Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Anchorage Band: The Riot
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.21.2006, 10:33 PM   #1
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
I'm curious if anyone would listen to these guys and tell me what you think http://myspace.com/coffeetablecounterculture The CD is Carry Me to the Sea, by The Riot.

I think this band is damn amazing. Let's start with Yes and move on to Sonic Youth. Now take a side trip over to Tool. Maybe a little Janis Joplin Vocal? Not sure--some sort of brash female vocal with heavy Jon Anderson infuence--not to mention that Evenensance chic--and maybe Fiona Apple. Drummer loves Tool and isn't afraid to show it. Keyboards are bold, pretentious pianos and spacy synths. Some Peter Gabriel/Genesis theatrics. Beat/fantasy lyrics. Lee could take a cue or too.

I heard of them when they opened for Shiny Toy Guns http://myspace.com/shinytoyguns Garbage meets uh, the Cars? I saw them two nights The Shinys asked them to open for them the next night.

I like 'em a lot! I do! Um Hmm
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2006, 04:08 PM   #2
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
So, no one will even spend a couple minutes and tell me what they think...
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth