo hey!

i'm sorry it's taken me a while, i was swamped and without a method (i've reinstituted pomodoros, a life-saver), and we had a death in the family and all kinds of things but i'm giving your tracks some dedication now, and i've listened to the first one a few times: EXPO 80

so, first of all, i looooooooove the sound of the synthesizer, sounds like something very 70s, vangelis, or something. that fat analog sound, with a slight bit of reverb, that's just fantastic, fantastic. i love that loop and the way it fills the air.

you said treat them like demos and so i found 2 problems for me:

1) the voice of the (australian? australians?) is hard to tell what's he's saying. and so instead of hearing some and then forgetting, the brain tries to figure out what is going on. i listened to this with alone and with my wife, and she's a native english speaker, so it might be the level or something. personally, i don't prefer his voice, it sort of clashes.

i do love the static over the voice though, which for me comes across as a homage to daydream nation's "providence", except that it's not watt telling thurston about his lost weed (i heard that's what that was about) but instead it's some aussie saying something.

with that in mind i do wonder if the fans of your music would know who that guy is and what he's saying? but the vibe i get from him is not pleasant. don't mean to rag on the guy but not knowing what he's saying and his tone of voice makes me a little "nervous" in a way. don't know if that's the mood you want with it.

the other issue i found is that there is an overlay of something like chimes on the high end of the spectrum. and their sound is beautiful, but the notes tend to bleed into one another and generate a kinds of... skating or slipping sound, like when you rub glass with your finger, you know the sound? i like the idea a lot but not the pitch they generate. not sure why. so if this was more me i'd ask can you maybe a) make the silences between notes longer so that the new sound is not generated, or b) change things so that the generated pitch is different maybe-- more pleasant?

i need to listen to it again but i wanted to send you the notes over the weekend when i have more time. i'm writing this from memory so i'd like to listen live & read my notes & see if it corroborates.

so, please take everything i'm saying with a grain of salt. i might be completely wrong. this is just one subjective appreciation.

i really do love the synthesizer sound though! it fills the house GREAT.

this week i aim to proceed with the next track

where i listened to this:

i have an simple onkyo stereo amp and a couple of vintange pioneer speakers. which could probably use some reconing, lol, but they're clear enough at the volumes. which is: i filled the room a bit. i have a kind of a cathedral ceiling not a modern apartment. like a circus tent. so it takes 40W maybe? not deafening, just, fill up the room (some 10 meters across)

i listened to the tracks intently during work breaks and at the end of the day also. i thought i'd try with headphones as well on a different set.

also, i streamed from soundcloud. i'm really impressed by the quality of their stream. doesn't sound "streamy" at all!

okay! i hope this was somehow useful to you. please let me know what you think of my feedback and if i'm missing something. thanks for sharing the tracks! now on to the next one.
Old 11.18.2018, 12:29 AM   #67
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Hi _slavo_
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2018, 03:12 AM   #68
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Hi _slavo_

btw Claire, Slavo is a cool guy.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2018, 04:07 AM   #69
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
btw Claire, Slavo is a cool guy.

And greenlight is even cooler! Although he snores all the time whenever we're in a hotel room together (which happened 2 times so far).

Btw hi Claire.

Talk to me someone. Today it's raining and my feet are cold.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.19.2018, 04:02 PM   #70
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
And greenlight is even cooler! Although he snores all the time whenever we're in a hotel room together (which happened 2 times so far).

Btw hi Claire.

lol, everyone's relatively near each other but me.

On one of my Discord servers nearly everyone was American and then there's me and another Aussie literally a train ride away. So we met up, it was cool, and my parents flipped their shit XD

My feet are warm because I'm still in bed. Apparently there's going to be thunderstorms all afternoon, so I'll try and get out of my daily weeding duties by not doing it this morning.
Old 11.20.2018, 01:08 AM   #71
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Btw hi Claire.

do not mind him Claire. I think he is just being funny as he always is. I do not think I was snoring this time around, or was I ? maybe I was just too knackered each night after them gigs, ehrmm.

btw, I think we shared hotel room more then twice. ATP UK + LGW NL + your gig in Prague CZ + SY gig in Krems AT (that is where I had to snore big time according to your reaction in the morning /worst so far from them all /, although we were really drunk, so there u go). not mentioning countless gigs we witnessed together. uhmm, yeah but Moshe is still winning talking about hotel room sharing.

by the way Slavo, are you going to Pan American this Sat.?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2018, 03:28 AM   #72
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight

btw, I think we shared hotel room more then twice. ATP UK + LGW NL + your gig in Prague CZ + SY gig in Krems AT (that is where I had to snore big time according to your reaction in the morning /worst so far from them all /, although we were really drunk, so there u go). not mentioning countless gigs we witnessed together. uhmm, yeah but Moshe is till winning.

by the way Slavo, are you going to Pan American this Sat.?

that's true, man. It was four times, not 2. And of course I'm just pulling your leg. I think I've never heard you snore.

Pan American this Saturday - of course, count me in!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.20.2018, 03:29 AM   #73
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
lol, everyone's relatively near each other but me.

that's one of the disadvantages of being an Aussie. The second one are the spiders. (see, how stereotypical I'm being now?)

but for instance, Moshe is from Israel which is not really that close to Europe but he still travels around for gigs.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.20.2018, 03:36 AM   #74
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
that's one of the disadvantages of being an Aussie. The second one are the spiders. (see, how stereotypical I'm being now?)

but for instance, Moshe is from Israel which is not really that close to Europe but he still travels around for gigs.

Actually the spiders aren't bad. I mean, they exist, but I don't go poking around in dead trees or sticking my head in attics, so I don't encounter them very much. And I don't live in funnelweb territory.

I live close to a big city, so bands do usually come here, but I've never been to a gig (probably just a function of my age).
Old 11.20.2018, 03:40 AM   #75
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Actually the spiders aren't bad. I mean, they exist, but I don't go poking around in dead trees or sticking my head in attics, so I don't encounter them very much. And I don't live in funnelweb territory.

I heard it can get bad with the funnelwebs, like they can hide in your shoe and then bite you, etc.
but I'm arachnophobic, so I make a lot of crazy shit in my head involving spiders.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.20.2018, 03:46 AM   #76
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I heard it can get bad with the funnelwebs, like they can hide in your shoe and then bite you, etc.
but I'm arachnophobic, so I make a lot of crazy shit in my head involving spiders.

They're a Sydney thing, so they won't impact me unless I go there (which I don't plan to).

I wouldn't say I'm arachnophobic, but I can get a bit anxious around them. If they're small I'll let them go.
Old 11.20.2018, 03:52 AM   #77
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
They're a Sydney thing, so they won't impact me unless I go there (which I don't plan to).

I wouldn't say I'm arachnophobic, but I can get a bit anxious around them. If they're small I'll let them go.

one of my friends lives in Perth and a while ago he sent me this picture of his work desk:

I would like die, instantly, just looking at this.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.20.2018, 03:57 AM   #78
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
one of my friends lives in Perth and a while ago he sent me this picture of his work desk:

I would like die, instantly, just looking at this.

Yeah, that'd be enough to give me anxiety. I'd grab the nearest book and give it a whack.

Perth is weird, it's the most isolated 'big' city in the world.
Old 11.20.2018, 04:03 AM   #79
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Perth is weird, it's the most isolated 'big' city in the world.

I've never been to Australia so I can't say, but he kind of confirmed what you said. He said it was very boring and then he left for Tokyo which is, indeed, a much different story.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.20.2018, 10:01 AM   #80
MrsCat
empty page

MrsCat has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what is your favorite Banshees song Slavo? Mine is Spellbound

Hey, same here.